collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: How is MH Doing? Popularity, Sales, Overall, etc.  (Read 20393 times)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: How is MH Doing? Popularity, Sales, Overall, etc.
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »
Please get this conversation back on-topic.  Thank you.
:brr: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :brr:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2017, 05:59:25 PM »
Found some of the newer stuff at Meijers today.. none of the ballette girls yet..
GRR.. lots of the family stuff tho.
No sign of eah..
how are the figures for the dolls sales doing if anyone knwos?

Offline Jabroniville

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2017, 11:14:42 PM »
Found some of the newer stuff at Meijers today.. none of the ballette girls yet..
No sign of eah..
It's rather hard to find that out, actually. Maybe it'll be posted after this Christmas (few companies make public announcements before that). The only stuff I could find was from a couple years ago, when the line was booming and there was talk of Monster High cannibalizing BARBIE's sales.

Which might be the source of the issue now, actually- maybe DC SuperHero Girls is taking away sales that would have once gone to Monster High? From my perception, there's a lot more competition on the shelves with girls' toys than there once was- while Bratz has fallen away, there's DC SuperHero Girls, TRU is pushing that Spirit line pretty hard, etc.

I mean, it seems rather clear that MH is selling less well than they used to, judging just by what's on store shelves (what was 20+ lines a year is now barely 5+)- maybe all this new competition is to blame?

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2017, 10:27:10 AM »
No sign of eah..

Here is Mattel's 3rd quarter financial report for this year: https://news.mattel.com/news/mattel-reports-third-quarter-2017-financial-results

I don't know about other companies or dolls in general, but Mattel has not done well this year.

"Our Q3 performance was clearly disappointing, led by compression in North America driven by Toys "R" Us filing for bankruptcy, tighter retailer inventory management and challenges with certain underperforming brands." - Margo Georgiadis, CEO of Mattel

Barbie sales were down in the third quarter but up for the year as a whole; and MH and DCSHG are both described as being in decline.

"Worldwide gross sales for Other Girls brands were down 40% as reported, and down 42% in constant currency, versus the prior year's third quarter, primarily driven by declines in Monster High® and DC Super Hero Girls™."
:brr: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :brr:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram