collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Family Sets and the Clawd/Clawdeen 2 pack  (Read 30385 times)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Family Sets
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2016, 10:38:41 AM »
What if Fangelica is related to Elissabat? :D Just a thought~

Her description says that she's Draculaura's sister.  Unless that description is incorrect or it changes later.
:holiday: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :holiday:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline Ocean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 11:48:14 AM »
I've seen whispers of both Howleen and Clawd. Howleen pictured on some reboot promo material, and promo drawings for a a Clawd wearing just shorts, in a swimline that had Howleen too. I can't remember if my favorite weresister, Clawdia, was in that swimline. I know Clawdeen and I think maybe one other person were wearing impractical swimsuits that wouldn't let them "jump off a tire swing into the water" like Clawd was shown doing.... (Howeleen had a good one) but I'm worried it was just Clawdeen and not Clawdia. Can't remember for sure, as the outfits underwhemed overall.

What I'm really afraid of is non-articulation on these new dolls (this seems to be something toy manufacturers think is increasingly ok to get away with when the dolls are smaller for some reason. Meanwhile, the MH Megabloks have incedible knee articulaton...), as well as lack of outfit detail, paint detail, and stands.  I have no use for a bunch more small budget dolls like the EAH pixies.

Online Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »
I've seen whispers of both Howleen and Clawd. Howleen pictured on some reboot promo material, and promo drawings for a a Clawd wearing just shorts, in a swimline that had Howleen too. I can't remember if my favorite weresister, Clawdia, was in that swimline. I know Clawdeen and I think maybe one other person were wearing impractical swimsuits that wouldn't let them "jump off a tire swing into the water" like Clawd was shown doing.... (Howeleen had a good one) but I'm worried it was just Clawdeen and not Clawdia. Can't remember for sure, as the outfits underwhemed overall.

Are you talking about this?

(photo courtesy of Ransurround @ Tumblr)

If so, that's not a reboot pic; it's from one of the Monster High Collection magazine/booklet things and predates the reboot.

Offline Ocean

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2016, 11:55:27 AM »
....oh....yup. Too bad it predates the reboot. I guess this swim line never got made?

In that case, I've seen a whisper of HOWLEEN only as her doll was shown talking to twyla's doll in a locker room scene featuring reboot dolls

:cry: Clawdia!

Online Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2016, 12:07:55 PM »
I don't think it was ever intended to be made; the MH collection magazines had a lot of art of chars in different outfits like that (to go along with a little story), heh.

FWIW, Clawdeen's swimsuit is from her Skull Shores doll (minus the beach wrap/cover-up on top) and Howleen's outfit seems to have been based off Clawdeen's Gloom Beach outfit. :B so they weren't entirely made up just for the pic, heh.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2016, 12:15:46 PM »
I don't think it was ever intended to be made; the MH collection magazines had a lot of art of chars in different outfits like that (to go along with a little story), heh.

Yep.  There were even images of Skelita with her brother and abuelita, and I sincerely doubt that they ever intended on making a tween skeleton boy and a plus-sized skeleton grandma.... though I would've bought both in a heartbeat. ;)
:holiday: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :holiday:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
What I'm really afraid of is non-articulation on these new dolls (this seems to be something toy manufacturers think is increasingly ok to get away with when the dolls are smaller for some reason. Meanwhile, the MH Megabloks have incedible knee articulaton...), as well as lack of outfit detail, paint detail, and stands.  I have no use for a bunch more small budget dolls like the EAH pixies.

Smaller dolls were never articulated tho. It's not like with the regular dolls where they were all fully articulated and then suddenly started releasing dolls with static joints.

The mega block figs do have articulated knees but they also come apart so there isn't as much risk of snappage. While definitely possible tiny doll joints are usually fragile and fiddly.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 01:22:54 PM »
I wanted family sets, but not like this.  Unless they do an SDCC set, I guess I'll never see a Cleo, Nefera, and Ramses 3 pack.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Evilunicorn

• Down Undah Diva
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 02:10:23 PM »
More sets that I'm curious about...*patiently waits for images*

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
Where is Howleen :(

And lol draculaura has a sister. Did they convert her? Bite her?
^.^ :drac: :hearts: :rainbow:

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 04:35:06 PM »
I feel like Mattel is making stuff up as they go along.  From what I saw in the movie, Draculaura didn't have any siblings.  Unless they decided to have her suddenly appear, like she is an older sister who was away at school or traveling the world or something.  Honestly, I do have a few dolls from this line, and I did buy the movie but I'm not feeling this line like I did the original line.  I recently moved and once my dolls were out of storage, plus the new ones I bought which were from the original like I didn't have room on my bureau for the new ones.  It's the biggest bureau I have and to be honest I'm not 100% upset over it.

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 04:36:29 PM »
I don't know how they're going to explain a new sister, who, up until now, has been entirely absent in person and mention in all MH canon. I mean, surely they would have introduced her before or at least hinted at her existence, but you can't just add in such a close relation without explanation. Cousins, maybe, and Viperine succeeded in that regard. But sisters? Unless there's an adoption/conversion thing going on here, I don't think they can pull it off.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »
I don't know how they're going to explain a new sister, who, up until now, has been entirely absent in person and mention in all MH canon. I mean, surely they would have introduced her before or at least hinted at her existence, but you can't just add in such a close relation without explanation. Cousins, maybe, and Viperine succeeded in that regard. But sisters? Unless there's an adoption/conversion thing going on here, I don't think they can pull it off.

They did already pull it off with Cerise and Ramona though.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2016, 04:55:45 PM »

I really hope we get something that has Dracula going "Hey, I found another dying girl and turned her into a vampire - you have a sister now."

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »
I'd like to say how much Fangelica's name bugs me. It's a very sloppy pun, as either pronunciation loses one aspect of the wordplay. It's either FAN-jelica which makes it sound like she's an enthusiast, or FANG-elica, which no longer sounds like an existing name.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »
And lol draculaura has a sister. Did they convert her? Bite her?

A human girl got too close to Monster High, things escalated quickly and..

Dracula: "Yeah... you always wanted a sister, didn't you? :D "

Offline danbo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
  • グレートですよ。
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2016, 08:05:03 PM »

Are you talking about this?

(photo courtesy of Ransurround @ Tumblr)

If so, that's not a reboot pic; it's from one of the Monster High Collection magazine/booklet things and predates the reboot.

That picture is so cute! I love Howleen, so adorable.

Anyway, I'm curious to see this line, but it's just not really sparking my interest. Presumably non-articulated child/tween monsters? No mention of the canon Wolf siblings that I love and miss... I'm just not feeling it. Come on Mattel, surprise me with this one!

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2016, 09:01:11 PM »
I wonder if Cleo is going to get a doll in this line. We still have those Pharrah and Lux De Nile trademarks to fill.

Offline itzelery

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Monster Hunter
  • you ought to be its
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2016, 09:15:17 PM »
It would be cute if they were like little "sisters" only in the sense of a mentor-type thing, as opposed to like actual relatives. I can see that working with Draculaura since neither she nor her sister have last names.

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2016, 09:18:04 PM »
Trying to stay hopeful about these, but I can't say I've been too impressed with most of the recent releases of late. The idea of family dolls/little siblings is adorable and welcome, but it'll all come down to the execution.

(Giving Draculaura's little sister bat wings and ears is weird to me, since Draculaura originally struggled so hard with her bat transformation... but... I guess that whole canon has been nixed in this continuity anyway...)