collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 10
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Anxiety/Depression Support Thread  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
Re: Anxiety/Depression Support Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2017, 11:25:16 AM »
Thank you guys so much <3 Last night I was feeling pretty bad but I think I'm getting better now. I do have a couple of doctors I talk to, and next time I go to my doctor that prescribes my medications I'm going to tell him about my trouble controlling my impulsive thoughts and see if there's anything that he can give me so that I feel like I'm not fighting against myself all the time. My other doctor who diagnosed me with the ADD says that being impulsive and not thinking things through is a symptom of ADD, but I'm sorta in limbo with medication for that right now since the medication I just tried didn't seem to be helping and made my mood terrible, so we need to find a good dose for me or see if there's something else I can take that can help.

I'm really sorry to hear about the medication issues--I had a lot of trouble finding a combination that worked for me. :( And I know what you mean about "fighting against yourself" all the time... I often feel like I'm constantly fending off negative moods and feelings. All I can tell you is that things have gotten easier as I've gotten older and learned healthier ways of dealing with my illnesses. It may be cliche, but hang in there! :hug:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 14, 2017, 10:40:22 AM »
I don't know if anyone else takes Xanax, but if anyone does (or did) have you ever blacked out after taking it? I don't get full anxiety attacks very often anymore since the medicine combo I'm on (Zoloft and Wellbutrin) seems to work pretty well, but I still know when one is coming on, and when it is, I take a Xanax. So yesterday while I was prepping some of my Pullip dolls for their faceups, I started feeling the anxiety building up. Normally, they're brought on my stress or social situations, but sometimes just come on for no reason. Anyway, I took just 1 pill (1mg) and went back to getting my supplies together to start on my first doll. Once I did that, I remember finding something on TV to have on in the background while working, but after that, the next thing I remember is waking up on my bed. I was lying diagonally across my bed with my head at the end where my feet normally are. I still had my hair pulled up and I didn't have a pillow. I never go to sleep without taking my hair down. Even for a nap. I also don't sleep without at least one of my pillows. So clearly I wasn't intending to sleep. But the fact I don't remember how I got on my bed really bugs me. And right now I'm in between doctors since my normal doctor (the one that prescribed my current meds) was dropped by my insurance and because I was only notified at the last minute, I haven't found a new doctor yet.

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #302 on: May 14, 2017, 11:08:50 AM »
I don't know if anyone else takes Xanax, but if anyone does (or did) have you ever blacked out after taking it? I don't get full anxiety attacks very often anymore since the medicine combo I'm on (Zoloft and Wellbutrin) seems to work pretty well, but I still know when one is coming on, and when it is, I take a Xanax. So yesterday while I was prepping some of my Pullip dolls for their faceups, I started feeling the anxiety building up. Normally, they're brought on my stress or social situations, but sometimes just come on for no reason. Anyway, I took just 1 pill (1mg) and went back to getting my supplies together to start on my first doll. Once I did that, I remember finding something on TV to have on in the background while working, but after that, the next thing I remember is waking up on my bed. I was lying diagonally across my bed with my head at the end where my feet normally are. I still had my hair pulled up and I didn't have a pillow. I never go to sleep without taking my hair down. Even for a nap. I also don't sleep without at least one of my pillows. So clearly I wasn't intending to sleep. But the fact I don't remember how I got on my bed really bugs me. And right now I'm in between doctors since my normal doctor (the one that prescribed my current meds) was dropped by my insurance and because I was only notified at the last minute, I haven't found a new doctor yet.

I don't take Xanax myself, but I have friends who do and they've never experienced this. A quick Google search suggests that Xanax blackouts are a thing that happens to people though. Especially if paired with alcohol, but without alcohol as well. I hope you can talk to a doctor about it soon though. :/

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
I'll have to look into it then. I definitely wasn't drinking. I used to when I was a teenager, but haven't touched any alcohol in years. It's just kind of weird that this was the first time it happened, because I've been taking it for 2 years now. The only difference is I take it less often now.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Absolutely Abbeylicious
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Pet Collector
  • 100% Good Accented Rottish Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2017, 06:40:26 AM »
I just really need a lot of hugs right now. I can't go into detail about what's happened lately (no-one's dead or on the street, nothing like that) but it's really just crushing me with how sudden the thing last night occured. I literally did nothing wrong, I don't understand the sudden vicious cruelty, I'm a bit of a mess   :sad:

I had a friend online supporting me as it unfolded, a (nice) family member helped calm me down, but it's still a big shock to the system. I hope everything just settles and I can find my feet ... it's hard enough with a wonky brain to deal with things, even harder with third-party attacks. I'm struggling to find meaning in life or a direction to go in, so everything is a bit confusing.

I'm sorry, I'll shut up now.

Avatar Credit : Wookylee | Sig Credit : Seahawk270

MLP Gameloft Friend Code : 52b33c6 | MLPArena Account : Lady Frostbite

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2017, 07:13:12 AM »
I just really need a lot of hugs right now. I can't go into detail about what's happened lately (no-one's dead or on the street, nothing like that) but it's really just crushing me with how sudden the thing last night occured. I literally did nothing wrong, I don't understand the sudden vicious cruelty, I'm a bit of a mess   :sad:

I had a friend online supporting me as it unfolded, a (nice) family member helped calm me down, but it's still a big shock to the system. I hope everything just settles and I can find my feet ... it's hard enough with a wonky brain to deal with things, even harder with third-party attacks. I'm struggling to find meaning in life or a direction to go in, so everything is a bit confusing.

No need to apologize. I hope everything calms down, and I'm sorry that you had to deal with negativity aimed at you in the first place. :( We're here for you. :hug:

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2017, 07:52:16 AM »

Like Writtenhuman said, there's no need to apologize! If you need to talk, I'll listen. :hug: It sucks that that happened to you. :(