collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: SaelaVe's Customs (Update: Barbie repaint on pg 3 [04/30/17])  (Read 5884 times)

Offline Takalah

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Re: Gellian Montagoo (Finally complete!)
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 07:35:04 PM »
She looks fantastic!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: SaelaVe's Customs (New: Aubrey Darksong on pg 2)
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 09:33:04 AM »
I have completed another Frightfully Tall Ghoul.  This is Aubrey Darksongborne, my dark elf Elissabat.
Her face-up has been modified (I darkened her eyebrows and upper eyelids, repainted her eyes from fuchsia to red, and painted over her fangs), her hair has been boil-washed and cut, and I made her a custom top and skirt.

I really wanted to give her elongated elf ears, but both of my attempts at sculpting ears for her were a bust.  It's still something that I'd like to do for her one day, but I think that she looks good enough for now. :)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 02:39:08 PM by SaelaVe »
:brr: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :brr:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline Glowa

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • GlowA's Instagram
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »
She looks amazing!!! I love her short hair and that outfit w/ the boots!!! Perfect!

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 07:13:44 PM »
Oooh! She's fantastic! And that outfit is so great!

I'm curious, how tall do the shoes make her next to other "normal" FT MH dolls? Are they appreciably higher in the platform or heel?

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »
Thank you, Glowa and Lhia. ^.^

I'm curious, how tall do the shoes make her next to other "normal" FT MH dolls? Are they appreciably higher in the platform or heel?

They actually don't raise her up that much at all.  I stood her up next to Frankie and Draculaura (who are both wearing their stock shoes) and she's only about 1.5cm taller than them in her boots.  So it definitely raises her up a bit, but not by a lot.
:brr: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :brr:

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 03:18:47 AM »
Beautiful work! I'm in love with her clothes! Also her hair looks amazing!
For her ears maybe you can cheat a bit and come up with some earings like the ones that were put on Cerise Wolf. The shape and sculpting creates the illusion of wolf ears, and it might be less complicated than direct sculpting
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Sirenamber

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Oooh shiny pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »
Ooooh crisp! Wicked work!!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »
Thank you very much, nassib and Sirenamber. ^.^

For her ears maybe you can cheat a bit and come up with some earings like the ones that were put on Cerise Wolf. The shape and sculpting creates the illusion of wolf ears, and it might be less complicated than direct sculpting

I had thought about trying something along those lines, but wasn't sure how best to go about it. 
Maybe I could use a pair of Frankie or Draculaura's earrings and sculpt onto them?  I'm not sure how to give the ears an earring post. :huh:

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2017, 02:51:05 PM »
Thank you very much, nassib and Sirenamber. ^.^

I had thought about trying something along those lines, but wasn't sure how best to go about it. 
Maybe I could use a pair of Frankie or Draculaura's earrings and sculpt onto them?  I'm not sure how to give the ears an earring post. :huh:

Just to be clear, I think she looks amazing as she is, I'm just coming up with suggestions based on your pointy ears comments ^^U
I think that given her size maybe she can use actual people earrings. Kids got plastic earrings in small sizes that might help. Or make ear clips

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Refuse to Dance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Isolt
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 11:27:32 AM »
This makes me wants to make my own dark elf version of Elissabat. Been wanting to make another FT Elissabat custom for a while. Mine will be inspired by yours if that is okay. :)
My Ghouls: Princess Isabella, Queen Mio, Mairin, Dione, CÚline, Ruin, Adabella, Smet, Lala, Morgance, Frankie, Caterine, Sophiane,Thaddeus, Clawd, Deuce, Roch,Abbey, Nixie, Cupid, Skelita,Serigala, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Miette, Mignonette, Elo´ne, Operetta, Robecca, Conwenna, Venus,Ghoulia, Lolita,Nephthys, Circe, Isolt, Ilona, Persephone, Hecate, Kesare, Triveni and more

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »

Just to be clear, I think she looks amazing as she is, I'm just coming up with suggestions based on your pointy ears comments ^^U
I think that given her size maybe she can use actual people earrings. Kids got plastic earrings in small sizes that might help. Or make ear clips

Well thank you very much. ^.^

I just feel like there's nothing about her that reads "elf" right now, you know?  (I guess the red eyes do give away that she's not human. lol)
She does technically have pointed ears already, they're just completely hidden by her hair. :P

And thank you so much for the advice!  Those are both amazing ideas!  I think the elf ear clips would work perfectly.  I'm going to have to search through my craft supplies and see if I have small gauge wire.

This makes me wants to make my own dark elf version of Elissabat. Been wanting to make another FT Elissabat custom for a while. Mine will be inspired by yours if that is okay. :)

That is absolutely okay!  I'm excited to see yours! :D 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:41:20 AM by SaelaVe »

Offline Refuse to Dance

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Isolt
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »

Well thank you very much. ^.^

I just feel like there's nothing about her that reads "elf" right now, you know?  (I guess the red eyes do give away that she's not human. lol)
She does technically have pointed ears already, they're just completely hidden by her hair. :P

And thank you so much for the advice!  Those are both amazing ideas!  I think the elf ear clips would work perfectly.  I'm going to have to search through my craft supplies and see if I have small gauge wire.

