collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 57
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Family Sets and the Clawd/Clawdeen 2 pack  (Read 61289 times)

Offline Claire85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
Re: Family Sets
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2017, 05:14:32 PM »
My question is... why not just introduce her (La La's sister) for WTMH?

Did they not have this line in mind when doing the reboot from the beginning?

They can't just have been like "Oh yeah, what if Lala had a sister too? Even though we just put out
this brand new movie and doll line."

That just seems like poor business..

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• Create a Monster
  • Leader off the Jigglypuff
    • View Profile
Re: Family Sets
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2017, 06:36:51 PM »
My question is... why not just introduce her (La La's sister) for WTMH?

Did they not have this line in mind when doing the reboot from the beginning?

They can't just have been like "Oh yeah, what if Lala had a sister too? Even though we just put out
this brand new movie and doll line."

That just seems like poor business..

This is exactly what I mean! Lala and Dracula were clearly living alone in a huge house and were the only two inside until Clawdeen and her family and Frankie came along. Lagoona gets a pass for unknown siblings until GSR because she never really discussed about her life there so we never knew what her life was like before transferring to MH.
Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck inside a sewer.
Helga: Gee, I don't know. When you think about it, is there really any sewer bigger than the world of professional modeling?
~Oblongs

Offline Chelsey

• Bad Box Hair
    • View Profile
New Clawdeen and... Clawd?
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2017, 09:58:35 AM »
Have these been posted yet? I just saw these images on tumblr.

From here

They're definitely reboot... so Clawd is returning?

Merging with current discussion. Robina
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:07:59 AM by Robina »

Offline skirracorvus

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
Re: Family Sets and the Clawd/Clawdeen 2 pack
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2017, 10:40:18 PM »
I thought I was safe from buying a lot of dolls during this reboot but nooooo that Clawd pack looks awesome!! Football uniform! I've been using a helmet from a jawbreaker candy at Dollar Tree haha

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2017, 09:30:36 AM »
At first I wasn't fond of what they'd done to Clawdeen's face paint with the reboot, she had a sort of worried/scared look to her. But Electrified and now this Clawdeen both have that sassy look that I love. I think they're getting better with her. :)

Offline cometcrystal

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
  • Queen of my heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2017, 01:11:20 PM »
I'm not a fan of these family sets at ALL. I'm alright with Lagoona and Clawdeen's sets for the most part; even though I don't really like the younger dolls, at least they have siblings in canon. And I'm more ready to accept Clawdeen having brand new siblings because, in the media, she has many that we have never seen before. But Draculaura's is just ridiculous. Everything in canon, pre-reboot and reboot, has established that she is an only child.

However, I'm in love with the Clawdeen+Clawd 2 pack! I think it's part of that new sports line with Frankie and Venus. I think they both look amazing and I'm definitely getting it.

Offline Heyheymandakay

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
  • ~Venus McFlytrap~
    • View Profile
    • Pinkie Couture: The Salon I Work At
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2017, 01:32:30 PM »
I'm not a fan of these family sets at ALL. I'm alright with Lagoona and Clawdeen's sets for the most part; even though I don't really like the younger dolls, at least they have siblings in canon. And I'm more ready to accept Clawdeen having brand new siblings because, in the media, she has many that we have never seen before. But Draculaura's is just ridiculous. Everything in canon, pre-reboot and reboot, has established that she is an only child.

However, I'm in love with the Clawdeen+Clawd 2 pack! I think it's part of that new sports line with Frankie and Venus. I think they both look amazing and I'm definitely getting it.

So there's a new sports line with Frankie and Venus?! That gets me excited!! I love the ghoul sports line with Spectra, Clawdeen and Toralei!! Any word on which sports they'll be showcasing and or more photos?!
-Manda Kay

Offline cometcrystal

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
  • Queen of my heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »
So there's a new sports line with Frankie and Venus?! That gets me excited!! I love the ghoul sports line with Spectra, Clawdeen and Toralei!! Any word on which sports they'll be showcasing and or more photos?!

There is a thread about the line right here! :biggrin: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,13614.0.html

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »
Clawd and Clawdeen have been found in the wild: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPyXGzxFHwo/. Not sure where though.

