collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: Stiff Joints in New Lines?  (Read 700 times)

Offline RowanMcInish

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Bad Box Hair
  • I see a bad moon on the rise.
    • View Profile
Stiff Joints in New Lines?
« on: August 12, 2016, 08:28:55 PM »
I don't know if this is the result of unlucky draws when I've gone shopping, or if it's more common-place.

I've recently acquired both the "Monstrous Rivals" and "Sugar and Scream" two-packs, and every single doll is in possession of some of the stiffest joints I've ever encountered! They're not completely immovable, but it takes some work to get any of them to sit down - especially Draculaura and Nefera. In fact, had I not found Draculaura's hips and knees so resistant, I might have passed it off as how tight Moanica's and Nefera's clothes are, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Mind you, I don't mind a doll that will hold a pose! It just seems odd that I've never encountered this particular issue with any of the lines released in 2015, and being that these dolls come from two new, separate lines, it makes me wonder if this is going to be a trend for the coming lines and reboot dolls.

I admit, I may have missed something, somewhere, that would explain this, but I've yet to find it.

TL;DR - Are the new dolls really stiff, or is it just me?
"On your way to grandmother's house and lo and behold, who should you meet but the big bad wolf~" - Quentin Collins

Offline Firecracker

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
Re: Stiff Joints in New Lines?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 08:37:46 PM »
I have a shriekwrecked catrine and her joints are also really stiff.  Same thing with my girlfriend's Beast pet draculaura, the knees and hips are especially terrible.  I really don't mind the dolls being more durable, I just wish it didn't have to come with such stiff posing.

Offline misskindle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Re: Stiff Joints in New Lines?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:11:16 AM »
Didn't they change the size and mold of the pegs for the legs and arms? Maybe that's why.