collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Family Sets and the Clawd/Clawdeen 2 pack  (Read 28519 times)

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Re: Family Sets
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2016, 10:03:31 PM »
All of this and the other revealed upcoming lines feel very 'Barbie' but not in a good way.
I really dislike the idea of Draculaura having a sibling.
And regardless of what an official MH account on social media says Clawdeen's original siblings will most likely be axed, as Mattel in the end, is just another company. And much like Barbie, a franchise that frequently introduces core characters and SIBLINGS and then removes/replaces them to never be seen again, I can see the same happening with MH, regardless of what some 'official' account says.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:08:59 PM by mlly »

Offline Ocean

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2016, 11:35:47 PM »
I don't know how they're going to explain a new sister, who, up until now, has been entirely absent in person and mention in all MH canon. I mean, surely they would have introduced her before or at least hinted at her existence, but you can't just add in such a close relation without explanation. Cousins, maybe, and Viperine succeeded in that regard. But sisters? Unless there's an adoption/conversion thing going on here, I don't think they can pull it off.

In the reboot, they haven't mentioned what happened to Drac's mom, right? I don't even know if they clarified it in the pre-reboot. Sister could be with the mom. Divorced vampires...maybe it happens.

As for smaller dolls being too fragile for joints, I just really feel this is not the case... I think of things like the disney Animator minis having such great knees. I also think of how thin the pre-reboot MH dolls' arms and their  elbow and  wrist joints really are - small enough for a smaller doll, especially since children dolls are generally not as thin as adult (female) dolls, and I'd especially assume these kids wouldn't be as thin as original MH adults. I'm not asking for made-to-move barbie with she-ra's toes here, just some basic elbow and knee articulation so they can be positioned somewhat naturally in more than one position. Like seated without splayed legs.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2016, 01:23:33 AM »
I don't know how they're going to explain a new sister, who, up until now, has been entirely absent in person and mention in all MH canon. I mean, surely they would have introduced her before or at least hinted at her existence, but you can't just add in such a close relation without explanation. Cousins, maybe, and Viperine succeeded in that regard. But sisters? Unless there's an adoption/conversion thing going on here, I don't think they can pull it off.

In the reboot, they haven't mentioned what happened to Drac's mom, right? I don't even know if they clarified it in the pre-reboot. Sister could be with the mom. Divorced vampires...maybe it happens.

As for smaller dolls being too fragile for joints, I just really feel this is not the case... I think of things like the disney Animator minis having such great knees. I also think of how thin the pre-reboot MH dolls' arms and their  elbow and  wrist joints really are - small enough for a smaller doll, especially since children dolls are generally not as thin as adult (female) dolls, and I'd especially assume these kids wouldn't be as thin as original MH adults. I'm not asking for made-to-move barbie with she-ra's toes here, just some basic elbow and knee articulation so they can be positioned somewhat naturally in more than one position. Like seated without splayed legs.

Even the animator minis only have knees, not elbows. But tbh even more than elbows or knees I'd want ball and socket joints athe the hip rather than rotational.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2016, 07:28:11 AM »
It would be cute if they were like little "sisters" only in the sense of a mentor-type thing, as opposed to like actual relatives. I can see that working with Draculaura since neither she nor her sister have last names.

I like this idea! It'd be very cute.

All of this and the other revealed upcoming lines feel very 'Barbie' but not in a good way.
I really dislike the idea of Draculaura having a sibling.
And regardless of what an official MH account on social media says Clawdeen's original siblings will most likely be axed, as Mattel in the end, is just another company. And much like Barbie, a franchise that frequently introduces core characters and SIBLINGS and then removes/replaces them to never be seen again, I can see the same happening with MH, regardless of what some 'official' account says.

I was thinking this, too :s It does feel very Barbie-ish. Not that I have anything against Barbie, but I always liked how MH *didn't* just drop established characters at random..

Online Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2016, 07:32:29 AM »
Perhaps Fangelica is adopted.  And then is sent to boarding school, never to be seen again, re-aligning the reboot with the original Canon   :biggrin:

I'm very interested to see a little sibling body, hoping there are both boys and girls.  Figures that these would come out AFTER I finish my little brother-sized Gremlin custom...
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2016, 07:54:09 AM »

Preboot, Drac's mom Camilla was married to a Roman soldier, and her father adopted her and took her mom in as well, but Camilla died to the plague...so she's not alive in G1, but G2 might as well resurrect her, because why not?

Somebody really needs to talk to the Mattel executives about brand integrity. In G1, it felt like Garrett and the design team were making what they wanted to make, with no restrictions, but now things feel incredibly forced and almost unwilling on their part, given the things they have to do now.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time doll enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »

I completely agree.  Articulation in small scale is 100% doable; and the dolls and figures with full articulation are not always fragile or prone to breakage because of their size.

I mentioned them before, but look at Fairyland RealPukis, which stand under 4 inches tall.  They're articulation is unbelievable—that of a full-size BJD.  Wrists, ankles, double-jointed elbows and knees, femoral joints, hips and underbust...the whole shebang.  Now granted these are strung BJDs; but on the playline spectrum you have GI Joe and similar 1:18 scale action figures.  Again, 4 inches or under, and with articulated arms, legs, elbows and knees, waists, and sometimes underbust joints.  And these are meant for destructive little kid hands.

If these younger sibling dolls lack articulation (and they probably will), I don't think that it will have anything to do with Mattel being incapable of creating articulation in small scale that stands up to play, because that's already a thing.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:51:00 AM by SaelaVe »
:leaves: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :leaves:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »
What bugs me even more about these is not only the fact that they'll be smaller than Howleen and similar size dolls, but also they're creating new siblings out of the blue like with Lala's "sister".  If they could make a reboot Twyla, why couldn't they make a reboot Howleen?  Clawdeen's little brothers are how old...2 or 3? 5?  So now we're going to just skip over Howleen and similar tween dolls and make smaller toddler age dolls instead?  Don't little girls like tween dolls like Howleen? Way to smack your consumer base in the mouth, Mattel.
(Incidentally, I do think some girls like them, as I gave some of my MH dolls to a 9 year old & 7 y.o.  The 7 year old immediately grabbed and clung to Howleen.  She just loved her.)

I foresee lots of frou frou and pink in this line... :(
(Hope I am wrong)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:16:44 AM by Wuvmykitties »
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »
I'm very interested to see a little sibling body, hoping there are both boys and girls.  Figures that these would come out AFTER I finish my little brother-sized Gremlin custom...
Clawdeen's description only uses "siblings" instead of "sister" like the other descriptions.
And also lacks names like the other ones...

The lack of names make me half - hope for two things:
1) That one of the siblings is a reimagined Howleen. (And she "grows up" later in the line)
2) That Clawdeen is packaged with random siblings. Some packs have two girls, some two boys, some a boy and a girl, etc. She has like a hundred siblings so making something like that wouldn't be hard. (If this happens, I do hope that they at least change something of Clawdeen to make each version more unique, like if she has two girls she wears pink, two boys means blue, boy and girl she has purple, or something like that)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »
2) That Clawdeen is packaged with random siblings. Some packs have two girls, some two boys, some a boy and a girl, etc. She has like a hundred siblings so making something like that wouldn't be hard. (If this happens, I do hope that they at least change something of Clawdeen to make each version more unique, like if she has two girls she wears pink, two boys means blue, boy and girl she has purple, or something like that)

I so love this idea.
:leaves: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :leaves:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2016, 09:46:09 PM »

That would be pretty cool. Does anyone remember Teacher Barbie from the 90's? I think she came with a random assortment of children if I'm not mistaken. Though they might have always been boy/girl and not girl/girl or boy/boy. It would be fun to have a different assortment :)

Offline ghoulbunny

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Stone Cold Style
  • -Monster High pun of an expression here-
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2016, 10:48:01 PM »
Yeah...This tbh scared me for Clawdia, Clawd, and Howleen's sakes :( I'm a little excited for Fangelica but it's a tad strange that she suddenly has a sister ^^; (Although I'm not TOO shocked because of that new stepmom book so) Fangelica seems pretty cute and I actually really like her name :P

I agree though, I'm starting not to believe Mattel when they say that none of the monsters have been discontinued :/

I'll still be patient of course but if I don't hear from them in a while then, I'll have to assume the worst u_u

Post Merge: December 23, 2016, 10:48:53 PM

On another hand, I hear there's also a Garden of Frights line with three or so new ghouls :O
wee woo

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2016, 01:22:57 AM »

This would be sooooo cool!! I'd really love something like this.

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2016, 07:13:39 AM »
I really don't think such a thing is going to happen. A mystery/random set would probably sell, but I don't know if they would actually do it. The descriptions at least would mention something like that.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2016, 08:23:28 AM »
I really don't think such a thing is going to happen. A mystery/random set would probably sell, but I don't know if they would actually do it. The descriptions at least would mention something like that.

Probably not.  I think that Ameyal was just throwing out a cool "what if" idea.  Not necessarily postulating that this is what Mattel truly has planned.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »

Offline danbo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
  • グレートですよ。
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »
Fangelica is a little... Hmm. I'm not sure. I think I need a closer look but I think they're kinda cute!

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2016, 03:28:17 PM »
I like Dracula. It's time we got some parent attention. The other siblings range from "cute" to "nah".

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2016, 03:30:19 PM »
No joints...  :cry:

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2016, 03:30:40 PM »
- A DRACULA DOLL AND HE'S NOT SDCC. He also doesn't have arm articulation which suuuucks but I'm counting the fact that he exists at all as a small miracle. I hope he's less shiny in the final product cause YEESH. That Draculaura is really cute too. Time to start looking into a CAM Vampire.
- Kelpie is so cuuuuute I love her big curls. I wonder if this is how she'll actually look though. I know there was concept art where Kelpie looked a lot more like lagoona (less spines, straighter hair) this kelpie looks like a fusion of those concepts and her GSR design.
- The Wolf sibling I'm assuming is Barker looks a lot like male!Howleen in the grainy art.
- Clawdeen is wearing pants and that's amazing.
- The solo sibling dolls are simultaneously hilarious and adorable. I actually really like Pawla. Also kudos to Ebbie for throwing yet another wrench in how amphibious/fishlike lagoona actually is. They minimize her webbing and add scales (fish) but Ebbie will presumably grow up and have legs (amphibian).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:47:06 PM by ReversedUser »