I was thinking of calling her Morel (gloom/Darkness/night +female) or Morguleth (Black Magic/ Necromancy+female) and giving her a similar hairstyle to Aubrey and the red eyes that seems normal for a dark elf, plus under eye markings down her cheeks like Sylvanas Windrunner from WoW. What do you think?
My Ghouls: Princess Isabella, Queen Mio, Mairin, Dione, CÚline, Ruin, Adabella, Smet, Lala, Morgance, Frankie, Caterine, Sophiane,Thaddeus, Clawd, Deuce, Roch,Abbey, Nixie, Cupid, Skelita,Serigala, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Miette, Mignonette, Elo´ne, Operetta, Robecca, Conwenna, Venus,Ghoulia, Lolita,Nephthys, Circe, Isolt, Ilona, Persephone, Hecate, Kesare, Triveni and more

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 03:30:45 PM »

I was thinking of calling her Morel (gloom/Darkness/night +female) or Morguleth (Black Magic/ Necromancy+female) and giving her a similar hairstyle to Aubrey and the red eyes that seems normal for a dark elf, plus under eye markings down her cheeks like Sylvanas Windrunner from WoW. What do you think?

Ooo, I think that sounds like a fantastic idea!  Especially with the Sylvanas/Night Elf facial markings. 
And I love the name Morel! <3

I've completed another 17" custom doll, this time a Barbie rather than a ghoul.

Her name is Lori Winters.  Her irises have been darkened and her lips lightened.  Her eye makeup has been changed from shades of pink to shades of brown.  And her blush has been removed.

I also cut her hair, removed the purple plugs along her part line, and painted her fingernails.

I lost the light today and couldn't photograph her full outfit; but I'll post full-body pics as soon as I can get outside for a shoot.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:50:39 AM by SaelaVe »

Offline Refuse to Dance

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Isolt
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Re: SaelaVe's Customs (New: Aubrey Darksong & Lori Winters on pg 2)
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 02:09:11 PM »

Ooo, I think that sounds like a fantastic idea!  Especially with the Sylvanas/Night Elf facial markings. 
And I love the name Morel! <3

I've completed another 17" custom doll, this time a Barbie rather than a ghoul.

Her name is Lori Winters.  Her irises have been darkened and her lips lightened.  Her eye makeup has been changed from shades of pink to shades of brown.  And her blush has been removed.

I also cut her hair, removed the purple plugs along her part line, and painted her fingernails.

17" Endless Hair Kingdom Barbie Face-up by SaelaVe, on Flickr

I lost the light today and couldn't photograph her full outfit; but I'll post full-body pics as soon as I can get outside for a shoot.

Morel Mythiril will be her name, Mythiril being after a friend of mine whose character was called Fire Princess Mythiril who passed away a few years back.

Are you going to make Aubrey a Cloak to go with her wardrobe? I love her dress.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Re: SaelaVe's Customs (New: Aubrey Darksong & Lori Winters on pg 2)
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 03:16:27 PM »

Morel Mythiril will be her name, Mythiril being after a friend of mine whose character was called Fire Princess Mythiril who passed away a few years back.

Are you going to make Aubrey a Cloak to go with her wardrobe? I love her dress.

Oh I like that name a lot.  And the inspiration behind it is so sweet.

I was actually thinking about making a sort of hooded cloak/poncho for Aubrey.  I thought that that would finish off her outfit nicely.
And thank you. ^.^

As a side note, I decided to change Aubrey's surname from Darksong to Darkborne.  I dunno, "Aubrey Darkborne" has a nicer ring to it.  And Darksong didn't really fit her personality very well considering that she isn't musically-inclined in the slightest.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:47:07 PM by SaelaVe »

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Re: SaelaVe's Customs (New: Aubrey Darkborne & Lori Winters on pg 2)
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05:02 AM »
I finally got around to photographing Lori's complete outfit. ^^;

I got a little lazy with the jacket.  I didn't feel like sewing a brand new coat or blouse for her, so I just added some buttons to a Ken Fashionistas coat and called it a day. XD

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:51:06 AM by SaelaVe »

Offline Scarlett

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2017, 12:28:10 AM »
She looks great - i love the yellow of her outfit with the dark tone of her skin and hair.  And she wears glasses!  So cool!

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »
Lori looks awesome! Love the yellow...is the handbag one of the keychains from Target?

Where is the ice cream/food truck from?

Niiiiiice! Thanks for sharing!
Lisa
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »
She looks great - i love the yellow of her outfit with the dark tone of her skin and hair.  And she wears glasses!  So cool!

Thank you so much. ^.^

Lori looks awesome! Love the yellow...is the handbag one of the keychains from Target?

Where is the ice cream/food truck from?

Niiiiiice! Thanks for sharing!
Lisa

It is!  I love those little keychain/coinpurse things!  Every time I see a new one I pick it up for my dolls. :biggrin:

The truck is an Our Generation Sweet Stop Ice Cream Truck.  Isn't it perfect for her?  I've become somewhat obsessed with Our Generation stuff for my 17" dolls. heehee

Thank you so much.  I'm so glad that you like it. ^.^

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: SaelaVe\'s Customs (New: Aubrey Darkborne & Lori Winters on pg 2)
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »
I THOUGHT it was the Our Generation truck!! Been lusting after that one. Yup, alot of the OG stuff is nice for 16-18 inchers.

I got two Target keychain handbags, a purple and a bronze, plus a bronze for a friend. And a little round zipper case in pale pink with black trim that will be a suitcase/hatbox for my Rochelle Goyles.

The yellow is very Spring-ish. Daffodils!
Lisa

Post Merge: February 07, 2017, 03:45:38 PM

BTW where did Lori's boots come from? Love them! Will they also work with 17" MH??
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 03:45:38 PM by DogMom »
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis