collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: New collector, old love!  (Read 352 times)

Offline kiriyu2013

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
New collector, old love!
« on: February 24, 2017, 02:40:44 PM »
Hi, So I'm Kiriyu (Kiri) and I have only recently started collecting MH/EAH dolls.

Personal:

How old are you? 26 ripe years of age

Where do you live? State, Country? Planet? Wirral, UK (Little sticky outy bit under Liverpool)

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? Currently unemployed, then going to be a student in September studying forensic anthropology.

Who are the important people in your life? My daughter, Riley who is 2 and a half and the light of my life, and my husband Tim who puts up with me and funds my habits of buying dolls.

Dolls: Amanita Nightshade, Frightfully Tall Clawdeen Wolf, Boo York Luna Mothews, Freak Du Chic Twyla, Shriekwrecked Catrine DeMew, and Scaremester Catrine DeMew (I think). Also have two EAH dolls, Meshell D'Mer and Melody Piper.

How long have you been collecting? approx. 2 months

What made you want to collect Monster High dolls? Wants a BJD doll but couldn't afford, MH next best thing for me to design clothing for!

Tell us about your collection!

I started off buying MH dolls a while ago, had series 1 frankie (who is long gone and missed!) and then swimsuit draculaura (Who has again gone AWOL) never really played with either and just sat on my bedside cabinet. Then few years later I picked up a 'Once Upon a Zombie' doll who Is still untouched in her box. A friend of mine has a really cute BJD and she makes her own clothes for it so I decided I wanted to do similar and ended up with my first MH doll, Catrine DeMew - Always wanted the cat one as I am a cat person. Unfortunately the box came a little bit worse for wear considering it was sold as 'new' so I am allowing this one to be customised once I get the money to do so. Since then I have been keeping an eye out for bargains in local stores and charity shops and have picked up the dolls listed above. I desperately want the 17" Elissabat but it is out of stock everywhere, and can't afford 100 for it off ebay lol! It has taken me about 6 weeks to collect the dolls I have listed above, and will be keeping an eye out for more.

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
Re: New collector, old love!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 07:25:24 AM »
Welcome and crazy how dolls go AWOL. Have you made any clothing for your dolls would love to see pictures

EAH is my favourite but somehow we seem to have amassed a few mh :blink:

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time doll enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: New collector, old love!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, Kiriyu!

Making clothes for dolls is one of the greatest things about being a collector. 
I hope that you'll show us all of the beautiful outfits that you create for your dollies.  I'd love to see them. ^.^
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram