collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Hi everyone! *waves*  (Read 401 times)

Offline neptunewaves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
  • Running With Wolves
    • View Profile
Hi everyone! *waves*
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »
Well, I've never been good at introductions, but here we go...

My name is Sabrina and I was born in Argentina some 32 (I know) years ago. My life it's kind of on hold right now because I am the sole caretaker of my grandmother, but I have every intention of resuming my studies this year.

I started my collection right off the bat, when the first dolls were released. I just fell heels over head for the painstakingly detailed designs and the not so subtle dark references in the dolls diaries, from Draculaura's past as a human girl and determination to "not going back to her old ways" (drinking blood?), to Spectra's chains (she obviously died in a dungeon, was she a spy/traitor? Maybe that's what informed her current gossip-y nature). The general gothic aesthetics were just the cherry on top, I knew these dolls were something else.

I got my first (Spectra - the store was out of Draculauras) for Christmas, and I've been slowly growing my collection ever since, though it's kind of a challenge because I have to buy them overseas for three to five times the original price. That's why I don't buy every single doll but the ones I know I can't live without it, and kept them all in their boxes - mint condition.

Off the top of my head - so far I have both Cleo/Deuce packs and the original Clawd/Draculaura gifset. Draculaura, Operetta, Spectra, Elissabat, Sirena, Casta Fierce and Rochelle first editions. Draculaura Collector's Doll (my precious); Draculaura and Lagoona Blue's Monster Exchange Program editions; Draculaura and Frankie Sweet Screams editions; Draculaura Art Class edition, Nefera and Luna Boo York's edition, Cleo Ghouls Rule Edition; Dracubecca; Cleo, Draculaura and Operetta Frights, Camera, Action! editions; Operetta Dot Dead Gorgeous and Clawdeen Ghoul Sports.

I already ordered Lagoona and Rochelle Shriekwrecked Nautical Ghouls, and I am dying to get my hands on some good Abbey and Robbeca dolls.

I am so glad I found this forum! :)

Offline monsteleon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scary Cute
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone! *waves*
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:50:39 PM »
Welcome!  I'm pretty new here myself, but I've found the forums to be really informative and everyone friendly.

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 06:56:08 PM »
Hi welcome, you obviously have good will power to keep the dolls in their boxes. Have you opened any you just had to  debox.  I like the dolls out or devices, there is a few I keep boxed but not many.  My hubby always teases me and  says playing with your dolls?  I always reply no just sorting and organizing. :biggrin

What dolls do you find locally any? 

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time doll enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:13:17 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, Sabrina!  (Sorry for the unintentional rhyme. :lol:)

MH really is a strikingly unique line, isn't it?  And the dolls are so varied that there's a character for absolutely everyone!

I'd love to see your collection one day. 
All MIB?  Wow!  I tried to at least keep my CE and SDCC dolls in their boxes... but I failed. ^^;

So glad that you've joined us here! :hug:
:leaves: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :leaves:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram