collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Dfotw's finds - Updated December 21: Roadster, and big Li'l Woodzeez playset  (Read 9227 times)

Offline ebmerc

• Champion of Love and Justice
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Update: Oh Frabjous Day!
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 03:06:44 PM »
Congrats! You got some great deals!

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated 18/08
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »
Thanks, ebmerc!

Yesterday I went second-hand-store hunting and got a couple of bags of random MH dolls (and a cute Barbie in an abaya and hijab, with henna on her hands and feet!)

The loot:

The contents of the two bags on the left (which Abbey is that? Sig?):

The other bag (is that Freshwater Lagoona?):

:)

Offline ebmerc

• Global Moderator
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 11:52:27 AM »
Ahhh Skelittaaa! <3

I think that's Sig abbey in the To Howl For fashion pack but I'd need a closer look at her face to be sure. Also yep! Def Freshwater Lagoona! <3

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
Thanks, ebmerc! And yesssss, Skelita!  :skel: (I mean, I already have Scaris Skelita, but I couldn't leave her!)

Here's a close-up of Abbey's face:

Also, which Frankie is she? And what shoes was she wearing? (I know the dress is Scarah's)

TIA!

Offline ebmerc

• Global Moderator
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 02:40:29 PM »
Yea I'm pretty sure that's sig Abbey. My second guess would be Dead Tired Abbey and the face ups are pretty similar.

That Frankie is Scary Tales!! <3 <3 My favorite Frankie and she's got a great face! I have no clue on the shoes. I'm pretty sure they aren't MH or EAH.

Offline Wild Wolf 88

• Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Creeperific
  • Avatar Credit= super-airi.tumblr.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 01:30:50 AM »
Hello, Dfotw,

Wow! If my local thrift store had that kind of Monster High loot...Wow! Congrats!

I'm lovin' Abbey...and the jelly shoes, fur SHURR!  :biggrin:
 :clawdeen:
Well, I'm feeling the urge to howl at the moon once more...There are too many misconceptions about me being bad, and none of them are true... :(
Chow for Now,
Wild Wolf 88

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 08:22:18 AM »
Thank you again, ebmerc! And WildWolf, I know, I'm very lucky... MH dolls shelf-sit on second-hand stores here, in part because the salesgirls call them 'those weird ones'. :P

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 09:24:42 AM »
Awesome hauls!

Also, I got these well-loved pretties all the way from Australia (just tossed in a bubble-wrap envelope, is that how you ship dolls, I expected at least a box or some cardboard).

It really depends on your agreement with the seller before shipping.
A lot of people send dolls in bubble-wrap envelopes and it's very common in the States and many countries with good mail service. Here in Mexico I do not dare to send dolls with bubble-wrap protection only because I've seen some pretty batter /damage boxes either arrived to me (from amazon) and the inside of a warehouse from the local mail service (the mailman of the sector was sick and I needed the package. Everything was on piles of the floor! It seems it doesn't matter if it has "fragile" stamped on the boxes) and I would be really disappointed to received a smashed doll due to inappropriate packing, specially when it has to travel internationally.
Also and specially when the dolls are being send debox, I don't think you should skip the joy of deboxing your doll, so I try when po$ible to send a pretty box and a package that makes the person opening it feel like they are getting a really special doll (because they are all precious!).

But that's me and because I know how my country ships, so every time I send something I try make sure it's well protected and pretty (I might overdue it sometimes  ^^; ). I fail sometimes because lack of time, money or health, but it has been minimal.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated 04/09
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »
Oh wow, nassib, I'm very sorry, I hadn't seen your answer 'til now! And I agree, I've gotten squashed boxes here before, so even when I send loose dolls I try to make a little cardboard 'coffin' for them to travel in... I might overdo it, but I know how international mail can be! Your idea of making a pretty package for deboxed dolls is great, I wish I'd thought of it before!

Now, for the brag: this weekend there was a 'clearance sale' at a chain of supermarkets, and since I've cleared all my local branches :P, I went further afield to see if I found cool stuff... and I did!

These Lil'Woodzeez sets were at 70% off, so they came out at $5 each, more or less. They are adorable! I wish they had the foxes and owls too, though.

Clearance Cedar is for me, full-priced SU Kitty is to trade!

Look at this adorable guy! I've wanted a stuffed sloth for ages, and he's so soft and fuzzy and sweet! He's from a new collection of NatGeo plushies, and they were selling like hot cakes, even at full price!

:)

Offline Wild Wolf 88

• Monster High Arena
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 09:38:00 PM »
Hello,

I hate receiving ill-packed dolls, too, nassib, especially when the dolls themselves, and / or their boxes are suppose to arrive in good condition, due to what the seller said about them beforehand.

Well, there are some of us who like "those weird ones," right, dfotw?  ;)  :P Oh, and those Li'l Woodzies remind me of a toy line that's available here, except that the ones that are in your picture are even cuter...<Sigh> :)
Well, I'm feeling the urge to howl at the moon once more...There are too many misconceptions about me being bad, and none of them are true... :(
Chow for Now,
Wild Wolf 88

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2016, 08:41:17 AM »
... "no more buying for a while". Hehehe!  :biggrin:

Main toy store in the country have their anniversary 40% Off Toys sale this weekend (Fri-Mon). I went today, just a couple of hours after the stores opened, and it was already crazy! Grandmothers buying Xmas gifts in advance, salesladies from nearby stores taking a quick break to check out the sales, etc.
At the store near me I grabbed BB Blondie (love the blue hair!), but they didn't have much that was new, so I took a bus to a larger store... and bingo! They had the DC Superhero Girls! Must have been because I was wearing my lucky Batman t-shirt. I grabbed Poison Ivy and though I don't love Harley's painted thighs, I couldn't break them up, which was lucky, because afterwards a salesgirl and two other shoppers asked me where I'd found Harley, and it turned out she was the only one in the store! I got so many looks (particularly from the salesgirl, who was a fan of the Suicide Squad movie) that I started to fear I'd turn around and Harley would disappear from my cart!

I also found the Operetta fashion pack! It's a bit battered, but whole. I asked, but no one in the store had seen any more of them, and in fact they seemed a bit confused as to where this one came from.  :mystery:
The two EAH Sigs I found clearanced for 70% off at the supermarket yesterday while I looked for a plunger for my dad.

OK, do you think the doll diet will stick this time? I'm running out of space (not to mention money)!  :P

If I have something hard to find in my cart I never let it go for fear sometime would snag it from my cart. Wow you have some great finds!!

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2016, 03:13:13 PM »
Hello,

I hate receiving ill-packed dolls, too, nassib, especially when the dolls themselves, and / or their boxes are suppose to arrive in good condition, due to what the seller said about them beforehand.

Well, there are some of us who like "those weird ones," right, dfotw?  ;)  :P Oh, and those Li'l Woodzies remind me of a toy line that's available here, except that the ones that are in your picture are even cuter...<Sigh> :)

We do, we like the 'weird' ones! I heard that Lil'Woodzeez are themselves a knock-off of Sylvanian families, but anyway, they are totally cute (and they have articulation and removable clothing! :cool:).

If I have something hard to find in my cart I never let it go for fear sometime would snag it from my cart. Wow you have some great finds!!

Lesson learnt! Thank you, snowblossum.  :)

Today I got this MH mini 'locker'. Originally it went for almost $40 (are they mad, it's cardboard! :annoyed:) but today it was on clearance for the equivalent to $3, so I brought it home. Hopefully it'll help me organise all my doll 'stuff'.

ETA: the 'lockers', out of box! They're perfect to store shoes and random bits and bobs.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:48:18 PM by dfotw »

Offline Wild Wolf 88

• Monster High Arena
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated 10/09
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »
Hello, dfotw,

They were insane to price that cardboard mini-locker so outrageously, but you were lucky to have found it for so good of a discount, because I think that everyone here is, or has been in need of more Monster High storage, fur SHURR. :)

Congrats on having brought home such a cool find! :)
Chow for Now,
Wild Wolf 88

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated 10/09
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »
sweet!!!
I love those minilockers, with tiny drawers and stuff  <3
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated 20/09
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2016, 07:46:16 PM »
Thanks, WildWolf! You're right that the original price was ridiculous, and even more so that we all need MORE storage!  :P
And nassib, me too, I'm a sucker for anything with small drawers, it appeals to the packrat in me! :blush:

Yesterday I went by my favourite haunt, the second-hand toy store (I was looking for a present for my little cousin, I swear!), and look what I found! Ghoulia from the Classroom 2-pack, with almost all her incredibly cool stock (those earrings! The print on her dress!), and a bag with what turned out to be the complete Scaris Cafe Cart playset in excellent condition, plus a Sweet1600 Clawdeen (rebodied? She doesn't have gloves).

The playset promises to be an epic repainting effort, but I'm looking forwards to it, all the 'wrought iron' furniture is incredibly detailed!

Offline PJSparkles

• Scary Cute
  • Notorious Necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 05:59:33 PM »
I'm sooo jealous of all of those great finds! a lot of my dolls needed arms or clothes, and some are missing accessories (Which drives me nuts....MMPH!!!), but you've really had great luck with hunts! I'm super jealous of your skelita; she's next on my wishlist.

Also, that sloth is ADORABLE. I need to show my best friend, who is OBSESSED with them.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 04:20:06 PM »
Holy wow, you have found soooo many cool stuff! and on clearance! and on second hand(The best kind of findings!) congrats!

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 10:18:25 AM »
Thanks, PJSparkles! Second-hand stores here don't receive nude or incomplete dolls, so all I find have all their limbs and some sort of clothes, though getting the complete stock is rare (I'm missing headbands, purses, etc, though luckily I don't mind that much). And if your friend is as obsessed with sloths as I am, she absolutely needs this one! It's so soft and realistic, and you can hang him upside down like a real sloth! NatGeo did a great job with it.
Thanks, Ameyal! Considering the outside-USA prices of these dolls, clearance/second-hand finds are the very best finds! ^.^

Offline dfotw

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated 09/11
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »
I wanted to splurge on some retail therapy today, but the bookstore where I went to get a new tarot deck was closed! Luckily, the second-hand toy store always comes through...

A (late 80s/early 90s) Barbie kitchen set with a ton of little accessories, a music set with a guitar, and a MyScene boy to keep Hunter company.

And a cool find! The original Barbie Becky wheelchair, with some accessories and a doll which might or not be Becky.

There were several 80s/90s Barbies (one had a Walkman, who remembers those? :P), someone must have been getting rid of an old collection.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Dfotw's finds - Updated 09 Nov
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2016, 03:44:19 PM »
So jealous on the My Scene boy and the wheelchair! they're very cool finds!