collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: Body Parts and Broken bodies  (Read 814 times)

Offline psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
Body Parts and Broken bodies
« on: December 08, 2016, 11:10:38 PM »
What do you all do with dolls that are broken or have missing parts? I have atleast 8 that are missing arms or hands. One poor Howleen I found in a bag at a yard sale had her legs burned. Her face and upper body are beautiful, I figured maybe someone could maybe re-head her or something. If someone knows what to do with the bodies and wants to work a trade or something I am all ears. I just don't want them to live a sad life inside a box and turning into a science project like in toy story 3.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
Re: Body Parts and Broken bodies
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 04:38:39 AM »
If they're just missing arms or hands, Mattel sells replacement parts online. :) Even if Mattel no longer carries the specific parts you need, Ebay is bound to have some of the older stock.

Legs are a little trickier to fix, but you can either scavenge parts from broken dolls or, as you suggested, do a re-body. Maybe use the opportunity to try out the head on a different type of body, such a a MtM Barbie.

EDIT: So apparently the G1 replacement parts are going out of production soon. :( There are still some left by the looks of things, but I'd hurry if you really want them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:53:16 AM by Nemesis »

Online Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 07:42:16 AM »
I have a friend who does customs, even dolls like this are always good for replacement parts. 
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline 8BrickMario

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »
I keep bodies of deceased dolls as mannequins to free up storage in my clothing box. But besides that, not much else.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline TheFuzz

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 06:33:06 PM »
I either find replacement parts for them, use them FOR replacement parts, or rebody them. I'm sure if you ask around there are plenty of folks looking for or looking to get rid of extra parts. As for what to do with the bodies that have been stripped of usable parts, I haven't found a use yet, they sit in the parts box, possibly for future custom experimentation.

Offline danbo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
  • グレートですよ。
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 08:16:51 PM »
I sometimes buy replacement parts- I really wanted Twyla to have an arm, and a full hand of fingers, and I've replaced hands/arms for a couple other ghouls- or leave them as they are. I don't mind having disabled dolls. ^^ Since Mattel's no longer replacing G1 parts, from what I've heard, I think I'll be leaving more and more of my secondhand dolls limbless. Buying new arms on ebay is too expensive for me, and we're running out of options.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.