collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 91
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: How is MH Doing? Popularity, Sales, Overall, etc.  (Read 35475 times)

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
Re: How is MH Doing? Popularity, Sales, Overall, etc.
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »
Why don't they just end MH and change it to "Ghoul Squad?" Or is it too late for that?

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2017, 11:06:03 PM »
My TRU has a veeeery small MH section. About the size of the EAH section (which is also very tiny) Scream and Sugar 2 pack was clearanced to $14.99, but all the other dolls were regular price. Nothing new except the sports dolls.

All EAH Epic Winter dolls (except Crystal) were clearanced. $9.98 for the single dolls and $6.98 for the Daring/Rosabella 2 pack (which is an awesome price but I already have them) The castle was $60 I think.

Went to Target after TRU and their MH section was even smaller. They had some new dolls at least. I saw Treesa, and the garden ghouls Twyla and Toralei. The rest was mainly a few Electrified dolls and lots of budhets. Absolutely no EAH at Target or Wal-Mart. Very sad :(

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Voltageous
  • Voltage!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toybox
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2017, 10:34:08 AM »
I went to a Walmart in another city and the had like 7-10 slim box budget dolls squished on a shelf and that was it. This was after the reset too.

Main Wishlist* Dolly Wishlist*LPS Wishlist*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone in Rocky Balboa. "Live long and prosper."

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »
I went to a Walmart in another city and the had like 7-10 slim box budget dolls squished on a shelf and that was it. This was after the reset too.
This is exactly how my local store is now set up, too.  :cry:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »

Even Barbie's shelf space has been shrinking. She used to get a whole side of the aisle but now she shares it with some other doll brands. But hey at least finally the Series 2 Minis been appearing more places.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2017, 04:38:29 PM »

Even Barbie's shelf space has been shrinking. She used to get a whole side of the aisle but now she shares it with some other doll brands. But hey at least finally the Series 2 Minis been appearing more places.

Here Barbie has the same amount of shelf space that she's always had: Half an aisle at Walmart and a full side of an aisle at Target.

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2017, 05:57:35 PM »

Here Barbie has the same amount of shelf space that she's always had: Half an aisle at Walmart and a full side of an aisle at Target.

OT: MOOOOOOOSSSS!

Back on topic:
Barbie's aisle is the same in all the stores here, too. Except Big W. Big W's aisle has expanded their Barbie range so that it now fills the space MH and EAH used to take up.

Edit to add:
Oh, and Target. It's hard to gauge whether their Barbie aisle is bigger or smaller because they did a full reset recently. The shelves are all shorter so that adults can see over the top now, and there are no gaps in between the "length" anymore for you to cross through to the next aisle.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:59:57 PM by Lhianneth »

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2017, 07:47:28 PM »
I only caught a glimpse last time I went to Walmart but I think it had the cheap dolls with bendable knees and stiff arms like Gigi and they oddly still had the 6 pack of original ghouls.
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2017, 12:04:26 AM »
UPDATE!

Checked Target's new layout and found Gooliope on clearance for $20 (usually $45 or something? has been lingering at $35 for months). The only other doll they had was the hair styling Frankie. And they had about twenty of her......

The Reject Shop has a few of the cheap moulded-top cheerleading dolls and a slew of Frightmares. Big W had the same variety as ever (reboot dolls: Electified, Dance the Fright Away, new basic/sigs and a few budget dolls, no EAH), but was moved to a smaller and more condensed section. TRU has eliminated all of their Fightfully Tall dolls (I found one Draculaura, on clearance for $20 and quickly nabbed her). The only other dolls they had were the Scream & Sugar set, Iris, Kala, Pearl and Peri, one Ghouls Getaway Jane, a couple of SW Draculauras, ONE Farrah, and a handful of "clearance" (at $60) WTW Raven playsets. None of the others were marked as clearance, but were about $5 off.

KMart had no sign of MH, EAH or even DCSHG. :(

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Voltageous
  • Voltage!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toybox
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2017, 07:29:09 AM »

Our newer Walmart finally reset and they have those cheap molded budget dolls, the bus, Dracul family playset, leftover Electrified regular boxed dolls reduced to $14.88 and spots for the family sets and the little sisters. I wonder if Walmart will drop MH next year like they dropped EAH. Our Target also dropped it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:08:35 AM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist* Dolly Wishlist*LPS Wishlist*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone in Rocky Balboa. "Live long and prosper."

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2017, 07:42:22 AM »
I don't think we got anything else besides Treesa and Fairy Twyla at our Target, and our TRU is a joke.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline taffeta

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2017, 09:27:01 AM »
This is maybe me overthinking it, but I think MH has been relegated in the UK consciousness from collectable to toy for the time being. The Toy collector fair I go to a couple of times a year usually has a lot of MH stuff, but this time there was only a skeleton stock of MIP (heh) on the stall that usually has a lot of MIP - basically common EAH and MH they hadn't sold yet - and no dedicated stalls. I only saw one stall with an actual small display of them, but they had more in a tub under the desk for kids, and again, nothing of any interest really - played with and misdressed dolls and mostly common. Otherwise I saw odd ones here and there on stalls of other things.

On the positive, that implies that they might start appearing more at other second hand sales like carboots, flea markets, thrift stores, charity shops and at a cheaper price for a while. I certainly saw a stall like that at the last big bank holiday carboot I went to, where I got Scarah and company in May. Unfortunately my trip means that I won't get to go to the next one on Monday :/ never mind.

I also saw a random and very old Scaremeister Gigi appear in B&M which was unexpected to say the least.

I think MH is definitely going through the transition. Without meaning to offend anyone collecting from new in store, it's like it's gone through the caterpillar phase of 'kids toy' in the store aisles, and now it's going into the pupae form where it will be dormant for a bit. And, ultimately, it will become the 'butterfly' of a future collectable...but it may take some time before the transition between in-store-now collectable and retired-but-desired collectable happens...and we probably have to go through a spell of 'no longer cool' before it does.

我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2017, 05:26:13 AM »
Just stopped in to the Walmart near where I work and all they had were the budgety fearleading dolls.  No space set aside for newer stuff, looks like DCSHG took that over.  I don't know if this means they won't get the newer playline dolls like Garden Ghouls or not.  I'm glad now that I ordered sig look 'Deen and Cleo from Target.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2017, 11:29:32 AM »
We have Electrified, First Day of School wave 1 (give me my Cleo already, grrrr!), ridiculously overpriced Shriek Wrecked and Party Ghouls + Party Hair Lala.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2017, 04:39:06 PM »
Tonight I had the opportunity to stop at a different Walmart.  They had Electrified on clearance for $7, and I really wanted to like Cleo, but those eyes and that dress just don't do anything for me.  I was tempted to get Lala too with the neon hair, but decided against it.

They too had the budgety Fearleading dolls, but in addition they had some Emoji ones, the Monster Family siblings (just couldn't bring myself to get them, too blah for me), the bus, and the playset with Lala & Dracula.  But at $40 for it, I couldn't justify buying it just for her dad.  Especially if he's not articulated.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2017, 11:01:34 PM »
It's grim at my two local Walmarts. Had nothing the super-budget dolls, and JUST the Deluxe Electrified dolls on the shelves. Everything else was marked to 50% in the clearance.

Ours literally just has the molded-clothes budget ones. Nothing else at all. So sad to see!

Offline Shenanigans

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
All my Wal-Mart has is the budget dolls and the new family dolls. I'm glad to see a few newer dolls but the MH aisle is practically no more! :(

Offline Catsiy

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2017, 05:04:57 AM »
The Mh section of the stores around here are so tiny. Even with the resets of target and walmart there is barely anything but the cheap dolls.

Funny thing I walked by the Mh section the other day and a little girl was looking at the dolls and she had shriekwrecked catrine in her hand and was saying 'I want the dolls that move like this one..' meaning the articulation.  I feel ya girl. We all do. Even little kids care about the cheapness
I've got stuff to trade! Take a look!
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,11341.0.html

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2017, 07:14:10 AM »
The Mh section of the stores around here are so tiny. Even with the resets of target and walmart there is barely anything but the cheap dolls.

Funny thing I walked by the Mh section the other day and a little girl was looking at the dolls and she had shriekwrecked catrine in her hand and was saying 'I want the dolls that move like this one..' meaning the articulation.  I feel ya girl. We all do. Even little kids care about the cheapness

It's not that kids don't like articulation but that parents were tired of having to replace the doll when the joints snapped or the arms got lost. I've seen so many broken or missing an arm or two MH dolls while thrifting. That's probably why DCSHG are more popular now. They are just as jointed and sturdy enough to handle rough play.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.