collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Family Sets and the Clawd/Clawdeen 2 pack  (Read 30403 times)

Offline dArcangel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
Family Sets and the Clawd/Clawdeen 2 pack
« on: December 22, 2016, 04:40:11 AM »
Apparently Draculaura, Clawdeen & Lagoona have been given extra sisters for some reason:

Clawdeen& Bros:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRZMB0U
Lagoona & Kelpie:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY0GRYI
Fangelica:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7KFLES
Pawla Wolf:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRZMA5I
Ebbie Blue:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBMV2GN

Edited with leaked pictures:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Title edit to make things clearer for people searching. -Robina
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:10:09 AM by Robina »

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Family Sets
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:45:34 AM »
I'm more surprised that Draculaura has a sister than anything else (Who should have been Fangalina) (and apparently Howleen's been .... :( )

But hey, Kelpie...... and Ebbie. So maybe Howleen is still there somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:20:57 AM by Morieris »

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:14:52 AM »
Don't tell me they removed Howleen as well. D:

Offline 8BrickMario

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 06:43:53 AM »
Mattel, you're not sounding very convincing with that "nobody's gone" promise...I wonder if Kelpie is actually gonna look like her GSR design or if it's just gonna be a borrowed name, like Moanica.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline neon_jellyfish

• MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 06:48:25 AM »
Clawd also seems to be non-existent as of now, right? I want De Nile sisterpack. If Nefera still exists, that is.

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 06:55:18 AM »
I think what's throwing me off the most about this is that Draculaura suddenly has a sister. It was weird enough when they suddenly said Lagoona had siblings back in GSR (tho I don't really have a problem with it, to clarify; it at least seemed plausible for her to have siblings that just never got mentioned before, if that makes sense), but Draculaura having a little sister is a bit... ehhh....

I do wonder where Howleen's gone to. :( I hope they haven't gotten rid of her.. these seem like younger chars than the established "little sister" chars (Howleen, Twyla etc) so maybe that's why she's not in this line. (I hope so!)

I'm cautiously optimistic about these, anyway.. they sound interesting and it'll be great to get some more body types at last, but also it's post-reboot and so far I haven't liked most of the newer dolls, so.. we'll see, I guess. I hope photos are released soon ^^

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 06:58:08 AM »
Actually how do we know that Paula and Ebbie aren't Clawdeen and Lagoona's parents.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 07:01:10 AM »
...Draculaura totally only got a sister so she could be part of yet another line.. Pretty much.

It kind of makes sense for Clawdeen, because wolf pups. But it makes me nervous for her canon siblings.
None have made an appearance yet I believe..

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 07:01:47 AM »
Well that explains what those trademarks were for. How tall is 5.5 inches anyway? Is that Kelly size?

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 07:07:01 AM »
It makes me sad for Howleen and Clawd(I'm still hoping they are living with their dad) but on the other hand... Hey, LITTLE BROTHERS!!!!(little sisters too, but I'm "meh")

Didn't Draculaura got a stepmom in one of the books? Maybe she now has a step sister, or they adopted another young vampire...

It is weird that lagoona an clawdeen and with gheir siblings and draculaura is not, unless the description is wrong

Actually how do we know that Paula and Ebbie aren't Clawdeen and Lagoona's parents.
The link says they're 5.5" so tnat's not likely...

Well that explains what those trademarks were for. How tall is 5.5 inches anyway? Is that Kelly size?
Kelly is about 4 inches, so more like Chelsea... either way, is about waist size of a MH
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:13:35 AM by Ameyal »

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 07:37:52 AM »
The link says they're 5.5" so tnat's not likely...

Yep.  The description reads, "Meet the younger siblings of Monster High!  Designed in small scale (5.5 inches) with a new form factor, they come with a themed piece count that helps to tell fun family stories.  The younger sibling of Clawdeen Wolf/Draculaura/Lagoona Blue doll.  Monsterrific details indicate a younger age."

I'm excited to see these, especially considering how little they are!  Little monster children! :squee:
:holiday: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :holiday:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 07:40:52 AM »
...Draculaura totally only got a sister so she could be part of yet another line.. Pretty much.

It kind of makes sense for Clawdeen, because wolf pups. But it makes me nervous for her canon siblings.
None have made an appearance yet I believe..

Nerves here too. But I'm holding out on Mattel's promise still. Holding out really, really hard.

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 07:44:38 AM »
"Monsterrific details indicate a younger age, like bat wings and larger bat ears for the young daughter of a vampire..." - The bat ears sound like an interesting detail, I wonder if these can be rebodied.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 07:46:43 AM »
Mattel, you're not sounding very convincing with that "nobody's gone" promise..

I agree.  That is why I do not listen to them.  And why I doubt that Spectra, Ghoulia, Howleen or Clawd will be back.

My main concerns are:  being that these siblings are only 5.5", does this mean they'll be unarticulated?
Not trying to be pessimistic, but I hope this doesn't also mean the main ghouls will be unarticulated too.

On the plus side, Clawdeen's little sister will have "a fluffy tail and paws for the young daughter of a werewolf "

love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 07:53:46 AM »
Mattel, you're not sounding very convincing with that "nobody's gone" promise..

I agree.  That is why I do not listen to them.  And why I doubt that Spectra, Ghoulia, Howleen or Clawd will be back.

My main concerns are:  being that these siblings are only 5.5", does this mean they'll be unarticulated?
Not trying to be pessimistic, but I hope this doesn't also mean the main ghouls will be unarticulated too.

On the plus side, Clawdeen's little sister will have "a fluffy tail and paws for the young daughter of a werewolf "

How they can remove some character are beyond me...
Ghoulia, one of the main six Ghouls and Cleo's BEST friend
Spectra, our beloved Ghostly Gossip
Clawd, Draculaura's boyfriend and Clawdeen's brother
Howleen, best friend of Twyla and Clawdeen's sister

I am interested in the whole "fluffy tail concept" as it makes me wonder where the other werewolves keep theirs. xD

And if they are 5.5", I suspect they won't have any more articulation than the regular five points. Are they the size of the Pixies from EAH Dragon Games?

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 08:11:21 AM »

Unfortunately, they probably won't be articulated. :(  It is absolutely possible to do articulation in that scale (just look at Fairyland RealPukis), but historically, Mattel's smaller/child-sized dolls have had very limited articulation.
And give the limited articulation of most of the full-size reboot dolls... yeah.  I doubt that these dolls will be fully articulated.
:holiday: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :holiday:

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 08:12:16 AM »
I was wondering if they're the same height as the Forest Pixies? At first I thought they were the size of a Stacie doll, but Stacie's 7.5 inches. 

Please also note, I'm not saying that Howleen, Clawd, etc. won't be back, but that it's looking more doubtful now that they're introducing little brothers and sisters.

Post Merge: December 22, 2016, 08:14:23 AM

Unfortunately, they probably won't be articulated. :(  It is absolutely possible to do articulation in that scale (just look at Fairyland RealPukis), but historically, Mattel's smaller/child-sized dolls have had very limited articulation.
And give the limited articulation of most of the full-size reboot dolls... yeah.  I doubt that these dolls will be fully articulated.

I know the EQ Girls aren't the same height, but some of them are at least partly articulated, maybe these could be rebodied onto them? :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:14:23 AM by Wuvmykitties »
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 08:20:11 AM »
Please also note, I'm not saying that Howleen, Clawd, etc. won't be back, but that it's looking more doubtful now that they're introducing little brothers and sisters.

I agree.

When we watched WtMH for the first time and saw Clawdeen's family, my husband turned to me and said, "So I guess Clawd is gone?"  So even he was under the impression that characters had been nixed.

Offline textsfrommh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 09:43:58 AM »
I can buy Clawdeen and Lagoona having some distant siblings we haven't heard mentioned before, but where on earth did Fangelica come from? (Eyes Dracula and Clawdeen's mum suspiciously) The only way I can see this making sense is if Fangelica is a cousin of Draculaura.

Still, pleased to see that we're finally getting sibling characters in Monster High. I doubt they'll be articulated, but as long as they look unique and have some charm and character, I think they'll be popular.

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »
What if Fangelica is related to Elissabat? :D Just a thought~