collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

May 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Toys from your childhood.  (Read 1454 times)

Offline desdisques

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Fashion Pack
  • Tall doll lover
    • View Profile
    • Dollulus
Toys from your childhood.
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:23:18 PM »
Are there any toys from your childhood that you still have? Let's play show and tell! I'll start.

This series (Yum Yums) were scented, and the amazing thing is that she still faintly has the smell in her ears. That smell takes me back to my childhood! I specifically remember taking her with me when my uncle and his fiance took me to see Beauty and The Beast in the movie theater.

Offline CoolCoxi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bad Box Hair
  • The Coolest Coxi
    • View Profile
Re: Toys from your childhood.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 11:55:53 AM »
I still sleep with my Lucy every night. She was my mom's before she gave her to me. So she's very sacred to my mom and my grandma. She's starting to smell a little funny, but I'm too scared to mess her up in the washer.

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:50:43 PM »
I've had my teddy bear Claire Bear (Little me was so imaginative with names) for over 20 years. I took her with me EVERYWHERE, slept with her every night, the whole nine yards. My dog liked to come after her and chew her head off frequently, but my mom would fix her up every time, but her head's on sideways now. :P She's still kicking though, and she's on one of my doll shelves. <3

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »
I have a stuffed bear named BearBear that I got second hand when I was two and that I loved ever since. When I was a little older I saved up and got a Tolly Girl (who only has one leg now unfortunately) and she's "married" to BearBear. So I'll never get rid of them. :P

My icon is one of my old toys that I actually still collect/display. It's my Onyx Trollz doll. I have a couple other Trollz from when I was younger, and some I've bought more recently.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot I changed my icon lol.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 08:40:14 AM by writtenhuman »

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »
SO many. I still have my Precious Moments rabbit that I used to cuddle at bedtime (I very creatively named her Supersoft because she's ... super soft), and I also still have all of my Littlest Pet Shops from when I was a kid. I used to buy them with birthday/holiday money, and my weekly allowance from doing chores. I saved up so much to buy them, and I'm proud of mini-me for having kept them in such good shape. LOL

I also recently found a bunch of old childhood toys when I was home cleaning out my folks' place to help my dad, including: Mini Treasure Trolls, My Little Pony Petites, a bunch of random 90s-era fad toys (Skydancers, Tamagotchi/Digipets, all kinds of random toys with key gimmicks), and my Polly Pockets.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline taffeta

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 12:26:32 PM »
Aside from my 68 My Little Ponies (the big toy for me from my childhood and still my big deal collection), I remember I had a little poseable Care Bear lamb - is it Gentle Heart? I only ever had her, no others, and she came in a christmas stocking. My sister had some other carebear stuff, but I didn't. I know I had a small glo friend, as well, and a transformer which was brown and beige but I don't remember what it was.

I had two of the little kittens that have balls in their heads so they purr when you stroke them. I had a set of Ghostbuster figures (the ones with the fright features, though Winston's arm got broken by a well meaning parent!) I had a set of quints, but I don't know why, because I didn't really like dolls, especially blond ones. I had one barbie. She was one who had a pink suit and white hat and it reversed to an evening outfit including a sparkly leotard. I called her Leona, but mostly her stuff got taken for the ponies to play with.

I had a giant bear called Len Bear and a giant elephant called Jumbo. No idea where they came from, but I know I had Len Bear really young. I also had a very oddly shaped stuffed lamb called Lamby - I was so original as a small child. I had a wind up Thomas the Tank Engine railway, and I accidentally ran Thomas off the dining table when I was four so my parents had to send for a new face for him and he always had broken buffers after that. When I was a bit older I had an electric railway, with a black tank engine called Jinty and a smaller blue one called Bluebird.

What else do I remember. I never had Jem or Shera or Heman or any of those things. And I really didn't like dolls so didn't have many, although I think I did have a crawling doll at one point. Oh, and two of those dolls with the hair that grew. I have no idea what they were called, but mine were Holly (she had ice skates and was blond) and Polly (she had red hair, she was my favourite).

And of course, I had Red and Mokey fraggle. Who were almost as important to me as a small kid as my ponies :) We have a lot of photos from when I was small with one or other of them in the background. Mokey was my favourite, even then.

I don't have pictures because anything I still have is in the attic. Except for my ponies. My first one of those was the Rainbow Pony, Windy.
我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »
I had a giant bear called Len Bear and a giant elephant called Jumbo. No idea where they came from, but I know I had Len Bear really young. I also had a very oddly shaped stuffed lamb called Lamby - I was so original as a small child. I had a wind up Thomas the Tank Engine railway, and I accidentally ran Thomas off the dining table when I was four so my parents had to send for a new face for him and he always had broken buffers after that. When I was a bit older I had an electric railway, with a black tank engine called Jinty and a smaller blue one called Bluebird.

Aren't we all? I did similar things when naming. The kid across the street ran a lot in his front yard. I didn't know his name, so I called him Runny. My brother made fun of me for that one for yeeeeears.