Offline darkcatra25

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »
I was just able to order the set on Toys R Us ebay as Monster High Winning Werewolves Doll - Clawdeen Wolf and Clawd Wolf set.

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »
Dang, another case of an older sibling not receiving their younger sister's reboot upgrades.

Still need him, though.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2017, 06:56:03 PM »
That's really cute clawdeen art.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creeperific
  • Gallifrey Falls No More
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »
Feeling a little more optimistic after seeing this set. :) I might have to buy the little siblings, though, even if they're not articulated.

And if anybody buys this Clawd just to rebody the head, I'd be interested in the G2 body. Teen-sized *boy* dolls of color are almost impossible to find!
just visiting this planet!
(Phl. 3:20)
>^..^<

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2017, 02:49:57 PM »
So Clawd doesn't have molded-on fur after all? It's kind of weird, since it was mentioned in sig Clawdeen's diary that she has to spend a lot of time shaving, and after reboot she's all furry, but her brother isn't... I don't mind furry limbs, I like them about the same as I do non-furry ones, but a girl being all hairy while the boy of the same species is silky smooth makes it weird for me... Oh well, off with the stereotypes!
I'm really glad Clawd is alive and kicking!  :biggrin:

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2017, 02:53:04 PM »
Another weird thing about Clawd not having any fur is that his original bio states his freaky flaw is how much he sheds.

Honestly I think I know why Clawd doesn't have fur: it's because it would be a very specialized mold that they'd only get to use once in a blue moon. Clawdeen's mold gets multiple uses across 3 different characters, which makes her worth it. Meanwhile not only is Clawd a boy, which already limits his potential releases, but other than him there are no other furry guys in the MH cast. Think how long it took for Manny's body to get reused.

Deuce got a new body, but he doesn't have any details that can't be painted on. Gil did not get the new body, which could be because either they didn't want to scale up all his details, or because Shriekwrecked is obviously a leftover from G1. Even G1 ghouls with heavy amounts of detail tended to get neglected.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:15:22 PM by ReversedUser »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »
Wasn't it stated somewhere that the younger a werewolf is the more wolfy it is? Like maybe because Clawd is a year or 2 older he outgrew the extra fur tufts?
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2017, 04:53:16 PM »
I feel like I remember that too, but that's old canon...I have a feeling their physiology changed hardcore in G2.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2017, 11:06:33 PM »
I feel like I remember that too, but that's old canon...I have a feeling their physiology changed hardcore in G2.

Well considering the little sibling dolls are wolfier, especially the cub one, I think it's still a thing.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2017, 12:34:24 AM »
Wasn't it stated somewhere that the younger a werewolf is the more wolfy it is? Like maybe because Clawd is a year or 2 older he outgrew the extra fur tufts?
I think I'm gonna make this my headcanon, it makes sense and covers the "not-money-efficient" reason for using G1 mold.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• Create a Monster
  • Leader off the Jigglypuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2017, 04:13:20 AM »
Another weird thing about Clawd not having any fur is that his original bio states his freaky flaw is how much he sheds.

Honestly I think I know why Clawd doesn't have fur: it's because it would be a very specialized mold that they'd only get to use once in a blue moon. Clawdeen's mold gets multiple uses across 3 different characters, which makes her worth it. Meanwhile not only is Clawd a boy, which already limits his potential releases, but other than him there are no other furry guys in the MH cast. Think how long it took for Manny's body to get reused.

Deuce got a new body, but he doesn't have any details that can't be painted on. Gil did not get the new body, which could be because either they didn't want to scale up all his details, or because Shriekwrecked is obviously a leftover from G1. Even G1 ghouls with heavy amounts of detail tended to get neglected.

Except for Jinafire and Robecca. Jinafire has quite a few dolls for a side character and the same can be said of Robecca. They may have the typical body size but they do have highly detailed imprinted bodies. Plus Robecca tha the gears in the back of her legs.
Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck inside a sewer.
Helga: Gee, I don't know. When you think about it, is there really any sewer bigger than the world of professional modeling?
~Oblongs