collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Doll things you've missed out on  (Read 196 times)

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
Doll things you've missed out on
« on: July 04, 2020, 11:55:32 AM »
So yesterday I was looking at this cute little vintage jewelry box on Mercari that I wanted to use as a mini dresser for my American Girl dolls. It was priced at $15, which is a great deal compared to the $40+ vintage jewelry boxes you would find on sites like Etsy or eBay. All I needed to know were the dimensions of the box so I could see if it would fit in my American Girl dollhouse. I was about to message the seller and ask her, when boom! Someone else bought it. I've scoured the internet but I can't seem to find anything else like it, at least for a reasonable price. I might have to end up stalking my local thrift stores.

So my question for you guys is, what doll-related things did you plan on buying/were about to buy that you missed out on? It could be an auction on eBay you were outbid on, or even an item in store that was gone before you could get to it. Maybe the item is still available, but you missed out on an amazing deal. I'm curious to hear what everyone has to say!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 03:02:12 PM by respositob »

Offline lilyflower332

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scary Cute
    • View Profile
Re: Doll things you've missed out on
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 04:12:44 PM »
(im 19 for context)
I remember seeing C A Cupid in store and almost buying her, before my mom convinced me otheriwse.
I also passed up on Amanita Nightshade in favor of some EQG dolls that were ultimately a huge disappointment.
Quite sure i've also seen Isi in-store and passed her up, along with b/w swimsuit Frankie and swim Holt.

Not that they're impossible to get now, just that i would have much preferred the ~20$ in store to the ~40ish online they can go for nowadays

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 06:59:43 AM »
(im 19 for context)
I remember seeing C A Cupid in store and almost buying her, before my mom convinced me otherwise.
I also passed up on Amanita Nightshade in favor of some EQG dolls that were ultimately a huge disappointment.
Quite sure i've also seen Isi in-store and passed her up, along with b/w swimsuit Frankie and swim Holt.

Not that they're impossible to get now, just that i would have much preferred the ~20$ in store to the ~40ish online they can go for nowadays

Aww, man. That stinks. Especially Isi, she tends to go for a lot the last time I checked. I hope you're able to add them to your collection someday.

I actually missed out on Black and White Skull Shores Frankie, too. I just need her, Gil, and Lagoona and I'll have the complete line. Hopefully we'll both find good deals, lol.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:48:36 PM by respositob »

Offline QueenGab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 10:14:25 AM »
Oh man! I hate missing out on doll deals..  I have 3 major deals that I remember the most, one was like back in 2016, I saw a BNIB I heart fashion Venus for like 25 dollars on Ebay, and I do not know WHY I didn't get it. I regret it to this day!

Also I missed out on a I heart fashion Wydowna (this must have been 2017 or 2016) at Toys R Us because I thought it would go cheaper, as it had been 50 euro, then 40 and then 30, but it sold out at 30 :(

And last but never least, the 2017 collectors Abbey, that was not a deal really, but the price was around 30 usd, and I thought it would not sell out as fast, and then... oh well.

Offline Aery

• Crafty Kitty of Chaos
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • My toy blog
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 11:08:15 AM »
I missed out on Zomby Gaga when she was on Amazon at retail.. I was broke and homeless at the time, but I still wish I'd spent that $20 on that stupid doll. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal