collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: What are you working on? Community WIP post & chat!  (Read 4555 times)

Offline SilkSpun

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Vampire Slayer
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
What are you working on? Community WIP post & chat!
« on: July 30, 2013, 12:42:54 AM »
I thought it would be fun to start a thread where everyone could talk about whatever they're working on, in whatever stage of the process. Kind of nice for when you don't quite feel like a WIP step is momentous enough to make a new thread, lol.

To start things off, here's my first MH rehair I've been working on...

She's rerooted with brushed-and-straightened microfiber acrylic yarn, which takes FOREVER... I've been working on her for hours and hours for three days straight. :whoa: She's really close to being done though, and then I can glue in her hair and brush out that frizz!

So, what are you working on? ^.^ Feel free to brainstorm, ask for help, or discuss ideas, too!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
  • Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
Re: What are you working on? Community WIP post & chat!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 12:52:47 AM »
Shes going to be stunning when shes done! Operetta is one of those ghouls in my bait box waiting on a redo, but I just can't seem to settle on a style for her.

Currently I have going:

*2 commissions for glass eyed ghouls; I have to set eyes in one, and do some paint work, plus set the eyes, and reroot the other
*Finish a re root on the ghost girl CAM
*Finish prepping the next batch of ghouls who will be getting glass eyes. I have plans for another witch, cat, mummy, gorgon, werewolf, dragon, harpy, bee, and the siren. (All of which will be up for sale in my etsy shop soon!)

The three ghouls I just finished up are for sale in my shop too if anyone is interested! (link in my sig!)

Offline Sparrowberries

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Little English Sparrow
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 01:41:32 AM »
That hair is just -gorgeous- on Opie! It looks so soft - and easy to style. Do you have a particular method you use for preparing that yarn for rooting? c:

Cate -Can't wait to see more glass-eyed ghouls! I love how much personality you give them. Yours are some of my all time favourite customs~
Want some original, personalised art of your favourite OC or doll? I am OPEN for trades! PM me for more information!
~ My Tumblr ~
~ My Art Thread ~
~ My Wants/Trades/Swaps List ~
~ My Flickr ~

Offline mermaid_splash

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Creeperific
  • Merzombie argh!
    • View Profile
    • Mermaid's Pop Shop
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 05:41:47 AM »
And this is why I need you to do the reroot of my doll!  Gah that hair looks amazing!

I'm working on finishing up Skelita's sister, will be done today or tomorrow.

Starting some AiW themed girls this weekend starting with the Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, and Alice.  Hopefully my face-ups and hair removal won't be too grueling.  Sometimes I just can't get the dang hair out! 

Visit my etsy for MH, MLP, and upcycled jewelry
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MermaidsPopShop

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 06:06:45 AM »
Making hair plugs... lots and lots of hair plugs. I'm going to reroot a Clawdeen in blue (along with other colors of course) and then faunabays Spectra in a mauve pink. Once I get my hair order I will start on hair for two other commissions. Oh, and I'm wrapping up a Lagoona done in blues. That's about it for now!

Mermaid- AiW you say??? I can't wait to see those!
I am looking for a Slo Mo and almost ANY custom clothing from Ghoulia's Closet!
Interested in a re-root? Have extra shoes to sell? Do you own any Ghoulia's Closet custom clothing you want to sell? PM me!!
Sales
Tumblr
Deviant Art~MLP Commissions Are CLOSED~

Offline Dorriebelle

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
    • Dorriebelle's Doll Diaries
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 08:29:38 AM »

I ordered three sets of large bleachers and a podium from Etsy's Monster Mini Customs in June, got them in mid-July, and have been working on getting them sanded and ready for painting off and on. Once that's done, nearly all my dolls will be able to sit down, and hopefully not get knocked over every time the cat decides to hop in the window, or I hit my desk with an awkward knee.

I'm also trying to alter a pattern from Dressing Dolls by Charlene Davis Roth. It's a 'lounging pajama' outfit that I want to craft into a sort of jumpsuit, but 1) the original's for Barbie. 2) the closure is at the shoulder straps, and 3) it has the worst. inseam. ever. At the rate I'm going, I might as well have done it from scratch, but the next version may be the charm !

Love your re-root, SilkSpun ! She's already gorgeous, can't wait to see her finished ! Looking forward to seeing more new hair, bright eyes, faceups, and AiW dolls soon !

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Boy Doll Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • thatRavie
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 11:27:49 AM »
I'm working on my Mummy girl and waiting to receive a Catrine for a commission, waiting on hair for my other sea monster girl.

Offline mermaid_splash

• Creeperific
  • Merzombie argh!
    • View Profile
    • Mermaid's Pop Shop
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »
Making hair plugs... lots and lots of hair plugs. I'm going to reroot a Clawdeen in blue (along with other colors of course) and then faunabays Spectra in a mauve pink. Once I get my hair order I will start on hair for two other commissions. Oh, and I'm wrapping up a Lagoona done in blues. That's about it for now!

Mermaid- AiW you say??? I can't wait to see those!

Lol!  I do!  Love AiW.  have a really great mock up in my head for a mad hatter and Alice.  I have an outfit planned for the Queen of Hearts but still need some inspiration for the rest :)

Offline SilkSpun

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Vampire Slayer
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »
Thank you for the nice comments on my reroot so far, everyone! <33

Sparrowberries - I don't have a tutorial transcribed anywhere else, but I have one on the MLP Arena - If you don't have an account I don't think you can view the pictures, but you can read it! You basically just slowly brush out yarn with a pet brush, then run a hair straightener over it... one single strand at a time... over and over until your arm falls off... :P

mermaid - yes yay! I first had her in pink & yellow for a "pink lemonade" color scheme, but changed my mind last minute, haha.

