collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: How is MH Doing? Popularity, Sales, Overall, etc.  (Read 18936 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Re: How is MH Doing? Popularity, Sales, Overall, etc.
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2017, 11:20:35 AM »
The only Black Friday MH deal this year is that Walmart has the Emoji dolls for $5. That's literally it.

Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Beast Friends
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2017, 12:39:49 PM »
The only Black Friday MH deal this year is that Walmart has the Emoji dolls for $5. That's literally it.

In the advertised sales, you mean? Im still hoping well see some discounts on the actual day... Id love to get a deal on those new ballet dolls...

If this is indeed the end for MH (at least for now), then Im glad it had a good, strong run. There have been many gorgeous dolls released, and I treasure the ones Ive collected since the brand launched in 2010. Things come and go... I will still look forward to what the future of fashion dolls brings. :)

Offline Wardah

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »

In the advertised sales, you mean? Im still hoping well see some discounts on the actual day... Id love to get a deal on those new ballet dolls...

If this is indeed the end for MH (at least for now), then Im glad it had a good, strong run. There have been many gorgeous dolls released, and I treasure the ones Ive collected since the brand launched in 2010. Things come and go... I will still look forward to what the future of fashion dolls brings. :)

I just hope when the last hurrah happens it's not like with EAH where the only place to snag them is on Amazon.
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Manster Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2017, 08:11:41 AM »

I just hope when the last hurrah happens it's not like with EAH where the only place to snag them is on Amazon.

It's virtually like that already here in the UK. I think the only shops selling anything new is TRU and Smyths, although I would like to be proved wrong.

I visited my fav ASDA superstore (Walmart) and there was absolutely nothing to get excited about. No MH at all, however they did have Enchantimals on offer and were selling like hot-cakes. Funny thing is that they had vastly reduced the amount of fashion dolls for sale. So I'm guessing that dolls in general just aren't selling in the quantities that they used to.
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.

Offline Nemesis

• Beast Friends
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
So I'm guessing that dolls in general just aren't selling in the quantities that they used to.

Pretty much. The great fashion doll renaissance has come to an end, sadly. :( Trends change, especially amongst kids. Blind bags and mini-collectables are the current it toys (well, those and Fidgets). I like those things fine, but do sorely miss the early years of MH, when we were bombarded by Novi Stars, Bratzillaz, Once Upon a Zombie, EAH, etc., etc.

Offline NsMHdolls

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2017, 09:37:13 AM »
Toys R Us had not a single MH in sight. I guess that Walmart and Target are the only ones selling MH now?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:42:45 AM by NsMHdolls »
I am now taking commisions for Custom dolls, ponies, handmade ponywear and doll clothes, and handmade pet hooded coats!

Offline Wardah

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2017, 11:51:48 AM »
Toys R Us had not a single MH in sight. I guess that Walmart and Target are the only ones selling MH now?

That's weird. The one near me has more than any other store in the area.

Offline NsMHdolls

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2017, 12:08:39 PM »

I didn't see a single one. Only DC superhero girls dolls, Descendants, and Regal acadamy. Sadly, no MH. :|
I am now taking commisions for Custom dolls, ponies, handmade ponywear and doll clothes, and handmade pet hooded coats!

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2017, 12:14:22 PM »
We have only one store that got the new monster high dolls ( electrified, siblings and Tressa Thorn Willow) they reduced the prices of previous dolls ( the new price is the same as the new dolls). For example Luna was 34 and now is 24,99.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:17:38 PM by alkevin »

Offline Wardah

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2017, 06:00:02 PM »

I didn't see a single one. Only DC superhero girls dolls, Descendants, and Regal acadamy. Sadly, no MH. :|

Is the store near you a smaller store? Like I dunno if it's the same with TRU but I do know with Staples my smaller store doesn't carry everything the bigger stores do.

Offline lyra

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 18, 2017, 06:22:06 PM »
Yeah, the Entertainer doesn't stock MH at all. I think they're considered 'too scary' for their target demographic  :lol:

I remember someone said it's because the owner is religious and believes that MH is "demonic". I've also heard they don't open on Sundays like Hobby Lobby and Chik Fil A here in the US.

Yep, that's right. They also didn't stock Zelfs for the same reason, RLMAO. Zelfs demonic?? It's unbelievable to think that a owner of a branch of shops would turn down sales because of "demonic" toys.

Entertainer won't stock a great deal of things - wont even stock Harry Potter because witchcraft  :|  (but spellcasting my little ponies are fine 0_0) 

But yah they have never stocked MH because it's *far* outside their religious aesthetic to have vampires and zombies. But other monsters like Disney's Monsters inc are fine however, they stock those. 

At least they DO stock educational scientific toys like dinosaur excavation play kits etc, I do appreciate that staff don't have to work sundays and they actually turner down mega Harry Potter profits putting beliefs first, showing not everyone can be bought....

However, I personally find it annoying because in the UK many small towns JUST have the Entertainer as their only toy shop (if any) outside the toy aisles in the supermarket and it's hard for older people who tend not to use the internet to find these excluded lines for their kids
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 06:53:36 PM by lyra »

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »
I keep hoping our Walmarts will get the sig look dolls, but all they have is the family sets, 1 or 2 Garden Ghouls and emojis.  Also, are the Music Class dolls TRU exclusives?  I hardly ever get there but I only want Cleo.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Voltageous
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 23, 2017, 01:41:36 AM »
In my Walgreens pretty much had the only older style dolls in my city I think the gloom beach line. You know the clawdeen and Frankie ones that have the newer style ish? They're like $16 here :/ how come everyone but me is finding good deals for Black Friday and stuff lol. Big lots didnt have anything good either. Just shriekerecked catrine and welcome lagoona.
ISO Cupid and operetta's rings.

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2017, 07:20:06 AM »
I keep hoping our Walmarts will get the sig look dolls, but all they have is the family sets, 1 or 2 Garden Ghouls and emojis.  Also, are the Music Class dolls TRU exclusives?  I hardly ever get there but I only want Cleo.
Music Class I saw only one time, and that was at Walmart.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Wardah

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2017, 04:28:41 PM »
So the current 2018 line up is:

Monster Family Bunk Bed Wolf Cubs
Frankie and Aliva BBQ set
Howleen and Aliva pet sets
Transforming Clawdeen and Draculaura
Ballet Dolls
Comic Book Dress Dolls?
Swimsuit Dolls?
Minis with Pet
Series 3 Minis?

Is that about right?

Offline NsMHdolls

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »

Ballet Dolls
Comic Book Dress Dolls?
Swimsuit Dolls?
Minis with Pet
Series 3 Minis?

Is that about right?

It's something atleast! I really like the ballet dolls!

Post Merge: November 25, 2017, 04:34:17 PM

Is the store near you a smaller store? Like I dunno if it's the same with TRU but I do know with Staples my smaller store doesn't carry everything the bigger stores do.
Not at all. It's an average/big sized store. I think that I looked down the wrong isle last time, because when I went back to the same Toys "R" Us recently, they had some MH and EAH dolls down the Barbie isle. My mistake.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:34:58 PM by NsMHdolls »

Offline roseprincess1

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2017, 07:01:57 PM »

Ballet Dolls
Comic Book Dress Dolls?
Swimsuit Dolls?
Minis with Pet
Series 3 Minis?

Is that about right?

It's something atleast! I really like the ballet dolls!

same here.. moanica is awesome!

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2017, 02:12:53 AM »
Went to a TRU today, and was a bit disappointed to see MH reduced to ONLY FOUR FEET, which is easily the lowest I've ever seen. It shares an aisle with Descendants, two EAH products (the Alistaire/Bunny 2-pack and the School Playset, which I think TRU doesn't feel like reducing to clear), and about eight feet of DC Superhero Girls. And across from that is about twelve feet of TROLLS of all things. Did that movie even do well?

I asked a random employee if they were getting rid of MH, and she just replied "No- I think it's just getting less and less popular."

Possibly an isolated incident, but DEFINITELY not a great sign.

Offline Wardah

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2017, 09:52:04 AM »
Went to a TRU today, and was a bit disappointed to see MH reduced to ONLY FOUR FEET, which is easily the lowest I've ever seen. It shares an aisle with Descendants, two EAH products (the Alistaire/Bunny 2-pack and the School Playset, which I think TRU doesn't feel like reducing to clear), and about eight feet of DC Superhero Girls. And across from that is about twelve feet of TROLLS of all things. Did that movie even do well?

They just released a Holiday Special, are planning on a TV series, and have a sequel on the way so it must have. I know I enjoyed it.

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2017, 01:28:32 AM »

They just released a Holiday Special, are planning on a TV series, and have a sequel on the way so it must have. I know I enjoyed it.
Hm- made about $150 million domestically, so yeah. Not DISNEY money (it's about 50% of your typical Disney feature, like Moana, but not bad. It didn't do well domestically, but I think Merch Sales are worth more in the long run, anyhow. I know that was the case for the Frozen juggernaut.