collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 7
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: What BJD clothing and shoes fit MH and EAH?  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Sarkans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
What BJD clothing and shoes fit MH and EAH?
« on: October 21, 2016, 06:36:44 AM »
Hello everyone!
Um, really in need of help from BJD owners.
BJD are known for having very detailed clothing and, um, footwear which are like human things. (I know this phrase is very lame but can't say better).
I am curious to know what BJD clothing and shoes can fit MH&EAH dolls, including 17" ones, Marisol, Nefera, Skelita, collector Draculaura and will be thankful for tips/recommendations :)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: What BJD clothing and shoes fit MH and EAH?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:53:17 AM »
  As far as clothing goes, I cannot help you.  Most BJDs have drastically different body proportions from MH and EAH dolls.
  Tinies(1:6 scale BJDs) are designed to look like children.  They have much thicker proportions than standard MH/EAH dolls, and wider and shorter torsos than the 17" dolls.
  Mature tinies are closer to Barbie size, so their clothing would be too big for standard MH/EAH girls, but might fit the 17" dolls.  This is also an uncommon BJD scale and it can be quite difficult to find clothing in this size in the first place.
  MSDs have wider, more realistic proportions than the 17" dolls.  All of my MSD clothing is positively ginormous on my 17" ghouls.  They're the same height, but not the same size at all.

You might be able to find specialty clothing designed for Doll Chateau dolls, or other dolls with similarly exaggerated proportions, that can fit MH/EAH dolls.  But in general, it's not very likely that you're going to find BJD clothing that fits.

There are numerous artists on Etsy who create elaborate and detailed pieces specifically for MH and EAH dolls.  That would probably be a better option than buying expensive BJD clothing that probably won't fit.

I can, however, help you with the shoes. 
  The 17" ghouls' feet are 5cm in length, the same as your average MSD girl.  So even though their feet are in that exaggerated arched position, they're actually the perfect length for most MSD shoes with a 5.5cm or 6cm inner length.  My own Gooliope is currently wearing a pair of Dollmore BJD boots and they look amazing on her.
  Standard MH/EAH dolls have a 3cm foot length, which is just slightly smaller than your average YoSD/Tiny (3.5cm).
  The trick is choosing shoes which either have an arch that matches the arch of the doll's foot, or have a tall upper which conceals an imperfect fit.  This works extremely well for the 17" dolls as there are plenty of MSD shoes with large heels or tall uppers, but may pose a problem for the standard dolls as most YoSD shoes are designed to look like kids' shoes and are not typically heeled at all. 
  I recommend searching eBay for MSD boots and shoes (one of my favorite sellers is dollmansion2008), or checking out shops like Alice's Collections, wamami, or Nine9 Style.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:19:13 AM by SaelaVe »

Offline Sarkans

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 10:04:40 AM »
Dear SaelaVe, thanks so much for your extremely helpful post! :)
Yes, I had been thinking that BJDs are not as skinny as MH and EAH are but due to their wide diversity there was hope.

This is great that at least some footwear fits. I don't have Gulliope or any of FTG ghouls yet because I was afraid they would have nothing to wear except the outfits and shoes they'd come wearing.

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 10:11:49 PM »
Confirming everything SaelaVe has said, but adding that I just picked up some shoes on ebay that were marked as being "YoSD" size. They fit reasonably well on the normal body and allow the doll to stand on her own, provided one foot is "flat". The other can be posed as you like.

YoSD Shoes by Lhia, on Flickr

Detail by Lhia, on Flickr

As mentioned, this trick only works with boots or high-tops that hide the ankle and arch of the foot from view. It also helps to have socks on the doll so their feet don't slip around as much inside the shoe (the socks take up room and cushion the foot from what I can tell). This particular style is all over Taobao, ebay and Aliexpress when you look for YoSD shoes.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:20:30 PM »
Sarkans, I'd add that I've been raiding my Barbie stuff for dressing my 17" MH Ghouls. The tops generally fit, and things that have a fitted bodice and a flared skirt work.

I've got Gooliope in a Barbie wedding dress that looks like a sweet dress for afternoon tea on her...looks great with her skelly-horse shoes, and I added a tiara and some beautiful pink earrings a friend made for me.

My Elissabat is wearing a white ballgown with purple embroidery I picked up in an ebay lot...it's similar to the inexpensive Barbie ballgowns available on ebay from some Asian sellers.

17" Clawdeen has a dress that I bought the Barbie just so she could have the dress, lol. But right now she's got some dark grey custom 'leather' skinny pants plus a pink Barbie tshirt and an orange Barbie or similar hoodie.

I also got a 2016 Holiday Barbie on clearance at Target, for the beautiful blue sueded ballgown and a very intriguing plastic bodice piece that's connected stars. Wasn't worth the $40 regular price, but OK at $12.

SO...for the 17" dolls don't overlook Barbie! I know the BJD clothes are frequently amazing, but these Barbie fancy dresses make very nice wardrobe additions, with the right styling.

SaelaVe & Lhianneth, very helpful shoe/boot info and thanks for the pics!
Lisa
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Sarkans

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:29:27 AM »
Thank you Lhianneth, the shoes are very pretty! Is this Maddie wearing them?
Thank you DogMom. :) Barbie's clothes are quite easy to find, and they're not as expensive as BJD's ones but may be almost equally "real". Also congratulations with 2016 Holiday Barbie African-American doll! Do you like her? I've laid my eyes on her but... $65+ and never stayed to clearance here :/