collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

June 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 [26] 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Experience partially rooting a doll? (adding more plugs, not removing any)  (Read 916 times)

Offline SilkSpun

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Vampire Slayer
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
I bought a Dance Class Lagoona recently, and wound up really disappointed with the rooting on her hair... They filled in her front hairline and part okay, but the entire rest of her head is like THIS:

I was mega disappointed when I deboxed her, because she's the first MH doll I've bought to just keep for myself AS A DOLL, not for custom work... :eesh:

I'd like to take a matching color of blonde dollyhair and fill in her bald spots with a reroot tool, but I've never done reroot work on a doll that already has hair and glue in place. I'm worried about not being able to glue the new plugs in properly if there's already dried glue blocking their path...

So, should I do a partial rooting like I'd planned, or is it better to fully reroot her entire head? Any help or experience is really appreciated!

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
I had a similar problem with my RM Frankie. I just took the hair and punched the new holes in. I didn't worry about the existing glue or anything. It hasn't been an issue for me.

Offline SilkSpun

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Vampire Slayer
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
I had a similar problem with my RM Frankie. I just took the hair and punched the new holes in. I didn't worry about the existing glue or anything. It hasn't been an issue for me.
Nice! Did you remove her head and glue the new plugs in place, too, or just leave them as-is? How firmly did they stay in place?

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
I just left her as-is and gave her some new plugs. I haven't had any problems with her.

Offline mermaid_splash

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Creeperific
  • Merzombie argh!
    • View Profile
    • Mermaid's Pop Shop
Ditto that.  Be careful about forcing and snapping your needle though.  I've found that the glue is thicker and harder in some areas inside the head than others.
Visit my etsy for MH, MLP, and upcycled jewelry
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MermaidsPopShop