collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Anyone Else Love Blind Bags/Boxes?  (Read 6025 times)

Offline Ocean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Else Love Blind Bags/Boxes?
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 03:12:03 PM »
I really like some of the Twozies. But I really HATE blind bags/boxes!

I like little things, like, Little Kingdom stuff, and I like to know exactly what I'm getting.

Since I can't be certain that I won't end up with something I kinda don't like or REALLY don't like with a blind bag, I am willing to pay MUCH less for that unknown factor.

Like, one of the most disappointing experiences I find is to have doubles or more or something that was only "meh" to begin with. That's such a downer so that really comes into my cost I'm winning to pay just for the slim chance of what I really do want.

That being said, Twozies are cute. I especially like their dioramas and have bought all of them. Note how there are no hidden mystery anything about the dioramas!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »
I've been wanting to get into Animal Jams, but would I be "out of the loop", since I don't play the mobile game they're based on? XD I guess that's kind of a silly concern, lol.

There was a great sale on Twozies (and a lot of other blind bag minis) over the holidays, so I bought a bunch. They're so cute! Does anyone know how they're doing in terms of popularity? I want to see future waves...

Offline Myrcury

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Official Candy Ghoul (says Dfotw!) <3
    • View Profile
    • Myrcury's Toybox
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »
I didn't even know there -was- a mobile game until I spotted the code on the last Animal Jam I got. I just like the teeny tiny animals lol. :)

That said, if anyone does play it and wants my codes, lemme know! :3

My Sales *** My Trades *** My Wishlist

I'm a fabric hoarder! Need fabric for making doll clothes? PM me, maybe I can help! :)

Offline Fairy Tale Man

• Down Undah Diva
  • Ever After High Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2017, 09:33:08 PM »
I watch so many Youtube videos of Blind Bag openings, but I really do not care to collect them myself. I do not think a tiny little figure that I don't even know which one I'm getting is worth the money. :/ (And don't get me started on those MLP Blind Bags where most of them are the Mane Six with a different color and Cutie Mark.)

That being said, I do like the idea of MyMiniMixieQs (as well as Gift Ems, and the LOL surprises, since they have mix and match redressability like dolls. Even though with Gift Ems I wish Boys weren't relegated to being drivers, and LOL dolls need male characters period.) but I can never bring myself to spend the money on a set. I'd prefer to buy a doll, or a Video Game.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:35:42 PM by Fairy Tale Man »

Offline Melissa

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 04:42:08 AM »
I watch so many Youtube videos of Blind Bag openings, but I really do not care to collect them myself. I do not think a tiny little figure that I don't even know which one I'm getting is worth the money. :/ (And don't get me started on those MLP Blind Bags where most of them are the Mane Six with a different color and Cutie Mark.)

That being said, I do like the idea of MyMiniMixieQs (as well as Gift Ems, and the LOL surprises, since they have mix and match redressability like dolls. Even though with Gift Ems I wish Boys weren't relegated to being drivers, and LOL dolls need male characters period.) but I can never bring myself to spend the money on a set. I'd prefer to buy a doll, or a Video Game.
For what it's worth, the MLP Blindbags have letter codes on them that indicate which pony is in the bag.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »
Speaking of blind bags/box items I'm surprised Mattel had nothing at for My Mini Mixie Qs at Toy Fair. It seemed like they were doing ok.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline ilovefunandcute

• Glue-Seepage Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
I love blind bags,I also love the surprise aspect but if there's one thing I can't stand,it's getting duplicate after duplicate constantly(and the cost adds up really fast).

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »
Speaking of blind bags/box items I'm surprised Mattel had nothing at for My Mini Mixie Qs at Toy Fair. It seemed like they were doing ok.

Series 2 just came out, so I'm sure they're fine.

Offline girlnamedlance

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Haunting the toy aisles
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 03:45:09 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the new Power Rangers line that Bandai showed at Toy Fair. That tiny Rexy/Gabutyra! Gah! And my Minecraft minis collection is grossly behind. I'm still missing some from Series 1! Time to creep some codes on the chest series I guess.

This is all aside from collecting the MH Minis, of course. I'd like to try one of the LOL dolls though.
Can I have your autograph? I'm collecting Signatures!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
Oh yeah... I forgot to mention how much I'm drooling over Funko's Steven Universe blind boxes. *_* Anyone know where I can buy a case of those online (either series)? They don't seem to exist anywhere in my remote area. :(

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 07:43:28 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the new Power Rangers line that Bandai showed at Toy Fair. That tiny Rexy/Gabutyra! Gah!
WHAT??!!!
 :D :D

Offline girlnamedlance

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Haunting the toy aisles
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 02:57:55 AM »
I'm really looking forward to the new Power Rangers line that Bandai showed at Toy Fair. That tiny Rexy/Gabutyra! Gah!
WHAT??!!!
 :D :D

They come in like craggy rock capsules.

More, closer pics starting here in this facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/PowerRangersNow/photos/a.1154134571365998.1073742008.269241203188677/1154140061365449/?type=3&theater
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 03:03:02 AM by girlnamedlance »
Can I have your autograph? I'm collecting Signatures!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »
Welp, now I want some Animal Jams. I had managed to ignore them all this time, but my niece watched a video of a case of them being opened on YouTube and asked me to buy her a few. When she's here, I usually bring her home a few blind bags when we go grocery shopping, so I got her two of the little house ones and one of the treasure chest ones. They're a lot cuter and smaller than I thought they'd be. And after looking over the checklist, there's like a dozen I want.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 03:09:14 PM »
Welp, now I want some Animal Jams. I had managed to ignore them all this time, but my niece watched a video of a case of them being opened on YouTube and asked me to buy her a few. When she's here, I usually bring her home a few blind bags when we go grocery shopping, so I got her two of the little house ones and one of the treasure chest ones. They're a lot cuter and smaller than I thought they'd be. And after looking over the checklist, there's like a dozen I want.

Haha, I've been trying to not think about them.  :blink:
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Myrcury

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • Myrcury's Toybox
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2017, 09:44:07 AM »

It's become a Christmas tradition in our house, I stick a blind bag something-or-other in everyone's stocking. Last year my sister got a Puppy-in-my-Pocket, and Mom got a Walking Dead dog tag. I picked an Animal Jam for my own stocking, figuring what the heck, its $2, maybe it'll be cute or I can pass it on if I'm not a fan. Yeaaaahhh now I'm hooked, LOL :) There's about a dozen on the check list that I want, too. haha.

I'm a fabric hoarder! Need fabric for making doll clothes? PM me, maybe I can help! :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »
Would anyone be interested in a blind bag/box trading thread? Since there are so many types of blind bags out now and since a lot of us collect multiple types I thought that if there was one thread where we could all post the duplicates from whatever blind bags we have and what we're looking for, kind of like the Shopkins and MH Minis thread, except this one will be for all other types. So like Funko Minis, MixieQ's, Animal Jam, LOL Surprise, etc. and that way we can also all trade across the types, like say a MixieQ for an Animal Jam instead of just trading a Mixie for another Mixie, etc. I can go ahead and start the thread in the trade section if there's any interest.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »
Would anyone be interested in a blind bag/box trading thread? Since there are so many types of blind bags out now and since a lot of us collect multiple types I thought that if there was one thread where we could all post the duplicates from whatever blind bags we have and what we're looking for, kind of like the Shopkins and MH Minis thread, except this one will be for all other types. So like Funko Minis, MixieQ's, Animal Jam, LOL Surprise, etc. and that way we can also all trade across the types, like say a MixieQ for an Animal Jam instead of just trading a Mixie for another Mixie, etc. I can go ahead and start the thread in the trade section if there's any interest.

I really like that idea since I collect a lot of different ones and even if I have dupes in one toy I might not need any more from that kind. Maybe include Shopkins and MH Minis too tho.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Myrcury

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • Myrcury's Toybox
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »
Heck yeah, Sh'Boo, great idea! :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2017, 01:47:41 PM »
Ok, I made the thread: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,13897.0.html Now I just need to gather all my blind bag figures and take pics of them.

Offline pinkbird

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2017, 11:59:08 AM »
I would've liked them more if they were cheaper. MH minis have arrived and I'm wondering if I can justify the price, haha. 2 blind bags or a plushie? 3 blind bags or a budget doll? I feel that I'd choose the plushies or dolls over the blind bags.