collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Rhana's Macabre Projects  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
Rhana's Macabre Projects
« on: January 02, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »
Wiee, customs! XD
I do dolls and ponies, as seen below...

My sister had a little too fun with Maddie's (Rapunzel's) head and Kisscurl's body. xD It sorta looks like something from Sid's room, you know, from Toy Story.

So! My latest project is turning this I<3F Iris into her SDCC Counterpart. She was the only one left at TRU, and despite that I have her already, what's some extra clothes and accessories? ;) Her lower lip a bit chipped, I'd think that's why she was all alone.
 I need to;
 - Remove the pink streaks
- Find her green and brown colors for a small reroot
- Boilwash, style and cut the hair
- Repaint lips and eyeshadow
- Make her signature outfit

In the box
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Freed!

First comb through. I took out her ponytail and the little braid, used the brush she came with, which I never do otherwise, as they are really bad. I normally use a detangling brush for dolls and ponies.

Pink streaks!

I gave her some clothes that are easy to remove once I get to the cutting and rerooting process. She's now sitting on my desk.

Any and all help is appreciated! I know how to re-root and repaint, as well as seal. :)

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
Re: Rhana's Macabre Projects
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 08:36:27 AM »
Ok, I should be called the Impatient One. xD
I had this extra sig Frankie (2nd or 3rd release) that I've wanted to do something with. At first, I just wanted to reroot her with yarn, but I got another idea! Her hair was super icky and her upper lips had a small smudge.
She's perfect for testing out my experiment on. I am going to spray paint her black. She's gonna be a bat/spider crossover. :D

Prepping her head to be removed. This process is always the most tense one for me - I am scared to break off the pegs - but it came off in one tug. :D

Why does this hairdo makes me think of Miley Cyrus? XD Well, almost all dehaired! She's gonna get a wig instead of rerooting, so that'll be tomorrow's project. :)

Blurry, but done! Dehairing takes a lot less time now that I've done it to a few dolls a lot of ponies. :D
I also removed all the factory paint, the stitches and her bolts.

Guck that was in her head. Euuuuw!

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
Re: Rhana's Macabre Projects - Repaints!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
Yey, I finally got around to finishing up these repaints!

A whole lot of shoes and a helmet. :) What do you think?
Shoes are fakie Apple Sig, 13W Frankie, fakie Raven LD, fakie Webarella, BYBY Gala Ghouls Luna, fakie FF Frankieretta, fakie Inner Monster Spooky Sweet & Frightfully Fierce, Scaris Clawdeen, fakie EAH sig Cupid, fakie sig Lizzie, FCA Elissabat, EG Sunset Shimmer Rainbow Rocks, fakie Abbey Geek Shriek and New Scaremester Jinafire.
Dunno what the purple ones with moons are from.

The helmet is SKRM Frankie.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 09:57:53 PM »
So much more dimension/interest with painted footwear!

Looking forward to your bat/spider creature!
Lisa
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 03:50:59 PM »
My Lagoona that needs a new face. I hope the weather gets warmer, so I can use my Varnish. It's now around 2-5 Celsius... And I need to order some water color pencils. xD

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 09:53:21 AM »
The weather has been lovely this weekend, and I was finally able to finish the castle I've been working on, as well as spray Batty's body. Those darn joints though! >.< Alas, I will have to fix them some other day, she's mainly done now. Also made a wig for the first time - it was really fun! :D She used to be a Frankie, can you tell? XD I am not sure what to use for the wings, I like the idea of the spider element on them, but those wings/legs just sit like a harness on the doll.
Also, anyone have and experience with painting black dolls?
Until next time! :D <3

Offline Myrcury

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Official Candy Ghoul (says Dfotw!) <3
    • View Profile
    • Myrcury's Toybox
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »
Anxious to see how spider lady turns out, cuz that wig is rad!! :D Are you gonna use the pink spider leg attachment/harness doohicker as a framework for the wings?

My Sales *** My Trades *** My Wishlist

I'm a fabric hoarder! Need fabric for making doll clothes? PM me, maybe I can help! :)

Offline TheQueenofKawaii

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
    • TQoK Studio
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 04:54:41 AM »
My Lagoona that needs a new face. I hope the weather gets warmer, so I can use my Varnish. It's now around 2-5 Celsius... And I need to order some water color pencils. xD

I feel for you, currently we're experiencing (converts temperature from F to C)  -1.7 C in my area. 

However, I am loving what you've done so far.  :D I can't wait to see updates on your dolls!
Check out my etsy shop for cute custom doll outfits.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TQoKStudio

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 05:42:54 AM »
The weather has been lovely this weekend, and I was finally able to finish the castle I've been working on, as well as spray Batty's body. Those darn joints though! >.< Alas, I will have to fix them some other day, she's mainly done now. Also made a wig for the first time - it was really fun! :D She used to be a Frankie, can you tell? XD I am not sure what to use for the wings, I like the idea of the spider element on them, but those wings/legs just sit like a harness on the doll.

I guess I forgot to click 'Post' on my post! lol

What castle did you finish? Any pics?

Do you have any WIP pics of that wig? That's seriously awesome! What fiber did you use? What did you use for a wig cap?

What is the spider/scorpion/insect harness from? And what did you use to paint her all black?

Looking good! I'm curious how your bat wings will turn out!
Lisa

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 05:48:18 PM »
If you're using varnish to seal instead of sprays like MSC, you should be pretty okay to work on black. The sprays tend to fog up on darker toned vinyl (I've had that problem myself), but brush-on sealants seem to manage it better!

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 07:13:50 AM »
Anxious to see how spider lady turns out, cuz that wig is rad!! :D Are you gonna use the pink spider leg attachment/harness doohicker as a framework for the wings?

Thank you! :D I looove that wig so much, but that yarn is hard to come by. :/ I've made a dolly rag/hammock out of it once, haha.
I am not too sure on how to use the harness, since I can leave it as is, with some adjustments, or I can experiment and drill a hole in her back and add homemade wings/modified cam wings.

I feel for you, currently we're experiencing (converts temperature from F to C)  -1.7 C in my area. 

However, I am loving what you've done so far.  :D I can't wait to see updates on your dolls!

Uh, I haven't done anything to this doll... She looked like this when she came.

I guess I forgot to click 'Post' on my post! lol

What castle did you finish? Any pics?

Do you have any WIP pics of that wig? That's seriously awesome! What fiber did you use? What did you use for a wig cap?

What is the spider/scorpion/insect harness from? And what did you use to paint her all black?

Looking good! I'm curious how your bat wings will turn out!
Lisa

It was this Barbie castle. It's all black now, almost. I left some silver details! XD I will take a photo soon!
It was sun bleached and over all needed a ew look. Came with the bed and elevator, as well as the door. :) Missing the top tower though. :P

No, I don't have any wips, nor do I know what type of yarn it is, only that it's not acrylic. I used regular, white fabric for the wigcap, and just glued on the yarnstrands.

The harness is from an Inner Monster https://mh-merch.com/dolls/name/fangtastic-love-&-fearfully-feisty/ and the paint I used is this hobby paint http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bilvard/Farg-och-Lack/Hobbyfarg-2000023797/ It says it's for cars, but it's working on plastic and wood too! I've used gold on a small chest. Things you do when you can't invest in an airbrush. xD I also sealed the doll with this http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/purity-seal-satin-varnish-spray which is what I use instead of MSC.

If you're using varnish to seal instead of sprays like MSC, you should be pretty okay to work on black. The sprays tend to fog up on darker toned vinyl (I've had that problem myself), but brush-on sealants seem to manage it better!
Thank you for the tip! :D I am just excited to start on her face, but I am nut sure if I should make her have white eyelashes or if I will make some eyeshadow first and then add the lashes. ^^;
This is the sealer I am using. http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/purity-seal-satin-varnish-spray

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 10:21:14 AM »
That Barbie castle is great, would love to see pics of your changes!

