collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Nice to mean you!!  (Read 558 times)

Offline HappyCrover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
  • Princess Bee!
    • View Profile
    • Happy Crover Tumblr
Nice to mean you!!
« on: March 02, 2017, 03:06:49 PM »
Hello! You can call me Bee! I found out about Monster High a few years ago when playing with the young daughter of our family friends. I was blown away by the designs and creativity of these dolls! I already knew about repainting before but never got into it. After a few years, I finally decided to try it!

So here sre a few things about me:

How old are you? - Im 23 currently!

Where do you live? State, Country? Planet? - Im from Canada  :)

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? - Art school drop out, just working to save money for culinary school!

Who are the important people in your life? - I am very close to my immediate family, and I have an amazing best friend who is the world to me.

Dolls: Frankie, Spectra, Rochelle, Clawdeen, Ghoulia

How long have you been collecting? - Probably only a month or so did I finally start buying dolls. But I bought a Draculaura years ago that Im not sure what happened to her.

What made you want to collect Monster High dolls? - I loved how beautiful and creative and unique they were. They were so completely different than the barbies I grew up with, I was so amazed at the quality and creativity put into them. I watched a lot of tutorials and process repaints of MH dolls and I was so inspired to do my own repaints and customizing.

Tell us about your collection!

Even from the very beginning of discovering MH, I love love loved Rochelle. But she never seemed to be at the stores I looked. My first doll is a very cheap 5 dollar walmart Frankie with limited posability and rather cheap make. I got her for practicing the materials and techniques for customizing but I found myself growing really fond of her.

Later, I found a cheap lot sale on ebay of nice quality dolls with clothes and accessories, and it included my lovely Rochelle!! Im so exited to work on her later. I also adore Spectra's beautiful transparency and face sculpt. Clawdeen is another girl Ive been fond of. As for Ghoulia.... Im still looking for some inspiration! haha

I think that about sums it up. I look forward to getting to know you guys and sharing all things Monster High!
"Can you find it in the field?"
I'm Princess Bee and I'm trying to make cute custom dolls!! Let's be friends~

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
Re: Nice to mean you!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:59:35 AM »
Oh so happy to have another Canadian on the board.  I really love Evver after high that is my favourite. But my daughter is not so into dolls as me and she likes MH better. Her favourite doll  is Amanita Nightshade.

Rochelle is lovely soft and pink. Alfhough her signature dress has eluded
Me forever

What are you planning for your first custom?

Offline ebmerc

• Champion of Love and Justice
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:10:07 AM »
Welcome to the Arena Bee! The more Rochelle lovers the better! She's prreettttyyy popular around here. :)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time doll enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:17:26 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, Bee!

Have you done any customs yet?  I'd love to see what you've created! :D

So glad that you've joined us! :hug:
:leaves: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :leaves:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline HappyCrover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
  • Princess Bee!
    • View Profile
    • Happy Crover Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:35:45 AM »
Wow, I dropped off for a while there. Work and life always seems to get in the way!

I've been working on a Frankie repaint, and I've got a lot of concepts for others! But I live in one of the rainiest regions at the rainiest time of year it seems. So getting any time or conditions for sealant is a miracle!

But I think i'll start posting treads on my face-up journeys and what I've gotten done so far! At least until the weather clears  :annoyed:
"Can you find it in the field?"
I'm Princess Bee and I'm trying to make cute custom dolls!! Let's be friends~

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scary Cute
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:01:46 PM »
Wow, I dropped off for a while there. Work and life always seems to get in the way!

I've been working on a Frankie repaint, and I've got a lot of concepts for others! But I live in one of the rainiest regions at the rainiest time of year it seems. So getting any time or conditions for sealant is a miracle!

But I think i'll start posting treads on my face-up journeys and what I've gotten done so far! At least until the weather clears  :annoyed:
We seem to have quite a bit in common, I also got into the dolls to do repainting.
I'm about to move to Sweden from California, so completely different weather conditions, hardly any of which will be optimal for sealing, but maybe you'll find this tip as helpful as I plan to once I move!
Welcome to the Arena!