But I, too, had a stuffed Lamby, and my favourite plush animal to sleep with was "super soft" so that was her name, Supersoft.

Offline lucifercrossing

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • lucifercrossing tumblr
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 05:21:46 PM »
god, I wish I still had them, but my sister and I had SO MANY polly pockets.. the ones with the "rubber" clothes. I remember getting the jet for christmas one year, I loved it. we had the mall as well, and a few other playsets. good times!  ^.^

Offline Scarlett

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 01:47:10 AM »
I'll try to remember to take a photo of my childhood bear - like others, I was Very Imaginative in calling him Teddy  :biggrin:

He's so loved that he's got barely any fur left, his eyes have been replaced, and my mum had to sew him a skivvy (long sleeved shirt) at some point that's permanently attached so his stuffing doesn't fall out.
When I moved in with my now-husband, he was the first thing I unpacked - he's now sitting on my bedside table in pride of place.

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 04:04:55 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have any childhood toys...our home burned when I was around 19. Thankfully our family photos survived. I DO have a few drawings that survived, plus some horse calendars with gorgeous paintings that I loved, and a couple books.

Thankfully I'd boxed up my extensive Breyer/Marx/misc horse model collection (around 40) and they were in the shed and not burned, but a few years later I gave them to the little neighbor girl that I taught how to ride. Wish I had those now. My first Breyer was a sorrel or palomino Arabian that I called Ginger.

I grew up in the 60s/70s, and had 70s Barbie gear. The orange & yellow Country Camper! That was a favorite. Also I had the Marx stuff, got the covered wagon one year for Xmas, it came with a reddish colored horse I called Cinnamon.

My very first toy was a little plushie called Fuzzy Wuzzy. He's no longer around, but we have a funny pic from our first meeting, in which it looks like I'm about to punch him. Good old Fuzzy was pretty threadbare there at the end.
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 08:58:56 AM »
I have some of my childhood toys but not all.

Rather than fill up a post with pics, I have a Flickr album of my childhood Barbies, for anyone interested:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43193008@N00/albums/72157622952464721

I also went thru a "tomboy" phase and at one time I had a bunch of Mego superhero and villain figures, the 8 inch ones...then one day while cleaning my room I threw them out, unaware of what I was doing.  I am still kicking myself for that.

In addition to childhood toys, I also had a small collection of Dawn dolls, which (of course) has grown since then.

Post Merge: May 11, 2017, 09:00:39 AM

I grew up in the 60s/70s, and had 70s Barbie gear. The orange & yellow Country Camper! That was a favorite.

I had that too!  I got that for Christmas along with the Malibu dolls and some homemade clothes from my grandmother.  I played with it so much the wheels fell off, LOL!  Eventually I bought another one on eBay.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:00:39 AM by Wuvmykitties »
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline DogMom

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ha! One of those Country Campers is the start of my MH/EAH/adult collector phase!! My sister had wanted one of the TokiDoki tattooed Barbies a few years ago, but they were all sold out, so we made her one (thrift store Barbie, Sharpie tattoos). Sometime after that, I found a TLC Country Camper someone put out in the alley, and lugged it home thinking I'd rehab it somehow. I started thinking about how much I enjoyed dolls as a kid, and decided to keep the camper, and then decided I'd need to have a Barbie to inhabit itů.and down the rabbithole we went!! The camper is still in need of rehab, lol. BUT! I did also find some new wheels for it somewhere. Just need to clean it and put it all together and 'creatify' it.

I also had Dawn dolls!

Thanks for your Barbie link - gonna go look now.
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »
The only toy I still have from my childhood is my Cabbage Patch Kid, Corrine. I've had her since I was a toddler. My grandparents got her for me for Christmas one year. At the time, they were crazy hard to get because demand way out-did supply. But luckily for me, my grandpa was the store manager at the Kmart near us, and my grandma was able to go in the back and pick out which one she wanted to get me before the rest were put out on the shelves. She's in kind of rough shape, but she was really special to me, especially since my grandma picked her out. She ended up dying from breast cancer when I was four.

I wish I had been able to keep my MLPs from childhood, but they were all set on fire by my dad (long, sad story) and at that point, they were no longer making the G1s, so I couldn't get replacements for them. Besides my MLPs and my Cabbage Patch Kid, my favorite toys from childhood were Barbies, Quints, Magic Nursery Babies and PJ Sparkles.

Offline AnnetheCatDetective

• Voltageous
  • Needs More Cat
    • View Profile
    • The Cabaret Outside of Time and Space (aka my doll blog)
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 02:48:50 AM »
I have a few, but Pinky Bows is the most important-- she's a Pound Purry tuxedo kitten, who... originally came with a pink bow around her neck. I mean, I was three years old tops when I named her, so... But anyway, yes. She's now kind of grey-on-grey instead of black and white, her nose is a completely different color, her whiskers have been loved off, and half of the paint has come off her eyes... In other words, she has become Real.
Love is all you need to destroy your enemies.