collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Anyone Else Love Blind Bags/Boxes?  (Read 6036 times)

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Else Love Blind Bags/Boxes?
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »
I have some Blind Bags. Namely some Mini Zelfs, MH Minis and some Puppy in my Pockets. Not really too interested in the concept though and I feel like the whole thing preys on natural human curiosity for money.

Hilariously, the blind bags I'm most enamoured with (the LOL girls) are probably the most pricey of the bunch
Sugar, Spice and everything Feist!

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2017, 09:26:43 AM »
I did it. I bought an Animal Jams treasure chest.

Kinda meh on the critter...I got Speedydrop 1-132. I looked at the list and there were a whole bunch I'd have been happier with. I guess that's how it works, right?!

BUT...I'm happy with the aqua treasure chest as an MH prop!

Anyone play the online game and want the code, PM me and I'll send it to you.
Lisa
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2017, 06:42:31 AM »
They had the three packs of My Mini Mixieq's on clearance for 1.48$ instead of 5$ so I got two...I wouldn't have a problem collecting these at a clearance, they're well made and rather cute.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
I just saw a video on Youtube of someone opening these Chubby Puppies blind bag figures. They're so cute! I really want the Shiba Inu and there's also kitties and a pony. It claims it's a pegasus, but it doesn't appear to have wings. It's still really cute, though.

Offline Melissa

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2017, 12:19:46 PM »
I had some good blindbox luck this weekend. I've purchased several of the "Alice through the Looking Glass" Funko Mystery Minis and have gotten almost all of the ones I wanted. The last one (that was really more for my husband than me) was Mallymkun (the dormouse). She was 1/36 and I found one box this weekend. I shook it and it sounded small so I went for it, and sure enough it was her! Usually I don't have great luck when I only want one character so I was excited.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 03:31:30 PM »
Oh boy, I love blind bags!  I have loads of the MLP ones, and then a mix of some others.  I rarely have a "gotta catch em all" mentality, so usually I can be pretty content just getting one or two of a type to experiment.

Here are some of the kinds I like: MLP, Filly Princess (loved these, unfortunately haven't seen them around here in years), Unicorno, Breyer Mini Whinnies, LPS, Shopkins
I've also tried and liked Mixie Qs, Animal Jam, Tsum Tsums, and some others I'm probably forgetting.

I also looooove getting anime ones at Anime Cons!  Every con I go to, a significant amount of my budget goes to blind boxes.  I especially like the ones that are cute little figures, but I will occasionally go for key chains if they're really cute.  The only time I've ever gone really wild trying to get a full set of blind bags was this suuuper cute Free! Iwatobi Swim Club set that had all the boys in these adorable little inflatable pool rings.  I have all of Series One (with several doubles) and I looove them.  Seriously, they are some of the highlights of my anime collection to me because they're so adorable.  I have a few each from Series 2 and 3 but I decided not to complete the sets unless I see good deals because completing Series one got a bit expensive. 

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »
I love blind bag. But the ones that appear often are sold on kiosks that sell magazines. Like these https://images.ssstatic.com/magiki-delfines-del-arcoiris-15268221z0-19585867.jpg

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2017, 09:20:46 PM »
I love blind bag. But the ones that appear often are sold on kiosks that sell magazines. Like these https://images.ssstatic.com/magiki-delfines-del-arcoiris-15268221z0-19585867.jpg

Oh you are European? You wouldn't happen to have these where you are would you?

https://goo.gl/images/a94DIr

https://goo.gl/images/9p7AOf

https://goo.gl/images/BFStLt

We dont have those ponies here at all and the European Palace Pets are much better than the US ones.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline alkevin

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2017, 06:49:22 AM »
Sorry but no. The collection we have is some baby mini figures.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »
My daughter and I love blind bags and boxes.  We have Shopkins, MH minis, MLPs, Num Noms, Fash'ems, Animal Jam, the full set of Warcraft Mystery Minis, Trolls, My Mini Mixel Qs, Twosies, LEGO Minifigs, Playmobil, Teenie Genies, and a whole host of miscellaneous others.

Tonight she and I each picked up our first L.O.L. Surprise babies.  OMG they're adorable!  A bit pricey though.  As much as I love them and would like more, I won't be able to pick them up very often.

Offline alkevin

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2017, 09:18:32 AM »
Now it started to appear  Shopkins, Num Noms and Fash'ems.

Offline True

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Fangtastic
  • CAM Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2017, 12:45:59 PM »
Love/hate for me. There's a few series I really love, Like the animal jams, I've bought a few of those.

But typically I fall in love with ONE figure and I don't feel like spending money and possibly not getting it for a long time lol. I have bought a few off ebay if I find them cheap enough. But otherwise, I enjoy watching other people open them. :p
:skel:

Offline SummerSkye

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
I really only get the vinyl tsum tsums regularly. So adorable! I have a few different Funko Disney figures from different sets and MLP and a few monster high ones.

I'd love to get some of those weird/kawaii Japanese boxes though. Little animal ones or anime figures, gachas etc.  :inlove:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2017, 06:13:34 PM »
I found the Chubby Puppies & Friends blind bags for the first time today at Target. Of the four figures I got, the Shiba Inu is my favorite. My brother has one and I spend most of my time playing with her when we visit. I never really got into the bigger ones, but these tiny ones are adorable.

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2017, 06:58:35 AM »
I have some Blind Bags. Namely some Mini Zelfs, MH Minis and some Puppy in my Pockets. Not really too interested in the concept though and I feel like the whole thing preys on natural human curiosity for money.

Hilariously, the blind bags I'm most enamoured with (the LOL girls) are probably the most pricey of the bunch

I take this back, I've been completely and utterly enchanted by the Shimmer and Shine Teenie Genies. I own 21 of the 130 girls on offer and have seriously considered getting the Carry Case for them.

I don't even watch the show they're from (as I am not a young kid nor do I spend enough time with young kids to bywatch young kids tv) but I love these girls so much!

What I DO like about the Teenie Genies is that I can pry an peer through the bottom of the bottle WITHOUT opening it before I buy it to see if it's a dupe or not before I settle on the 5 buck asking price.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:02:10 AM by Cleoglyphics »
Sugar, Spice and everything Feist!

Offline Melissa

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2017, 10:31:52 AM »
Haha my friend's 3-year-old loves Shimmer and Shine. Don't try watching it, it's mind-numbingly annoying but the animation and merch is adorable!

Offline DreamCatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2017, 11:06:56 AM »
I don't like blindbags unless i can know exactly what can i get from them, yet i collect some... I am currently collecting Safiras Dragons in interesting poses and Monster Friendz because they make fun pokemon-like companions to my medium Zelfs. I used to collect Lil Zelfs too but they stopped bringing them to my country :( I'd like some MH minis but they are rare and expensive.

Offline RodimusKnight

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2017, 12:34:26 PM »
Lego Blind Bags, but I fondle the heck out of the to figure out what's in them. 

I've done a few others. As long as I have a chance of figuring out what is in them, I'll try if they are interesting and if I have a chance to get what I want...
I like that people are tracking the number on the MH minis, but with how hard it is to find new ones, I'm losing interest.

I hate the Blind Boxes though. No chance of figuring it out without opening them.

And the stupid Masters of the Universe boxes, where the characters I want are like a 1 in 36 to 1 in 48 chance of getting them. NO WAY!!

Offline monsteleon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »
I collect MH minis and Gift 'Ems religiously, but I know the codes for the minis, so I can pretty much just get the ones I want and any duplicates I give to my niece.  Gift 'Ems 3 packs are great because I'm only taking a chance on one "blind" figure--the other two are visible, and none of the 3 packs, so far, have repeat characters in them anyway, but you can't get all of them by just buying the 3 packs, so then trying to complete the collection is really frustrating.  I either have to buy multiple blind boxes in hopes of finding the ones I still need, or pay exorbitant prices on eBay.  Yeah, so I'm not a fan of blind packaging in general.   :annoyed:

My niece loves blind bags, but when I give her one and the toy inside is something she already has, I get one of these: "Seriously, I already have this one!"  Complete with eye roll.  (She's only 5 and we're trying to teach her to be more gracious, but I get it, it's disappointing to get a "new" toy only to discover it's something you already have.)  Oh well, it is what it is, I guess.  :shrug:

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2017, 01:46:33 PM »
Lego Blind Bags, but I fondle the heck out of the to figure out what's in them.

This is what I do as well.  Well... it's what I make my husband do 'cause he's so much better at deciphering the figure by touch.
I have a bunch of blind bag figures of Pearl from Steven Universe.  I got them all on the first try by taking the hubby with me and making him feel the bags. LOL