collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Garden of Frights doll asst.  (Read 24024 times)

Offline 8BrickMario

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Garden of Frights doll asst.
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2016, 07:52:43 PM »
I didn't even realize the playset was actually a tree-giant doll as well. That sounds cool, but I'm worried that the very nature of it will ruin her doll potential.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline danbo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
  • グレートですよ。
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »
I'm excited to see the tree girl! :0 I wonder how they'll manage that, making a doll that's also a playset?

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2016, 08:02:30 PM »
I'm excited to see the tree girl! :0 I wonder how they'll manage that, making a doll that's also a playset?

I hope it's not like the giant ninja turtle figures that fold open to make a playset.

Offline danbo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
  • グレートですよ。
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2016, 08:11:51 PM »

I hope it's not like the giant ninja turtle figures that fold open to make a playset.

Just looked that up- yeah, I'm hoping that's Not what she looks like. I have faith in you, Mattel!

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2016, 08:35:09 PM »
Probably the "doll" part is going to be a head over the playset(Either the 17" or the 28") and the "trunk" aka the playset is only her torso.

Offline Ocean

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 11:52:45 PM »
It sounds to me like the bug girls are going to hatch out of her stomach, which is pretty cool.

But then I'm wondering what happens with her legs. How can she look like an elegant tree nymph giving haven to young bugs gloriously launching themselves into the new world from her inner nest, and not like...  I dunno, someone who died and is having an emergency c-section...or worse, if you go with the bug theme (now those are too morbid for a toy motif, even for me). it seems to me it would all come down to somehow elegantly making her legs into a trunk which the bugs would then need a ladder to, or something. I feel like she can't have her legs lying stretched on the floor, and it would be disappointing if she were stuck in a perma-yogi-position. Or worse, was randomly missing legs altogether.

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2016, 07:41:36 AM »
It sounds to me like the bug girls are going to hatch out of her stomach, which is pretty cool.

But then I'm wondering what happens with her legs. How can she look like an elegant tree nymph giving haven to young bugs gloriously launching themselves into the new world from her inner nest, and not like...  I dunno, someone who died and is having an emergency c-section...or worse, if you go with the bug theme (now those are too morbid for a toy motif, even for me). it seems to me it would all come down to somehow elegantly making her legs into a trunk which the bugs would then need a ladder to, or something. I feel like she can't have her legs lying stretched on the floor, and it would be disappointing if she were stuck in a perma-yogi-position. Or worse, was randomly missing legs altogether.

The listing says "Unclip her legs to let your imagination roam with the doll" so there are legs involved... and it sounds like you can free her from the playset? Or take the legs off? I wish we got pics instead of speculation! :P

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2016, 07:49:38 AM »
I'm just worried about the possibility of her being a non-mobile character in-universe. What fun is a tree giant who's rooted to the earth?
Also, she's listed as shorter than Gooliope by a little, but she has to be big enough to hold the bug fairies, so that implies a permanent sitting position- technically, she's huge, but she won't be able to reach full height.

This sounds like it could be insanely cool (Think, we might get Cedar's woodgrain again!) but it might be a tremendous failure due to the playset. If Mattel is clever enough, she could successfully straddle both roles, but I don't know.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2016, 08:05:12 AM »
I wonder if they'll repurpose the 26" (??? is that right or is it 27") doll molds but change the leg mechanisms.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2016, 05:03:35 PM »
Re-reading the description, I *think* Nymphadora(... what? Dryads are Tree Nymphs!) will be "inserted" somehow in the playset, probably in the door, so people are able to play with her. (the descriptions mentions shoes and a dress) and the dimensions of the box say it is 4 x 12 x 15.2, so either she's 17" and in a sitting position, or the doll itself is normal size(Maybe big sister?) 
And since the bugs are 5 inches or so, the playset doesn't need to be that big, nor their flowers/things(I think one has a mushroom?)