Thanks for the links, very helpful!!
Lisa

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 06:35:38 AM »
Guess who finally got their lazy bum to the basement and took photos of the castle? Me! :D
It's folded, I didn't unfold it to take any photos this time, but the black is solid all over.
Of course, I didn't spray some undersides, because they won't be visible when on display. :3
It's also a little hard to spray inside the elevator shack, due to not reaching every corner and crook.

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 07:56:01 AM »
Rhana, super-groovy castle! Looks clawsome as a Black Castle, Mwah-ha-haaa!!!

Thank you for the pics!

I recently lucked into a Disney mini castle at a thrift store, it's a perfect size for MH Minis.

Lisa

It was sun bleached and over all needed a ew look. Came with the bed and elevator, as well as the door. :) Missing the top tower though. :P

The harness is from an Inner Monster https://mh-merch.com/dolls/name/fangtastic-love-&-fearfully-feisty/ and the paint I used is this hobby paint http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bilvard/Farg-och-Lack/Hobbyfarg-2000023797/ It says it's for cars, but it's working on plastic and wood too! I've used gold on a small chest. Things you do when you can't invest in an airbrush. xD I also sealed the doll with this http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/purity-seal-satin-varnish-spray which is what I use instead of MSC.

This is the sealer I am using. http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/purity-seal-satin-varnish-spray

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:49:50 PM by DogMom »

Offline Sirenamber

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Oooh shiny pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 01:53:37 PM »
Oh rad! I'm excited to see your projects progress. Are you going to use fabric on the wing structure to make it more batlike? Is that wing harness thing posable? Looks cool.

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 03:25:23 AM »
Rhana, super-groovy castle! Looks clawsome as a Black Castle, Mwah-ha-haaa!!!

Thank you for the pics!

I recently lucked into a Disney mini castle at a thrift store, it's a perfect size for MH Minis.

Lisa

Oh, yey! I myself found a mini castle, perfect for Petite Ponies. :) Or MH Minis, but we don't have those here in Sweden. :(

Oh rad! I'm excited to see your projects progress. Are you going to use fabric on the wing structure to make it more batlike? Is that wing harness thing posable? Looks cool.

I was thinking of it, but I might have to clean her paint off and redo her body with pastels. >-< She's very sticky on her head. It is poseable, yes.

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 02:30:11 PM »
Welcome back! Looking forward to more Macabre Projects!

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 03:09:53 PM »
And I went awol again. xD Been moving, but will try and get this thread going again!

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »
I am baaack!
Okay, so I picked up this Barbie a few weeks back, her all chopped of and looking like a mess, which was a shame, since she's an 80 or 90's Barbie, and I collect those.
Anyway, I wanted to try rooting her with yarn, but I untwisted the yarn, each strand were made of three pieces, and so on. I won't brush it out, but I loooove her hair. The texture if soft and floofy. I've given her one glue round, will do another to make sure all of the strands are in place. This re-root was made during a total of 10-12 hours. A bit long, I guess, but I also had to prepare the strands, which took some time.
Yes, it's 100% acrylic yarn, I use nothing else on wigs and dolls. ^^

Progress shots

Done!
IMG_20170922_204035_985 by Zetsu Plays, on Flickr

I've also started on my Queen Chrysalis Custom, which I am using a BYBY Catty for. This yarn is not untwisted, so it's a little more challenging to get on the rerooting tool. xD But it's so therapeutic to reroot, ahh. <3

This is the process I've made tonight, I think she's looking quite dapper! I do like the dreads look on her, I might keep it like that, tbh.
20170923_004453 by Zetsu Plays, on Flickr

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Fashion Pack
  • hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »
Use tweezers. First use one of them to make a bigger hole then push it in!
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html