collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

April 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28
29 30

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Requiem's Patterns (4/13: Antique Tea Gown)  (Read 134715 times)

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Stone Cold Style
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Requiem's Patterns (10/13: Underwear & Bikinis)
« Reply #920 on: November 20, 2017, 03:03:06 AM »
Thanks so much for all your lovely patterns! I bought a bunch of patterns quite some time ago and am finally getting around to practicing with the basic tee and jeans; still getting the hang of it and getting frustrated when things don't fit quite right, but I certainly can't blame it on unclear directions! Looking forward to see what other great designs you come up with!

Online VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 03, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »
Your patterns were the very first I bought just a short while ago, I got the pyjama set and dressed my five new (and first) girls in various combinations of the pieces! I even succeeded in combining the puffy babydoll and the harem top patterns to make an adorable nightgown with a puffy top, I will share a picture of it when I have proper lighting (it's night right now). I'm already planning on buying many more of your patterns because they are easy to follow even for someone like me who's a beginner at sewing doll's clothes and can be sewn by hand as well!

Offline firemau

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 08, 2018, 02:57:53 PM »
WP_20180108_14_56_35_Pro_LI (2) by firemau, on Flickr

I love this set for WWE and Wonder Woman, my granddaughter loves that I can make an outfit like Becky Lynch wears to wrestle in. Love all your different patterns.

Offline DGRequiem

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
« Reply #923 on: January 09, 2018, 06:46:18 AM »
Wooooaaaah I realized I haven't updated this in a couple of months.  Geeze.  Holidays everyone, holidays -.-

Here's 2 new patterns!

Firemau, Voidchilde, Simply Indescribable, thank you :)  I'm glad you're all finding them so easy and helpful!
Check out my Etsy Shop for custom dolls and doll clothes patterns!

Offline neon_jellyfish

• MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Requiem's Patterns (1/5: Cold Shoulder, PJs)
« Reply #924 on: January 09, 2018, 01:02:58 PM »
Idiotic question - bundle packs include full patterns with all the options, or just one (like the most basic) dress option for each pattern? Thank you!

Offline DGRequiem

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
« Reply #925 on: January 09, 2018, 01:19:34 PM »
Idiotic question - bundle packs include full patterns with all the options, or just one (like the most basic) dress option for each pattern? Thank you!

Not idiotic at all (you're not the first to ask, either!) They include all the patterns and all the options.  It's a way for people to get discounts even when there isn't a whole-shop sale running :)

Offline neon_jellyfish

• MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 10, 2018, 04:32:18 AM »

Not idiotic at all (you're not the first to ask, either!) They include all the patterns and all the options.  It's a way for people to get discounts even when there isn't a whole-shop sale running :)

Thank you! Got me the Period Drama bundle. I'm a complete newbie, so that's gonna be fun.

Offline DGRequiem

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
Re: Requiem's Patterns (2/2: Cupcake Lolita)
« Reply #927 on: February 06, 2018, 06:28:29 AM »

I wanted to do something ruffly for Valentine's day, so here's Cupcake Lolita!

ALSO!  New method for contests.  I started a Facebook group for people to post their outfits in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1622818931137326/

Every time you finish an outfit made with/partly with a pattern, post it in the group.  At the end of the month I do a drawing for a free pattern of the winner's choice.  Every month!  You can get extra entries by finishing an outfit in the theme of the monthly challenge (this month is ruffles).  You can also submit by tagging me (@RequiemArtDesigns) on Instagram. 

So contests are less intensive but there are more of them.  I may do extra contests on top of this, but it seemed like a nice way to give people the nudge they need to make time to sew according to feedback :)

Online VoidChilde

• One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
Re: Requiem's Patterns (2/2: Cupcake Lolita)
« Reply #928 on: February 06, 2018, 06:56:36 AM »
I was so happy to see this pattern, I'm definitely buying it as soon as I go back to the fabric store to get some lolita material, it's perfect for one of my OCs' style! I also went on a bit of a shopping spree and got a few of your patterns (especially the Salwar/Angarkha/Churidar combo, which I needed for my werecat OC, I can't wait to finish the outfit, it's so pretty and shiny!), they're so easy to mix and match and so far I've had absolutely no problem sewing any of them. Plus I love reading the tips and the fabric recommendations: I didn't know what a baltik was and now I'm enlightened and I absolutely need to find some so I can make more angarkhas.