Dorriebelle - omg I love Monster Mini Customs. *-* I found them on Etsy just a while ago, their stuff is so cool! (here it is, for anyone else who hasn't seen)

Offline Sparrowberries

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Little English Sparrow
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 02:31:18 PM »
Thank you for the nice comments on my reroot so far, everyone! <33

Sparrowberries - I don't have a tutorial transcribed anywhere else, but I have one on the MLP Arena - If you don't have an account I don't think you can view the pictures, but you can read it! You basically just slowly brush out yarn with a pet brush, then run a hair straightener over it... one single strand at a time... over and over until your arm falls off... :P

mermaid - yes yay! I first had her in pink & yellow for a "pink lemonade" color scheme, but changed my mind last minute, haha.

Dorriebelle - omg I love Monster Mini Customs. *-* I found them on Etsy just a while ago, their stuff is so cool! (here it is, for anyone else who hasn't seen)

I do have an account! The tutorial is super useful, thanks so much c: I will have to give this a try one day.<3
Want some original, personalised art of your favourite OC or doll? I am OPEN for trades! PM me for more information!
~ My Tumblr ~
~ My Art Thread ~
~ My Wants/Trades/Swaps List ~
~ My Flickr ~

Offline clonecommander

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fashion Pack
  • Undersized clone commander at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »
I have two actual WIPs, one of which is a present for a friend. She is the daughter of the Chimera. She got her lips resculptred but I need pics of them.

Profile of head-

My other custom is a dragon girl CaM whose getting horns, a tail, a full body scale job and more. She has a name already, Drakona, but is still in need of a good last name. She is the daughter of the European Dragon.

Profile of head-

Close-up of face-

Got clones? I've got over one hundred... How many do you have?

"I'm not short, I'm compact!"

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
    • Mistakenolive's Wall o' Stuff on Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »
Too much, that's what I've been working on  :dazed: Ya'll know about Manny, and altered Abbey and Draculaura, and I have been working on my Naga, albeit not so often. I have an underwraps custom I've been working a considerable amount on, and it's getting closer to the point I want to reveal it.

Clonecommander, that's really cool! I like the design of the chimera.
♥♡♥

Offline kaskurgi

• Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
    • ...Stuffs & Thingies Sims Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 07:39:43 AM »
I have a CAM Lab Witch that I cut an eye socket into (inspired by Cate). However I am having a hard time finding an eye that will fit. I can provide pictures. I just don't have any measuring tape or a ruler on hand LOL tax free weekend is coming up for school supplies in Virginia this weekend so I will be getting a bunch-o-goodies :O And I can't do any rerooting atm and painting is even iffy until my finger heals up some. Swelling is going down though so soon! :D

Need List | Sales List

Offline mascarah

• Resident Banshee
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »

Ugh, her cotton candy hair is incredible. :love: nom nom nom

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• MIB Signature Lagoona
  • Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 06:46:38 PM »
I have a CAM Lab Witch that I cut an eye socket into (inspired by Cate). However I am having a hard time finding an eye that will fit. I can provide pictures. I just don't have any measuring tape or a ruler on hand LOL tax free weekend is coming up for school supplies in Virginia this weekend so I will be getting a bunch-o-goodies :O And I can't do any rerooting atm and painting is even iffy until my finger heals up some. Swelling is going down though so soon! :D

Are you making her a cyclops? I messed around with a spare head myself trying to cut an eye out and I *think* a 20mm eye may work. I have yet to order one to fit, but based on my guesses and measurements, a 20mm may work..

Offline kaskurgi

• Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
    • ...Stuffs & Thingies Sims Blog
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »
I will try to snag a picture of her later. I have some more sanding and smoothing out I need to do to her eye socket area. I can't get to the store because they have the roads blocked off for our carnival / parade today LOL.

Are you making her a cyclops? I messed around with a spare head myself trying to cut an eye out and I *think* a 20mm eye may work. I have yet to order one to fit, but based on my guesses and measurements, a 20mm may work..

Need List | Sales List

Offline mermaid_splash

• Creeperific
  • Merzombie argh!
    • View Profile
    • Mermaid's Pop Shop
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 03:07:28 PM »
Sanded and glossed all the accessories today, quite the pile up after shoe making.  All the excess resin goes into bracelet or headband molds :)

I'd say pardon the mess, but its always like that!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• MIB Signature Lagoona
  • Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 01:24:07 PM »
Heres an old project that I finally started back up while I'm waiting on other things to dry...

Howlette Wolf - WIP by Cate_Dartfinger, on Flickr

I started rehairing this Howleen with this yarn probably 5 months ago, and I was going to leave it un brushed. It looked like dreads, which was kind of cool, but I just couldn't figure out a good look for her with them. I dug her head out of my junk drawer a few nights back, and started back up on her. Still got a few plugs to fill and have to thatch the part line, but I think shes cute! I do need to touch up her eyes some too, the 'shine line' is way bigger on one eye.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Boy Doll Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • thatRavie
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 01:46:14 PM »
I currently have three projects 'in the works' as it were; meaning I've at least started them. My goblin witch girl has had her ears removed her head prepped and painted, I just need to sew in the extra plastic; meanwhile I'm also rying to get my Puma rooted so he can go get turned into something else and while his first stage hair is drying, I'm going to be prepping my sea monster sister's head for rooting now that her hair is in. I'll probably finish her before the goblin witch because she's been waiting for ages now. but puma will be finished before any of them XD

Offline vero14_70

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
I'm trying to do a tuxedo for a vampire create-a-monster.
Technically the pant fit thought I didn't add any attach yet to keep them closed at the back.
Now I need to check to do the shirt and jacket. (all part of a suit)

To do list:
I want to do shoes (I bought sculpey bake & bend, to see if they will look like the real shoes)
Some dresses to my others dolls