collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Hello everyone! Currently playing catch up with MH.  (Read 376 times)

Offline Dia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! Currently playing catch up with MH.
« on: February 11, 2017, 08:55:35 PM »
Hello everyone! I started collecting Monster High dolls way back when wave one was released! I was about fifteen then, so "too old" to be playing with dolls but I never really gave up collecting them. I continued to collect and I believe I collected all of Gloom Beach and Dawn of the Dance, but for some reason lost interest. I got back into collecting when Scaris was the current movie line, and sold off my older dolls and decided to only collect Lagoona, Abbey, and Rochelle dolls. Once again, I stopped staying current with new dolls and collecting them up until now. About a year ago I saw the news that Monster High was getting a reboot while scrolling through Tumblr and made note of it even though I wasn't currently collecting then.

Fast forward to this past week, and I decided to check out what was current with Monster High and I got sucked right back in! I'm not the biggest fan of the reboot faces, but it's not enough to stop me from buying the dolls I like. My tastes have changed a bit since I was a teenager, and I've decided to focus on collecting Cleo and Jinafire dolls. These two specifically because I love Cleo's type of character, and I find their color palettes and Egyptian and Chinese themes very appealing. I'm trying to take it slow and not buy too much at first, but I did order the signature Cleo and Jinafire minis because they are so darned cute. I also have my eye on a wave one Cleo and signature Nefera, but otherwise I'll see where it takes me from there. Luckily I have disposable income now unlike when I was a teenager, so collecting should be much easier and more enjoyable for me now. I'm also trying to catch up on the webisodes I missed while I was out of the fandom.

Currently I'm a sophmore in college, and besides dolls I also collect anime figures. When I'm not studying for school or working, I enjoy antiquing and going to museums or reading history books.

Anyways, I'm very happy to have found this little place and love how mature everyone seems here. I can be a bit of lurker by nature, but I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!  :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:49:02 PM by Dia »

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone! Currently playing catch up with MH.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 05:42:31 PM »
Welcome,

For me I get really into collecting and looking for things then I taper off then I start again. But I keep my core collections.

Nefera is my favourite doll, so can't do wrong with her in my opinion

Offline Dia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 07:15:55 PM »
Welcome,

For me I get really into collecting and looking for things then I taper off then I start again. But I keep my core collections.

Yes I am the same way! I always cycle through the same lines to collect, my interest just wanes so I take them down from their displays while I focus on a different part of my collection.

I just won a signature mint Nefera doll yesterday for $29, so I'm looking forward to getting her. I have never owned a MH doll with the big sister body yet, so I'm excited to see the size difference in person.  :)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:29:41 AM »
Welcome,

Yes I am the same way! I always cycle through the same lines to collect, my interest just wanes so I take them down from their displays while I focus on a different part of my collection.

I just won a signature mint Nefera doll yesterday for $29, so I'm looking forward to getting her. I have never owned a MH doll with the big sister body yet, so I'm excited to see the size difference in person.  :)

Oh that is a good price, she was more when I got my doll from another collector a couple years ago

Offline ebmerc

• Champion of Love and Justice
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 09:24:31 AM »
Welcome to the Arena Dia! I hope you've been enjoying Nefera! You got her for a great price and she's absolutely gorgeous <3 What anime figures do you collect?