collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 98
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Moonlight Mystery {NEW WEBISODE!]  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Fairy Tale Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Ever After High Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Moonlight Mystery {NEW WEBISODE!]
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:07:11 AM »
I like Ramona. Where is her doll? I'll admit though, it wasn't what I was expecting...

The gift of eternal dance sounds awful...

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:12:45 AM »
I like Ramona. Where is her doll? I'll admit though, it wasn't what I was expecting...

Yeah that sounds more like the red shoes girl...I really don't like Ramona's voice but whatever.

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:40:12 AM »

In most fantasy places (like the old D&D worlds) that was a curse, not a gift.

Dead things, Mikey! Dead things!!!

Offline Marisol Coxi

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is my personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:54:04 AM »
Honestly, i have mixed feelings about this episode. Duchess was there, so yay, did nothing, which is a nay. Justine is cute and I really like Ramona, but the plot was just confusing. Then there were the dormrooms, which are always great to see, and the music and animation were amazing, but it was suprisingly serious, like how many jokes were there...
marisolcoxi on tumblr!!

Offline nodesire

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »
That was a confusing plot. But I have a mad lady crush on Ramona. That voice! Any reason for Baba Yaga to be teaching dance? Has her story ever been told as a ballet?

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 11:04:44 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice to see some other teachers of dolls we won't get.

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
Baba Yaga is a very odd choice for a teacher
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I do like her chicken-legged house though. Has it wandered through any webisodes?
Dead things, Mikey! Dead things!!!

Offline Marisol Coxi

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is my personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 11:43:10 AM »
Baba Yaga is a very odd choice for a teacher
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I do like her chicken-legged house though. Has it wandered through any webisodes?

It has appeared in the Thronecoming special and in two episodes, Faybelle's Choice and Driving Me Cukoo, the latter being focused on the actual hut.
marisolcoxi on tumblr!!

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 02:09:11 PM »
I know the plots of the webisodes usually don't mention he specials(other than using characters that debuted there) but still.... it was a plot more appropiate for the first chapter, when they still had he wholemdestiny thing going on...
Anyway, Ramona and Justine having their first protagonic? YAY!
Ashlynn and Humphrey doing something? YAAAAYYYY
Blondie too, but she hasn't been as out of focus as Ashlynn

Offline QuirkyCat

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 02:35:42 PM »
I am loving Justine more and more. I already don't like Ramona's voice she sounds like a sketchy forty year old.

Offline Manster Guy

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 02:37:35 PM »
 I really liked it, nice to see Justine in a story that involves her dancing in her enchanted sleep without realising that it was her sleep-dancing that had worn out the shoes. Ramona was excellent as well, hope we don't have to wait too long before we see her in doll form.
Is it me or has the animation been upgraded a bit?
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.

Offline Claire85

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 03:41:54 PM »
I really liked it!
Justine is a really good character and it's nice to see her personality more. I am kind of confused though.
Did she not know she was the 12th dancing princess? Because everyone else in the school/reality knows
what story they are from and what their actual destiny is..
Did she just not know? And how?

I agree with the Ramona statements. That Voice Actor is just... yeesh. She sounds so mature and not in a good way.
But, I really want to see more of her, especially a doll form. Just.. work on that voice actor.

Also, the episode kind of felt like "Here is who you may see in the future Ballet Line".. At least I hope so.  ^^;
Justine, Ashylnn, Blondie, and Duchess would be my guesses.

Offline Mickey Rumble

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 10:10:50 PM »
The only thing I like about Ramona's voice is that at least we now have a good idea which sister is older.

Offline furyXIV

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • in parentheses, let me stress the fact clearly
    • View Profile
    • Drawings, Plush, and Dolls
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »
So I fully understand that this is not only meant for young kids, but also that there's no real timeline when it comes to the webisodes anyway, but what the crap is up with the webisode timelines? Like i thought it was established the destinies are meant to be chosen?

side note: so you're the 12th daughter of the last 12th dancing princess, and all of your sisters have the destiny of being a dancing princess, and yet you weren't sure that you would be one too? How would this even be an issue in this universe?

I liked Ramona, still think her existence at all is super confusing, but I do have a soft spot for the type of character.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:25:17 PM by furyXIV »
I dream of a day where I have shelves

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 12:04:50 AM »
So I fully understand that this is not only meant for young kids, but also that there's no real timeline when it comes to the webisodes anyway, but what the crap is up with the webisode timelines? Like i thought it was established the destinies are meant to be chosen?

side note: so you're the 12th daughter of the last 12th dancing princess, all of your sisters have the destiny of being a dancing princess, and you weren't sure that you would be one too? How would this even be an issue in this universe?

I liked Ramona, still think her existence at all is super confusing, but I do have a soft spot for the type of character.

As I understand it they still have destinies it's just they can choose if they want to follow it or not. Not choosing to follow it just won't get anyone poofed now but it still has the effect of throwing things off for the others who share the story.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
It's weird that she didn't know that she might be one of the next 12 dancing princesses given that she is daughter of one of the prior 12 dancing princesses
But maybe she has so many cousins that could fit the profile that it would be a Poppy-Holly scenario, when only 1 of them gets to follow the legacy. In this case only 12 of them.

Also, in the books it was one of the previous princesses that were the ballet teachers.. I think.. or maybe it was the one with the red shoes.. I'm confused  ^^;
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline chartreuse_eyes89

• Fangtastic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
I found the plot a little...meh...
But Justine is such a sweet character  :big grin: The one thing about the web episodes is even if the plot is weak it can be carried by its great characters.

Offline MissEllie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »
It's weird that she didn't know that she might be one of the next 12 dancing princesses given that she is daughter of one of the prior 12 dancing princesses
But maybe she has so many cousins that could fit the profile that it would be a Poppy-Holly scenario, when only 1 of them gets to follow the legacy. In this case only 12 of them.

Also, in the books it was one of the previous princesses that were the ballet teachers.. I think.. or maybe it was the one with the red shoes.. I'm confused  ^^;

In the story, the youngest is the one it really focuses on. Since she's the youngest, of the youngest, wouldn't that make it her destiny to be the one that the book focuses on? Or am I remembering it wrong? I also thought the plot on this one was weird, and was really disappointed given that the 12 Dancing Princesses is my favorite fairy tale that's ever heard of.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 08:54:28 PM »

In the story, the youngest is the one it really focuses on. Since she's the youngest, of the youngest, wouldn't that make it her destiny to be the one that the book focuses on? Or am I remembering it wrong? I also thought the plot on this one was weird, and was really disappointed given that the 12 Dancing Princesses is my favorite fairy tale that's ever heard of.
usually it's the eldest and the youngest the ones that stand out more(The eldest for being bossy and the leader, the youngest for being paranoid about being followed, or outright saying that what they're doing is wrong), and the dude who solves the mystery chooses either of them depending on the version

And the only way the plot makes sense is if they have a case like Gus and Helga in that they are cousin but are treated as sibling by the story of Hansel and Gretel, maybe the 12 Dancing Princesses can have many children each but of all of them only 12 will be "chosen" to play the 12 dancing princesses, and since Justin has some cousins, she wasn't sure she would be one of the official Dancing Princesses... or something.