collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Dfotw's finds - Updated December 21: Roadster, and big Li'l Woodzeez playset  (Read 12750 times)

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated 09 Nov
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »
Wow, such amazing luck!
We don't EAH here anymore, and MH is super expensive...

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2017, 02:28:02 PM »
Thanks, Ameyal! I'm always jealous of your finds too. :P
Rhana, EAH/MH are also very expensive here and not that easy to find, that's why I always get excited at good finds!

The second-hand shops are pretty much cleared out after Christmas, but the toy stores/supermarkets are having amazing clearances to get 'old' stuff moving... all these dolls cost me barely a little more than the usual retail price of the Barbie!!! :blink: (the Lalaloopsy pets are second-hand, though)

The Barbie and Spectra are re-body projects, and I hope to customise Moanica (I already have her). I'm excited for the GSR girls, though, and I hope I don't regret not picking up Kala'Mari!

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »
I just got that parrot too! X)

I'm waiting for the clearances too, but our stores do that next month! Congrats on your hauls, I love Posea :3

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated March 11
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2017, 08:00:22 AM »
Thank you, Ameyal!

Well, well, well. I'm trying to curb my 'fun' spending a little (I'm broke!), so I haven't hauled or had many good finds lately, but...

... I recently moved, and exploring some small toy/party-supplies stores in a nearby mall I found a treasure trove of very, very old stock! I saw Sig Clawdeen, the fearleading Werecats 3-pack, Ghoulia-and-Cleo Classroom 2-pack, GNO Spectra and Lagoona, Ghouls Alive Frankie, Picture Day Draculaura, Roller Maze Ghoulia and Operetta...

But I'm still broke, so I only came home with this girl (and the two fakie lego/megablock sets, which will be probably be featured in the Fakies thread soon, they look promisingly hideous :P):

The only other significant find I've had lately is a second-hand Draculaura... wearing the Newspaper Club fashion pack! I've always admired this outfit, but the online prices are crazy, so I was happy to snag this up. No shoes or accessories, and the printed tights have several runs in them, but I love it anyway.

:biggrin:

Offline pinkbird

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2017, 08:53:17 AM »
Very cool doll finds! I'm especially jealous that you saw the Roller Maze dolls, haha.

And congrats on the newspaper club fashion pack, that one is so cute! :wow:

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2017, 12:04:16 PM »
Whoah! I never realized the tights were printed! That is an awesome find! As is the fakies, they are hideously awesome

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated March 22
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 02:42:54 PM »
Thank you! Pinkbird, if you're interested in the Roller Maze dolls, let me know, I'd be happy to pick them up for you. And Ameyal, this is one of the 'old school' fashion packs with crazy details, the tights are printed with MH 'newspaper' designs, it's adorable (unlike the fakies! :P)

I know I'm broke, but I hauled... in second-hand stores and an outlet so cheap that I'm more than half sure that the stuff there must have fallen off the back of some truck or something.

Second-hand Lalaloopsy Littles: firefighter girl and her rescue? I don't know, they are adorable and will be right after a good cleaning and some paint!

Ancient stock Lalaloopsy stuff. Tiki girl was less than a third of what she retails for new (less than what they usually sell second-hand), the mini stuff was equally cheap!

... and now I'm broke again. :P

Offline pinkbird

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 05:39:18 AM »
Great finds again, I love Lalaloopsy (especially the minis)! The minis would make great dolls for the dolls to hold, haha. I saw some at a store, couldn't justify buying them at the time, but I might go back for them... Seems they don't sell Lalaloopsy here anymore.

And aww, thank you for the offer! I'll consider that, since Ghoulia and Operetta were my favorite roller maze dolls. Depends on how much they cost though! :)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2017, 07:39:44 AM »
Oh my did you ever hit some wonderful old goodies! What is the parrot from la la oopsie ?

Which fear leading set did you find the one with the kitties?

Thrifting is so fun because well you never know what you will find!

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2017, 08:50:07 AM »
Thank you, snowblossum! The parrot is the pet of a pirate boy doll, but it's been adopted by my pirate Lalaoopsy girl since she came without a pet. And yeah, the fearleading set I saw was the one with Toralei and the werecat twins. :)

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated May 27
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2017, 02:00:22 PM »
Had a good day at the second-hand toy store! There were a few bags of MH stuff and I picked up the two that came with more furniture.

The bags:

The contents:

If I'm not mistaken, that's Swim Class Venus and a shoeless Holt, the Student Lounge foosball table, a mystery candle-holder (EAH, maybe?), something orange (???), Scaris Rochelle, and someone's Art Class chair, painting and palette (Draculaura's?).

Any more concrete ID on these things is welcome!

There was also a bag with a Clawdeen with some music stuff that didn't look MH: a crossbones-and-heart metallic gold guitar, black shoes with metallic gold heels, a DJ table... any idea what this could have been?

Also, behold the tiniest, cutest dice ever! I found these at my local geek store, they had tonnes of colours, I chose the more traditional ones to go with Operetta... but for now, Amanita wants to know if you're feeling lucky. ;)

:biggrin:

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2017, 02:07:29 PM »
Sweet hauls!
If I'm not mistaken, the orange thing is Holt's backpack, the painting and chair from the art classroo... no idea if the palette is Draculaura's, but that0s a high possibility.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
In case you didn't know it, that's Swim Class Holt, who might be even rarer than sig Holt! :lol:
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2017, 02:53:34 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Are the dice actual dice and not beads? I have bead dice but they have holes. If yours are solid, suh-weeeeeeet

Excellent bags! For the Clawdeen bag, could that gold guitar be her rocker guitar? Hard to say unless you posted a pic.

Congrats!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2017, 03:13:28 PM »
Thank you all!

Ameyal, thanks for the ID on the Holt backpack, and the clue about the Art Classroom playset. I had no idea there was an individual playset of that, the chair, painting and palette all come from there!

Wuvmykitties, that's great to know! I still don't know if I'll keep Holt or put him up for sale.

DogMom, they're solid dice! Sold along all the 20-side dice for playing RPGs, they are extremely adorable!
The guitar that came along with that Clawdeen was somewhat similar to this Bratz guitar but it was a very shiny gold: http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/bI0AAOSw6DtYRyby/s-l225.jpg Some of the other accessories (a mic, maybe?) were also shiny gold, as were the heels on the shoes. It wasn't Fierce Rockers, as far as I can tell. :mystery: I already have a Barbie DJ table and guitar, so I didn't buy that bag, and now I'm starting to regret it...

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw\\\'s finds - Updated May 27
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Those dice ARE adorable!

The guitar is Bratz Girlz Really Rock Jade Punk Rock Rebel. Very cool guitar! And waaaaay different than Clawdeen's Fierce Rockers guitar, lol.

Post Merge: May 27, 2017, 09:11:00 PM

Update: it's possible all that music stuff might've been Bratz...here's a pic of the set that guitar came with...

Post Merge: May 27, 2017, 09:17:56 PM

http://s565.photobucket.com/user/toyworldusa/media/Dolls/Bratz/bratzgirlzreallyrockjade.jpg.html
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:17:56 PM by DogMom »
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »
Sweet hauls!
If I'm not mistaken, the orange thing is Holt's backpack, the painting and chair from the art classroo... no idea if the palette is Draculaura's, but that0s a high possibility.

The palette is also from the art class playset. I believe it's meant to be used with Draculaura, though. :)

Dfotw, cool finds, by the way. Especially Swim Class Holt.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:11:46 AM by respositob »

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2017, 02:30:59 PM »
Thank you all!

Ameyal, thanks for the ID on the Holt backpack, and the clue about the Art Classroom playset. I had no idea there was an individual playset of that, the chair, painting and palette all come from there!

Wuvmykitties, that's great to know! I still don't know if I'll keep Holt or put him up for sale.

OOhh... I had no idea that the playset had a palette!

And both Holts are pretty pricey, yours is missing his chanclas(hehehe) and sunglasses, but is still awesome. I honestly prefer Swim over signature, as Swim has wrists, but lacks the ying yang tatto(Another way to differentiate them) and swim has plastic joints on his legs, while sig has the elastic system. (And he is easy to redress in Heath clothes :p )

Offline pinkbird

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2017, 03:04:07 AM »
I really like the tiny dice too! I think I know a store that has geek stuff nearby, might take a look to see if they have such dice. :D

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2017, 10:01:59 AM »
Thanks for the detective work, DogMom! That set doesn't look exactly like what I saw, but it's entirely possible all that stuff was Bratz. Mystery solved!

Thanks, respositob! I think I might put Holt up on a search for a home where he'll be appreciated properly, but he was a good find.

Ameyal, good point about the wrists and the tattoo. Shame about Holt's chanclas and sunnies, but yeah, they go pretty pricey on evilBay.

Pinkbird, good luck on your tiny dice hunt! I hope you find them.