collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: New to everything!  (Read 442 times)

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scary Cute
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
New to everything!
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:42:40 PM »
Hi there! Call me Simply! I figured it would be a good idea to register for the site instead of lurking forever, so here I am! I'm not so great at the introductions, so I'll just go off the one given in the sticky.

I'm 25 years old and born and raised in California, though as of last November, my visa to move to Sweden to live with my fiancÚ is approved, so I'm slowly but surely working on the move. Currently I volunteer as a moderator for another site and I work in tech support for security cameras, thermostats, and smoke detectors, though once I move and finish my language courses, I'd like to go back to school (I have an AS in Sociology). As of right now, friends and family are the most important people in my life, and that includes pets! I have two cats of my own (black girl named Pandora and black and white mediumhaired boy named Faust), my mom has two Papillons (Dangle and Trixie), and my dad has a black lab (Max). Love them all to death.

As far as dolls go, I'm pretty new to collecting. The woman who lives with my grandpa would collect Barbies and gift me some of the collector ones (I have Legally Blonde, See's Candies, Swan Lake, and Hollywood Premiere), and when I was getting rid of my childhood toys, I couldn't let go of my Generation Girls Mariko doll, however I never considered myself a collector. Last summer, I saw some repaints and thought they were gorgeous, and being in a bit of an art slump and only really liking to draw faces anyways, I thought it would be a perfect hobby to pick up. A good time too, since Target had a huge selection of clearance and I rarely paid over $8 for a doll. Unfortunately, life has had ups and downs since, so while I have the materials and I've had some practice with removing faces and hair, I have not yet done a repaint. Currently have a wiped Lagoona (Dance Class if I remember correctly), and I removed the hair from a Mouscedes and Avea for a friend (she loves the centaur BJDs but couldn't afford them, and wants to mod Mouscedes into a bear since she's a fan of Monokuma).

I love the Monster High dolls, I've always been a fan of creepy things, and the fact that the dolls have such different face molds intrigued me - it was a perfect match! They're all so gorgeous! My collection is a bit out of control since I wanted to have plenty of dolls to experiment with, it's probably in the 200-300 range! I couldn't pick a favorite, but whenever I see a Ghoulia, Catrine, Skelita, Operetta, or Peri and Pearl, I won't hesitate to snatch it up (fingers crossed for more Ghoulias, they can't get rid of her!). Admittedly not a fan of the reboot faces, but I have plenty of the original dolls to last me a while!

That went a lot longer than I expected, but feel free to ask me any questions! I'm flying to Colorado for a week trip with my friends (even doing a doll exchange with the one mentioned above; she snatched up Posea and Kala at Five Below for me!) so it may be a while before I can respond again. Looking forward to being a member of this community!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:57:56 AM by Simply Indescribable »

Offline ElsaIcySnowflake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • one with the wind and sky...
Re: New to everything!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
Hi and welcome! I'd love to see pics of your Posea:)
MH: Signature Rochelle, 17" Elissabat, Kjersti, SRM Lagoona, Cleo, 17" Gooliope
EAH: Crystal Winter, Foxanne, WTW Kitty Cheshire

~ElsaIcySnowflake :)
My blog: http://dollsdisneyrollercoasters.blogspot.com/

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:19:54 PM »
Welcome, such a fun way to start collecting by getting interested in customs immediately
Some custom face up are so incrediavle makes the face look aloce.'if I attempted a face up it would look like a 5 old tried :cry:

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 12:30:34 AM »
Hi and welcome! I'd love to see pics of your Posea:)
Hi and thanks! We just got to the hotel and did all our gift exchanges so I got all the dolls set up for a quick photo. She managed to grab multiples, but kept a Posea and Kala for herself. She's a bit interested in modding MLP dolls, so I'm trying to convince her to join once she starts getting creative!
https://imgur.com/a/7AFWx
Hopefully this link works!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time doll enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 10:03:12 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, Simply!

I'm so glad that you joined us!  And I can't wait to see all of your beautiful dolls and get to know you better! :D
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline ebmerc

• Champion of Love and Justice
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:07:20 AM »
Welcome to the MHA Simply! Your collection sounds like mine XD I feel like I'm swimming in dolls lately! I'd love to see your collection!

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, Simply!

I'm so glad that you joined us!  And I can't wait to see all of your beautiful dolls and get to know you better! :D
Thank you, looking forward to it as well!

Welcome to the MHA Simply! Your collection sounds like mine XD I feel like I'm swimming in dolls lately! I'd love to see your collection!
I don't have any personal photos of them but I did add them all to my Pinterest for when I feel comfortable enough to take commissions people can see what's available.