collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Shahaila's Sewing Adventures  (Read 12864 times)

Offline ebmerc

• Champion of Love and Justice
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Shahaila's Sewing Adventures
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »
Shes fantastic! <3

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 06:25:16 AM »
I have been working on quite a few outfits for a trade with a lovely Arena member to get a several nude dolls for Lizzie's "Off With Her Head" Fairytale line.  These pics are really quick and dirty pics, but I wanted to go ahead and keep a record of them in my sewing adventures thread.  ShortyBoo sent me the vast majority of the fabrics and chose the style of the dresses.  I still have 3 more to go, but here is what I have completed so far:

Dresses for 17" MH Dolls:

Cupcake Dresss by Shahaila, on Flickr
Heart Dress by Shahaila, on Flickr
Rainbow Dress by Shahaila, on Flickr
ZigZag Dress by Shahaila, on Flickr
Rainbow Dress 2 by Shahaila, on Flickr

And here is the dress for Kiyomi she wanted:

Pastel Rainbow Dress 2 by Shahaila, on Flickr

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:52:01 AM by Shahaila »
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
Those are all fantastic, Shahaila! I particularly love the pink with the black hearts and the rainbow and Kiyomi's... just kidding, I love them all!

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 01:21:10 PM »
I love how you sewing is evolving! All the little details that make the dresses look even more cuter!

Loved all Goo designs, and also a fan of the heart themed one <3
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 12:01:03 PM »
Thank you ladies  :hug:

Nassib you have been there from the start when I first started teaching myself how to sew 2 1/2 years ago so you have truly watched me improve over the years.  I absolutely love making the doll clothes.  I really need to blow up some more patterns so I can diversify the things I can make for Goo and 17" dolls in general.  I will forever be grateful to the ANTM competitions which really pushed me to see what I was capable of sewing to make my photo ideas come to life.

"Penny" is very excited about putting together a few Halloween fashions to celebrate the Ghoulish Season  :biggrin: and Lizzie is chomping at the bit for me to get my trade work done so we can back to her "Off With Her Head" Fairytale clothing line.

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 07:12:54 AM »
This is one of the other dresses I completed for the trade I am working on.  The adorable lanveder/bunny material was provided by ShortyBoo, and she also chose the style of the dress.  This is the same dress as Allison's dress, just in different fabric.  The pianofore is a separate piece from the dress.

Alice in Wonderland Dress and Apron by Shahaila, on Flickr

Offline Glowa

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • GlowA's Instagram
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 09:59:13 AM »
I adore each dress you feature! They are all so cute and wonderfully put together.

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »
That dress is adorable, and the pinafore even more so! So cute! ^.^

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
Thank you both so much, here is a pic where you can see the material of the dress a little better, those little bunnies are super cute.

Alice in Wonderland Dress and Apron 2 by Shahaila, on Flickr

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scary Cute
  • Notorious Necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 06:38:13 AM »
You're quite the talented seamstress! Your outfits are super adorable! I really love that blue/yellow/skull dress on skelita, and the rainbow skirt dress on gooliope :)

Offline Glowa

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • GlowA's Instagram
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 08:50:03 AM »
That bunny fabric is so adorable! I really love this dress you've made!

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 07:07:47 AM »
This outfit is part of Lizzie's "Off With Her Head" Fairytale Fashions.  I completed it back in July but just now got around to taking pics.  The colors and outfit are inspired by the Disney version of Cinderella's Fairy Godmother.  The pointy hood to her cape is a nod to that.  The fabric was combined with that of Ashlynn as Cinderella so they look like part of the same story.  The skirt to the dress and caplet are made from the same material as the sleeves on Ashlynn's dress, and top of the dress is made from the same material as Ashlynn's apron.  The same pearl trim used on Ashlynn's apron is used for Farrah's dress.  Amazing what a change in clothing can do for this doll.

Farrah The Young Fairy Godmother by Shahaila, on Flickr
Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother by Shahaila, on Flickr

Offline Glowa

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • GlowA's Instagram
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 07:56:45 AM »
Omglob they are just so cute together!!! Well done on your nod to Disney's fairygodmother outfit!

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 08:35:37 AM »
Omglob they are just so cute together!!! Well done on your nod to Disney's fairygodmother outfit!
Thank you  :hug:.  Lizzie and I really enjoy conceptualizing these modern fashionable renditions of Disney inspired outfits for the EAH girls.  I am hoping to pull off "the daughter of Esmeralda" next.  Like with the Alice dress I have been conceptualizing the look for months, so I think it is time I give it a shot.  I think Justine will make a fabulous daughter to Esmeralda.  I have been looking for a goat to scale to go with her for when I take photos, but despite looking for over 6 months I am yet to find one!  :P

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Shahaila\'s Sewing Adventures
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 08:11:13 AM »
Well unfortunately I missed out on being able to finish the outfit I wanted to submit for Requiem's contest due to illness and having to have surgery, but "Lizzie" finally completed her the latest of her "Off With Her Head Fairytale Fashions" and transformed Justine into the Daughter of Esmeralda whom both Lizzie and I have always thought she should be.  The outfit is inspired by Disney's Esmeralda's peasant dress.  The patterns used are a combination of various DG Requiem patterns and a little creativity  :).  The top uses the long Baby Doll pattern with sleeves from the Lolita pattern pack cut to 3/4 length.  The corset is made using one of the corset's from the Cabaret Pack.  The skirt has a yolk waistband, and the actual round skirt was made using a dinner plate  XD.  The scarf is  just a square folded in half, trimmed with the same gold trim as the corset, with little medallions sewn on.  The material on the waist scarf is pretty cool, depending on the lighting it shimmers from purple to green.  To finish the look I got some jump rings and Justine is sporting one as her hoop earring.

"Lizzie" did have a solid purple material with tiny purple flowers which was beautiful, but the first skirt attempt I made was not a round skirt, and well I did not have enough of that material left to do the round skirt and since I cannot drive at the moment I stuck to what I had on hand  :).  Overall I am pleased though, as I do love the material I used for the skirt, and the green in it just helps off set Justine's beautiful green eyes even more.

Gypsy Girl 2 by Shahaila, on Flickr

Post Merge: February 08, 2017, 09:39:12 PM

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:39:46 PM by Shahaila »

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 05:02:02 AM »
Oh she is gorgeous what wa beautiful dress. I love the colours and she  is amazing custom doll.

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 10:38:34 AM »
I am a huge mermaid fan so obviously when Meeshell was released I firmly believed she needed a proper tail  :P.  With EAH appearing to be on the decline I broke down and decided to get Meeshell and give a hand at trying to make my own mermaid tail.  "Lizzie" does not get credit for this one!  :biggrin:

Into the Waves by Shahaila, on Flickr

Oh she is gorgeous what wa beautiful dress. I love the colours and she  is amazing custom doll.
Thank you so much.  I did not do anything at all to the doll other than pierce her ear with the gold hoop, so I did not customize her outside of making her a new outfit and declaring she is now the daughter of Esmeralda  :P

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2017, 08:28:38 AM »
Since Lizzie is the designer behind "Off With Her Head Fashions" I thought it would only be appropriate to make an outfit for her and put a face to the brand.  Designers need some love too  :biggrin:

Mirror Mirror Fashion Journal by Shahaila, on Flickr
Fashion Icon by Shahaila, on Flickr

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »
Just updating my sewing adventures thread with Lizzie's "Off With Her Head" latest creations.  First off is the latest in the Off With Her Head Fairy Tale Collection, Rosabella embracing her destiny as the next Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  The dress, like others in this collection is inspired by Belle's Disney casual blue dress and apron.  Patterns used are alterations of various D.G. Requiem pattern pieces:  it is a one piece dress with a separate apron.  I altered the neckline of the "bib" piece, and I squared off the front of the dress which used the top from the Vintage Lolita pack, and the skirt is a modified version of the Princess Pack.

Castle and Mirror 3 by Shahaila, on Flickr

The second entry is a fun Harlequin outfit made specifically for Ms. Courtly to Celebrate Mardi Gras (and most likely retain as her main stock now).  Since there is no Disney reference to this.  I do not consider it a part of the Disney inspired Fairy Tale line.  The outfit is made using D.G. Requiem patterns as follows:  the green top is the strapless sweetheart pattern (cannot remember what pattern package that is from), the tails coat is from the Cabarett patterns, and the capris are made from the PJ pack bloomers (the less flair version) but instead of using elastic I added a waist band.  The sleeves and collar of the outfit are made of velveteen, the harlequin fabric is regular quilting cotton fabric, and the sweetheart top is made of a stretchy fabric (not sure what that type of fabric is called  XD).  The second pic shows the coat a little better since it is a side view.  The coat is made of the same material of the pants, with the tails lined in purple silk, there is also a little purple bow where the tails meet, but it does not show in these pics.  The choice of making the sleeves and collar halves in different colors was a nod to Courtly's original plastic legs, though my Courtly is on a MB Maddie body so she has flesh colored legs  :P

Mardi Gras Ballroom by Shahaila, on Flickr Let the Festivities Begin by Shahaila, on Flickr
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:27:02 PM by Shahaila »

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »
Love these new fashions!
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4