I just applied to the Facebook group too since I don't have an Instagram and I want to share what I sew and see what others are doing with your wonderful patterns!

Offline DGRequiem

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
Re: Requiem's Patterns (2/23: boy suits)
« Reply #929 on: February 23, 2018, 04:26:00 AM »
voidchilde, awesome!  I've been loving seeing what everyone's been posting in the group so far.

This week someone sponsored a boy pattern into the shop :)  A lot of people have been asking about suits, so enjoy!

Offline DGRequiem

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
Re: Requiem's Patterns (3/9: Mori Girl)
« Reply #930 on: March 09, 2018, 04:49:22 AM »
This week in girl size, I've got Mori fashion!

Mori Girl Doll clothes pattern

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 09, 2018, 05:43:27 AM »
I love these last two. I'm a little short on funds, but as soon as I'm able, I'm so getting them. I'm also short on time for hobbies, so it might take even longer for me to finally use them but will do eventually
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Online VoidChilde

• One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 09, 2018, 06:33:51 AM »
I was absolutely ecstatic when I saw the picture on Tumblr for the mori girl pieces and I bought the pattern because I have a mori girl character who will look gore-gous in this! Do you have any recommendation on how to select the best fabric? My local fabric store is kind of hectic so if I have something really specific to ask the employees, it makes everything easier. I also have troubles finding printed patterns that are small enough to be used for doll clothes because I'm not sure what's the best scale, like this adorable strawberries pattern you used for the tunic!

Offline Belle Epoque

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 09, 2018, 08:22:30 AM »
Walmart has little individual Fat Quarters of quilting cotton that frequently come in bright colors and patterns to scale for doll sewing. It's worth giving them a check.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 09, 2018, 09:56:46 AM »
:squee:  OMG, DG, I love you!  Not only are those adorable and I need them, but you've also helped me find the name for the fashion style that I've been drawn to lately! :love:

Offline DGRequiem

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
« Reply #935 on: March 12, 2018, 06:27:37 PM »
VoidChilde, you want thin, delicate feeling cotton or similar.  It's the only pattern I specifically tell you to wash your fabric if you're using 'new' fabric to get rid of the starches and make it a teeny bit thinner.  This is a dress that you don't want crisp ruffles, you want more of a worn in wave.  This is a good pattern to use recycled/thrift fabric!

Offline DGRequiem

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
Re: Requiem's Patterns (4/13: Antique Tea Gown)
« Reply #936 on: April 13, 2018, 08:56:12 AM »
Since the mori fashion pattern went over so well, I decided it was a good time to roll out Tea Gowns.  Tea Gowns are turn of the century styles that also influenced boho/country style which went on to influence mori style.  Also included is a tutorial on using tea to make clothes look more vintage

PS--this is also cross compatible with patterns like Mori, High Fashions, and the Victorian/Steampunk dresses, if you want to be swapping around collars, sleeves, and skirts.  All of those would probably look pretty good with a little tea-styling, too :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/593536500/antique-tea-gown-vintage-mori-boho-girl

Online VoidChilde

• One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 14, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
You're killing me with those beautiful patterns! I thought I'd wait the end of the month, see if I might win the draw for the free pattern with my April entry but...I couldn't resist and just bought this pattern because the skirt part is perfect for an outfit I've been meaning to make and the dress itself is just so pretty I know I'll be able to use it a lot! 💜

Offline DGRequiem

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
« Reply #938 on: April 15, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »
Voidchilde, good I'm glad it's useful!  This is definitely one of those patterns I've been like "I personally like this and think it's cool but I'm an adult with multiple kigurumi in my closet so my fashion sense cannot be trusted"  :P