collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 56
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: What little things have you done to improve your dolls?  (Read 4743 times)

Offline 8BrickMario

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: What little things have you done to improve your dolls?
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 09:34:56 AM »
With my GA Honey, I thought she really lacked the southern-belle influence, but I figured out how to make her a fancy ghoul like she needs to be. Besides gluing down the collar to make it lie flat, I used a piece of an elastic band to glue inside the bodice (no slipping), and I put on her dress without putting her arms in, which transforms it into an elegant strapless number! Wydowna's necklace, Lagoona's tutu as an underskirt, and a couple of bracelets complete the look.  I'm looking for a tasteful belt option, since her dress is so boxy at the moment.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2016, 03:10:50 PM »
Finished modifying my Ari Hauntington this Friday. I gave her lower eyeliner, heavy lashes, darkened & thinned brows, blush to her cheeks, darker lips, removed the corners so she wasn't smiling so much and swapped her body with US Haunted Spectra's.  This pic doesn't do her justice, but I really am liking her now.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 08:58:25 AM »
I rebodied the superior CCC Deuce's head onto the superior G2 body for the perfect combination, and because the lime at the front with his scale gradient annoyed me, I took some acetone (accidentally erasing some of his eyebrows in the process- oops!) and got rid of the lime in the front so it's only on the sides now.

EDIT: With my Scream and Sugar Nefera, I cut off her bangs to expose her widow's peak.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:33:56 PM by 8BrickMario »

Offline Myrcury

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Official Candy Ghoul (says Dfotw!) <3
    • View Profile
    • Myrcury's Toybox
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 02:44:37 AM »
I attempted to give Lorna a new 'do to enhance her cute little sister-ness:

IMG_6003 by Steph S, on Flickr

It could use some work, and I'll redo it less messy eventually, but I like it overall. :)
I also want to give her some freckles, at some point. So I may post her here again later. ^_^
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:46:34 AM by Myrcury »

My Sales *** My Trades *** My Wishlist

I'm a fabric hoarder! Need fabric for making doll clothes? PM me, maybe I can help! :)

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2017, 11:35:58 AM »
With my Scarnival Skelita, I reshaped her legs (I finally figured out that cold water sets it!) to not only remove the warped inward bend of the left thigh, but also to straighten them out and reduce the curved slouch shape they had when she stood fully straight. Now she has a much more natural posture next to the main MH body, and her bones look as though they'd actually fit inside it, too.

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 02:33:58 AM »
I redressed my GA Honey Swamp. And put her hair back up again. Was originally going to use her for a custom, but I got another sig Honey, so I am using that one instead.
Here she is!

I am glad she fits in that dress - it's so lovely, but was a tad too short on the medium sized dolls. Thank goodness for little sister bodies! :D

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• Create a Monster
  • Leader off the Jigglypuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2017, 03:08:57 AM »
I usually try to restyle the hair if I think it needs improvement or just for fun. I've made FDC Toralei have geisha hair which turned out well, brushed out Die-ner Operetta's over gelled flip into a better more natural look, and I plan on perming Peri's hair using pipe cleaners and crimping Pearl's with hot water. I have also hot water permed and crimped some other types of fashion dolls like Barbie and Bratz. The four I'm most proud of are the Barbie with shorter hair that turned into a perfectly round Afro and managed to stay nice and fluffy, Metallic Dance Duo Chloe's Madonna look, Metallic Dance Sasha's crimp, and my black Snap N Play Barbie's crimp that looks like Chaka Khan's hair.
Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck inside a sewer.
Helga: Gee, I don't know. When you think about it, is there really any sewer bigger than the world of professional modeling?
~Oblongs

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 02:27:01 AM »
I just did something that reminded me of this thread. I painted all my Astranova's accessories silver! Except for the ones that were already silver/chrome, lol. Her shoes, her chest piece thing, and also her head magnet! After I painted everything else silver, the blue headpiece stood out in a bad way... As much as I love blue, I decided it'd be better silver and did that too.

I might post pics of her tomorrow, I'm absolutely loving it. I never connected too much to Astranova before, I liked her but she was pretty meh. Now I'm so in love with her.
Also Esbayne on the MLP Arena, PonyIsland, and pretty much everywhere else.

:kitty:

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 08:52:53 AM »
The best improvement I've ever done was to give swords to my Dragon Games dolls. They just look a million times more epic with them.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

After giving Draculaura a body transplant with Bunny Blanc, I converted the spare Bunny into a sleeping Bunny by removing her eye paint and drawing some simple lines on the bottoms of her eyelids

I also gave ShriekWrecked Draculaura a boil perm with straws because her box hair looked nothing like the promo pictures and it was just sad. I saw someone on Tumblr give her a complete haircut with bangs and straight hair and she looks sensational. Oh, I love her so much, I just want to buy an extra one and do this to her... maybe when the prices go down. Here she is. This image is not mine; it belongs to HowleenObsessed on Tumblr
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 09:39:10 AM »
The best improvement I've ever done was to give swords to my Dragon Games dolls. They just look a million times more epic with them.

Are those swords painted cocktail picks?

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• Create a Monster
  • Leader off the Jigglypuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »
I recently made a no sew skirt for Hairstyling Holly that is a lavender colored print fabric and it looks so good on her!
Helga: So I'm not Kate Moss. Big deal.
Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck inside a sewer.
Helga: Gee, I don't know. When you think about it, is there really any sewer bigger than the world of professional modeling?
~Oblongs

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »

They are. I had to paint them with a few layers, but the end result was very nice. To secure them, I just used the clear rubber bands that come in every doll packaging. Never ever cut or throw out those things; you never know when you need them.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline cometcrystal

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
  • Queen of my heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 02:44:46 PM »
I put Maul Monsterista Gigi's dress on Creepateria Cleo, and it's honestly one of my favorite outfit swaps I've ever done.

Offline pinkbird

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 02:59:12 PM »
I put Maul Monsterista Gigi's dress on Creepateria Cleo, and it's honestly one of my favorite outfit swaps I've ever done.

That looks gorgeous! Now I am sure I need a Creepateria Cleo.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »

They are. I had to paint them with a few layers, but the end result was very nice. To secure them, I just used the clear rubber bands that come in every doll packaging. Never ever cut or throw out those things; you never know when you need them.

That is genius.  They look amazing!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 05:16:47 PM »
My Astranova now that I've painted her accessories. (Ignore the mess... I know the room is messy. We're moving soon.)

Also Esbayne on the MLP Arena, PonyIsland, and pretty much everywhere else.

:kitty:

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 05:24:51 PM »
Silver suits Pinky. I was thinking of repainting just the helmet for either when I get one, but all of them silver looks great, too.

I don't blame you! Argh, I wish that pack/Gigi/dress wasn't so hard to come by- she looks amazing, and suits the style much better than Gigi.

I also gave ShriekWrecked Draculaura a boil perm with straws because her box hair looked nothing like the promo pictures and it was just sad. I saw someone on Tumblr give her a complete haircut with bangs and straight hair and she looks sensational. Oh, I love her so much, I just want to buy an extra one and do this to her... maybe when the prices go down. Here she is.

I think it might be easier to just get another reboot Drac with those bangs- just do an outfit swap.  But by all means, if you want to do the makeover, go ahead. I'd like to see the results.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:51:38 PM by 8BrickMario »

Offline itzelery

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Monster Hunter
  • you ought to be its
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »

I also gave ShriekWrecked Draculaura a boil perm with straws because her box hair looked nothing like the promo pictures and it was just sad. I saw someone on Tumblr give her a complete haircut with bangs and straight hair and she looks sensational. Oh, I love her so much, I just want to buy an extra one and do this to her... maybe when the prices go down. Here she is.

I think it might be easier to just get another reboot Drac with those bangs- just do an outfit swap.  But by all means, if you want to do the makeover, go ahead. I'd like to see the results.

This $10 semi-articulated Draculaura looks just like that customized one and you could probably do a head swap! Although it would cost you extra... ^^; Unless you want to switch between heads, heh.