collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Complete MH Fierce Rockers!! <3 + glue info  (Read 1339 times)

Offline akirafay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
Complete MH Fierce Rockers!! <3 + glue info
« on: August 10, 2016, 05:34:13 AM »
I finally, finally got the whole Fierce Rockers set. I had to order them from UK but still got them really cheap. And now they're home. <3 And they are SO GORGEOUS! I loved all of the dolls, so this is the first set I decided to get - them being sold in 2 and 3 pack kinda simplified that. ^^;

Anyway! My first impressions are just so good! This is easily my favourite MH line (right after Haunted). The make-up is really contrastive and colorful, the clothes are gorgeous and there are plenty of accessories. The 2-pack even includes stands! The boxes are also beautiful and I am definitely gonna keep them - the art is gorgeous. My absolute favourite out of them is probably Venus or Jinafire; Clawdeen was initially not my favourite of the line but in person, she is just so beautiful. I really love all of them, though! <3

The only thing I kinda regret is that Catty nor Toralei do not have earrings. Considering the style, Toraleii would be great with her pinted studs in black, and Catty could also use some earrings to complete the look.

All in all, however, this line is amazing. :3

A note on glue heads - I am one of those people who worry about glue leaking, so even though I haven't got them outta the boxes yet, I checked their heads. Both Catty and Toralei have some glue inside, but their heads are squishable, so there must be only a little. Strangely enough, while Clawdeen's head is really hard and filled with glue, Venus and Jinafire are both glue-free! Yep, no glue in their heads, I checked and squeezed them thoroughly. :3
The 2-pack was made in Indonesia, the 3-pack was made in China.

Offline Diamond

• Wine cellar goddess
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Complete MH Fierce Rockers!! <3 + glue info
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:42:45 PM »
Congrats we thought about getting em, but are trying to cut down on duplicates right now.  Maybe we shall get lucky and get em when TRU puts em on clearance.

Offline little.fox

• Scary Cute
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:32:12 AM »
That is such a cool set, congrats on them!

Offline akirafay

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »
Thank you! ^_^

So far I got only Clawdeen and Toralei outta the box..changed they hairstyle for Clawdeen a bit, washed Toralei's helmet hair and removed her 'cape' thingy. I also thought she was really missing something so I gave her Catty's Boo York ears. The color fits perfectly (even though they are a bit shimmery). Clawdeen got Gigi's shoes, because the original pink shoes really did not go well with her outfit. :) :3

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Let me just say that Clawdeen's guitar is so great. Very detailed and even the strings are painted. :3

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 03:19:55 PM »
I've been dying to get these dolls, but they are sorta out of my price range at the moment. Yours look so awesome! I'm super jealous:)

I need, like, 20 of those Clawdeens. She is just perfect!

Offline hathorcat

• Administrator
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 07:07:58 AM »
I adore Clawdeen in this release - it just seems so perfect for her! Congrats on your new additions :)

Offline Wild Wolf 88

• Monster High Arena
  • Creeperific
  • Avatar Credit= super-airi.tumblr.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 02:01:51 AM »
Hello, akirafay,

Congrats! :)

I personally like Venus McFlytrap the most, because of that interesting pink hair! :)
 :clawdeen:
Well, I'm feeling the urge to howl at the moon once more...There are too many misconceptions about me being bad, and none of them are true... :(
Chow for Now,
Wild Wolf 88

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »
The only ones here I like are Jinafire and Catty, which means I'd have to get three dolls I don't care for. Jinafire's got a great outfit for a "basic" look, her hair is nice and different with its jade tone, and her makeup is symmetrical, so it's passable for an everyday look. Also, her hair accents match Lagoonafire, which is especially cool. I really like Catty's half-jumpsuit, but I hate the blue in her newer dolls. I'll probably trim out the blue streaks, remove the bikini top, and give her new shoes. Her own shoes would be great for Elle, though. They match her hair accessory better and are still in-theme, plus, the soft plastic will actually have traction on the stand unlike the hard-plastic ones she comes with.

Clawdeen is okay to me, and she's not half bad. Toralei doesn't wear blue well, either, and her accessories are awkward, but I like her outfit. The ears look great on her, but I'm not getting BY Catty just for those. With Venus, nothing works for me. The hair, the outfit, the makeup...none of it feels right for her.

Anywho, I'll probably pick these up on sale, give the stands to my two favorites, and find some way to make the others work.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:09:36 PM by 8BrickMario »
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
  • Everyday is Halloween!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 06:47:39 PM »
What an amazing dolly mail day! The dolls are awesome. I have considered them myself, and haven't decided to go for them yet or not!

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 04:59:12 PM »
So jelly! :D
I don't think we have those here yet, and if they come here, they'll cost like 60-80 dollars per pack, which is INSANE.
Oh, what if they were to make a 5-pack at some point? XD