collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: SDCC Monster High Exclusives  (Read 72390 times)

Offline StarlightFrost

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Monster High Exclusives
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2016, 06:46:04 AM »
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the back of SDCC Frankie's box mentions Ghoulia.
I am not sure if it's a matter of the doll concept and writing being made before the reboot or not. But since this is new Frankie's face, I suppose the previous statement doesn't matter as much.

And I don't really imagine Mattel letting that through if she wasn't still in the franchise post reboot.

As far as the dolls, I like the Hexicah and Robeccah doll, but i am not really enjoying the super shine chrome finish.

Also, Robeccah's story on the back of the box was first written in the French Monster High Magazine Collection (I read the translated entries on the MHWiki) it was a really nice little story though. Not all words are the same either, and since it was in French only I suppose they wanted to use it in English. I hope that doesn't spoil it for anyone, i just wanted to point that out.
I wonder which came first as far as writing?

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2016, 06:51:03 AM »
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the back of SDCC Frankie's box mentions Ghoulia.
I am not sure if it's a matter of the doll concept and writing being made before the reboot or not. But since this is new Frankie's face, I suppose the previous statement doesn't matter as much.

And I don't really imagine Mattel letting that through if she wasn't still in the franchise post reboot.

As far as the dolls, I like the Hexicah and Robeccah doll, but i am not really enjoying the super shine chrome finish.

Also, Robeccah's story on the back of the box was first written in the French Monster High Magazine Collection (I read the translated entries on the MHWiki) it was a really nice little story though. Not all words are the same either, and since it was in French only I suppose they wanted to use it in English. I hope that doesn't spoil it for anyone, i just wanted to point that out.

Ah, I hadn't noticed Frankie's box mentioning Ghoulia, thanks for pointing that out! That's a good sign, hopefully :D.

And I can't remember where it was said, but I seem to recall reading somewhere (maybe on Tumblr?) that the French diary entries were originally written in English first and then translated to French. So like, English versions exist, they just haven't been released (except for Clawdeen and I guess Robecca's now, lol).

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »

Let's be real tho its not like Ghoulia was getting lots of dolls before.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »
Meh, for 25 bucks I think it's all right. Granted, I would probably would have made Spectra instead of Frankie(For the lulz) or even made a female Slimer(A green blob girl), or even just make whoever have red hair and glasses, as a Janine homage.
She still looks like a fun doll.

Omg, Operetta as Janine!  :biggrin:

Offline Marisol Coxi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is my personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2016, 12:37:17 PM »
Meh, for 25 bucks I think it's all right. Granted, I would probably would have made Spectra instead of Frankie(For the lulz) or even made a female Slimer(A green blob girl), or even just make whoever have red hair and glasses, as a Janine homage.
She still looks like a fun doll.

Omg, Operetta as Janine!  :biggrin:

perfect, I actually wanna see this: glasses mask combination, and any Operetta with shorter hair would be welcome
marisolcoxi on tumblr!!

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creeperific
  • Gallifrey Falls No More
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2016, 06:44:28 PM »
Nooo! Quit making me fall in love with the Robecca 2-pack!  :biggrin:
just visiting this planet!
(Phl. 3:20)
>^..^<

Offline Mad_Malady

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2016, 03:05:58 PM »
Ack! I'm so beyond freaked at a Ghostbusters doll! How do I order it? My friend is going to sdcc, but not me.

The package is amazing otherwise I'd love to replace Frankie with the blob cam (like gb2 ya know)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:00:29 PM by Mad_Malady »

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2016, 07:28:02 PM »

The package is amazing otherwise I'd love to replace Frankie with the blob cam (like gb2 ya know)

That's a BRILLIANT idea!
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline Galacticat

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Rainbow Brite collection
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2016, 04:33:19 PM »
That darn Ghostbusters doll is the cutest ever. I hope the secondary market prices aren't TOO high...

Offline MonsterHighChecklist

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • I like cheese...
    • View Profile
    • Monster High Checklist
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »
Did attendees get what they needed this morning?

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
Ack! I'm so beyond freaked at a Ghostbusters doll! How do I order it? My friend is going to sdcc, but not me.

She is available for pre-order on Mattycollector.com until June 26th.  That'll be your best bet at getting one: Pre-order it on the site and have your friend pick it up for you.

She will not be available for sale at the con, but the site does say that she might be available for sale again later in July.

Offline Evilunicorn

• Monster Hunter
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2016, 08:39:33 PM »
seriously is there any way to get these without coughing up $100 each for them? I can't go to the con, I have no friends at the con, do I need to spend $200 just for two exclusives?

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2016, 04:29:50 AM »
seriously is there any way to get these without coughing up $100 each for them? I can't go to the con, I have no friends at the con, do I need to spend $200 just for two exclusives?

You can buy them at Matty collectors site in the aftersale at the cons price, granted they don't sell out during the members early access sale.
As it has been said before, last year there were plenty of the villains pack. And it actually lasted several days. Not all have thought, so it's a bet.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2016, 07:55:48 AM »
My seller got with the program, and sent me an email about the dolls. His price is $200 for all three. That's what I spent last year for two, so it kinda sorta feels like a deal :rolleyes:

BUT I'm worried because he would always advertise a "tried and true method" of obtaining SDCC exclusives at the Con, on his site. Doesn't sound like he pre orders them......so how will he get Frankie if she's not going to be for sale at the Con?

I'm not even sure I want all 3. This year is gonna be a mess!

Offline Evilunicorn

• Monster Hunter
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2016, 12:52:48 PM »

You can buy them at Matty collectors site in the aftersale at the cons price, granted they don't sell out during the members early access sale.
As it has been said before, last year there were plenty of the villains pack. And it actually lasted several days. Not all have thought, so it's a bet.
so how much is the shipping usually?

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2016, 01:08:03 PM »
I get MattyCollector emails but I'm not actually a member, and their website is so badly broken I can't even look for a place to potentially sign up.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2016, 11:48:06 AM »

You can also check eBay after the con actually starts.  Pre-order prices are generally outrageous; but once the con begins and sellers have them in-hand, the prices on eBay begin to drop.
I shelled out $100 for Raven Queen last year (pre-order); and sure enough, after the con started, she dropped to $50 and $60.  Hell, there's some on eBay right now for $45.

Offline Scaredevil

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2016, 11:31:00 AM »
I love Robecca's outfit but not sure of the shiny finish. I'll wait for real photos of her before going on evilBay to get my own set. This is the first time I've ever wanted an SDCC set, so I don't feel so bad paying those prices.

Offline Shante9700

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »
Got the email from matty that they'll be having an online sale open to us who can't go. Robecca isn't on the list I want to cry!

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »
Got the email from matty that they'll be having an online sale open to us who can't go. Robecca isn't on the list I want to cry!

I keep getting the emails but I don't think I'm a member. I guess it's just shipping to home? (their shipping is kind of a sham so I might just keep my ebay order because at least i'll help out a con goer).

Or I might use my newfound Ebay funds to try and get Cedar. I guess it's because apparently nothing sold out during the presale.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:58:51 PM by Morieris »
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]