collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Help Wobbly Knee's on mh doll and need reattach one leg on another doll  (Read 1217 times)

Offline rawrhug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bad Box Hair
    • View Profile
Just recently bought a mh doll lot on ebay and most the dolls need work. most i am not interested in helping , but one of the dolls i am she's the honey swamp doll from the freak du chic series and her knees are super wobbly , and was wondering if anyone has a solution on fixing that.

there is also another doll whose leg from the knee is totally off what is the best glue to attach it because there is no fixing the mechanism it looks like they tried but did not succeed and had just tapped her leg back on.

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
Re: Help Wobbly Knee's on mh doll and need reattach one leg on another doll
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
Not sure how to "fix" Honey, I'm afraid. She was designed that way to give her a wobbly, marionette feel. Every one of the dolls from that release has the wiggly legs.

As for fixing Luna, are you looking to retain mobility? Or just fuse the leg into one piece? If the latter, you can use any glue that would fuse the plastic pieces (E-6000 for example), then cover the joint for extra stability with apoxie sculpt and paint it to match.

Offline Refuse to Dance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Isolt
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »
As Honey is from the FdC line and is supposed to be a marionette, I heard her limbs are supposed to be loose.
My Ghouls: Princess Isabella, Queen Mio, Mairin, Dione, CÚline, Ruin, Adabella, Smet, Lala, Morgance, Frankie, Caterine, Sophiane,Thaddeus, Clawd, Deuce, Roch,Abbey, Nixie, Cupid, Skelita,Serigala, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Miette, Mignonette, Elo´ne, Operetta, Robecca, Conwenna, Venus,Ghoulia, Lolita,Nephthys, Circe, Isolt, Ilona, Persephone, Hecate, Kesare, Triveni and more

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 06:58:47 PM »
When I had a malfunction with a broken off leg, I just glued it back together. Doll still has her mobility, too. I think I used super glue.

Offline rawrhug

• Bad Box Hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 07:30:45 PM »
Not sure how to "fix" Honey, I'm afraid. She was designed that way to give her a wobbly, marionette feel. Every one of the dolls from that release has the wiggly legs.

As for fixing Luna, are you looking to retain mobility? Or just fuse the leg into one piece? If the latter, you can use any glue that would fuse the plastic pieces (E-6000 for example), then cover the joint for extra stability with apoxie sculpt and paint it to match.

oh ok i get it lol . just though it was loose from over play hehe, thanks for the info

yea i think the only option is to glue and she will just have a stiff leg. thank you for the suggestions.

As Honey is from the FdC line and is supposed to be a marionette, I heard her limbs are supposed to be loose.
oh ok make sense i just thought they were loose from over play . thank you

When I had a malfunction with a broken off leg, I just glued it back together. Doll still has her mobility, too. I think I used super glue.
oh that would be awesome if she had mobility still, thank you .

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:53:10 PM »
TheStripeyCat documented her repair of a broken-legged Nefera a few years back.
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,3952.0.html

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline rawrhug

• Bad Box Hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 11:37:08 PM »
Cool , thank you I will definitely take a look.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »

Thanks for posting this link! Love the leg surgery, casting, gold prosthetic, etc. Were hieroglyphs ever added?

I once saw a pic online of a FT Gooliope that someone had painted her drips gold. Looked fantastic! But I didn't bookmark it and could never find it again, sigh.

Rawrhug, a friend of mine has that Honey Swamp too, and she laments the marionette-ness of the legs. I haven't yet deboxed mine.
Lisa
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline rawrhug

• Bad Box Hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 03:56:33 PM »

can i use hot glue to fix her leg?

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 04:06:52 PM »
I wouldn't use hot glue, as it can possibly melt the plastic?

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

can i use hot glue to fix her leg?

Hot glue probably wouldn't hold, I'm afraid. In addition to the gun being hot enough to potentially melt the leg itself, the plastic types are too different, and not porous enough to hold for long.

E-6000 is available pretty widely at craft and jewellery stores and dries really, really clear. Other alternatives you could try would be crazy glue/super glue options which are more easily found at super markets and things. They tend to not be quite so transparent when they dry, however, and can yellow over time.

The other option is to leave her legless, make her a set of crutches, and say that's part of her character now.

(A few other people on the forum have done similarly; an armless Operetta was turned into a gory zombie, for example).

Offline desdisques

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Fashion Pack
  • Tall doll lover
    • View Profile
    • Dollulus
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »
E-6000 is a good glue. I prefer it to superglue because superglue gets so brittle it seems like stuff breaks easily. (I've never actually used it on a doll, just for other crafts.)