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2016, 07:16:12 PM »
It seems very clear to me that Daphne (my temp name for her) is the playset, not a doll that goes with it. Mentions like "unclip her legs", "open her trunk" and the like indicate she transforms somehow, but I'm optimistic that she'll still be a fairly complete and functional doll, especially since she supposedly has an outift...the gimmick may mean it's molded, though.
 I just love plant monsters (especially spooky trees) and Gooliope could use a friend more her size, so I hope she's great.

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »
I hope the "wings" aren't part of their dresses like Draculaura's ghoul to bat doll.

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »
I hope the "wings" aren't part of their dresses like Draculaura's ghoul to bat doll.

I somehow doubt that. :)

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2016, 01:25:10 AM »
Does anyone know how tall the EAH pixies are? I'm bad w/ numbers so I'm not sure if these new bug girls are shorter than the pixies or if they're the same height, lol.

Offline 8BrickMario

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2016, 03:30:02 PM »
It is a freakin' miracle. The playset tree giant, Treesa Thornwillow, is a complete articulated doll, with a nice design to boot!  Mattel, I was really expecting a crushing letdown, but you made a functional doll into a functional playset, while making her a tree giant! I sense a hit.

Also, Jada has four arms, so that's  cool.

Disappointed though that Twyla seems to have permanently concentrated her shadows to her right arm.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:33:04 PM by 8BrickMario »

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2016, 03:32:02 PM »
It is a freakin' miracle. The playset tree giant, Treesa Thornwillow, is a complete articulated doll, with a nice design to boot!

I knowwww! They've executed the player/doll combo perfectly from what I could see, though I'll reserve final judgement until she's released.

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »
http://monstertini.tumblr.com/post/154909632406/monster-high-survey-leaks-2017-thanks-for-your

- I like how Treesa is being executed. Her shoes seem to click into the actual playset and I think that's a great way for her to still have mobility. She reminds of Cedar but like, not as pretty ^^;. I hope she fits Barbie clothes because her outfit needs some serious work.
- I think the Twyla in this image is just an Electrified one with different hair. I don't think that hand mould is going to be her default and her shadows are still messed up. Unless that's just how she looks now, but her mini has them on her legs so IDK
- Toralei has a kitty nose now! How neat.
- Cleo, Toralei, and Twyla are really boring. I'll probably start falling for them when we get better pics but otherwise these girls are pretty meh.
- I like that Jada has four arms.
- I like the Egyptian bird (the name escapes me) designs on Cleo's wings
- Twyla's forehead is HUGE in these pics

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2016, 03:41:31 PM »
Treesa Thornwillow and Cedar Wood: Separated at birth?

Also, come ON guys, magenta hair? Green or brown (or green AND brown) too obvious and on the nose? Sure there's green streaks, but sheesh.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2016, 03:44:07 PM »
I was looking for so long trying to figure out where the playset was for Treesa.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »
Ok so my thoughts:

Cleo- I think looks the best. I like her dress the best as well.

Toralei- Ehh.. I don't hate her, but I don't love her either. She doesn't really have anything on her, besides the wings, that look like it represents any kind of garden.

Twyla- Ehh again. I don't think the dress represents Twyla. Looks like a sugar plum fairy or something. It's too frou frou for Twyla.

The "Pixies"- No clue what to call them, but might as well just have these and the Enchantimals line be the same. Make it the common thread for EAH and MH.
Not the biggest fan of them as a whole. I think I like the bee girl the best, but I hope she gets her neck back hah.

Treesa- Is definitely the coolest. Well done Mattel. I agree with the hair though. I don't like the magenta, so hopefully it's a bit different in actuality. I think she would have looked a bit better with like golden hair.

All of them - That is a LOT of mini dresses... Not even like capri's and a tshirt could be used? Just on one of them?
Glad they are articulated though! A little more of that would be awesome.

Still not a huge fan of the reboot so far.