collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: No more storybooks/diaries?  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Manster Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
No more storybooks/diaries?
« on: March 26, 2016, 03:21:06 AM »
Looking at the recent pics of the new sigs it looks like the little storybooks/diary has been replaced by a sort of collector card featuring the dolls artwork. How does everyone feel about this?
Because I'm in the UK we normally get multi language diaries etc, which I hate as we never get the full story, just normally a couple of sentences which really winds me up. So for me personally I don't mind the changeover as I'd rather have the lovely artwork card rather than a hatchet-job story.

Thoughts?....
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: No more storybooks/diaries?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 06:41:05 AM »
I don't think that person who has the early sigs is in the US...so maybe worldwide doesn't have them anymore, which sucks.

Honestly, I like the stories, only for more fanfic writing fodder.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline leenetje

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 06:41:32 AM »
yeah as another international collector. I don't really care, I never get a comprehensible story anyway. at least the artwork on those cards seemed cute.

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 07:35:35 AM »
I like the stories.. but if it's a choice between the stupid Euro not-stories and artwork, I'd go for artwork. I hate the Euro "diaries" >_<

Offline Ocean

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »
I noticed that too. I'd rather they made cuts on cardboard props rather than things I considered more important (outfit details, paint, stands, jewelry). Unfortunately they are cutting it all, so even though I don't mind too much about the change to the diaries in itself, it's just one more reason I wouldn't be motivated to buy.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 03:39:59 PM »
Because I'm in the UK we normally get multi language diaries etc, which I hate as we never get the full story, just normally a couple of sentences which really winds me up. So for me personally I don't mind the changeover as I'd rather have the lovely artwork card rather than a hatchet-job story.

Thoughts?....

I also get the international diaries(I'm in Mexico) but they seem to have change this recently, I at least can confirm that both Haunted and Boo York diaries were complete in spanish and Alistair bookmark thingie was complete and in spanish too... So, Royals & Rebels 5.0 and newest are probably in the full language.

Offline Manster Guy

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 04:05:18 AM »
Taking a closer look on CupidCA site, the written text on the reverse of the cards are still in two styles, one all written in english, the other in multi-lang. Still I'd also forgo the card/paper doo-daas in preference of painted details on the accessories. While they're at it Mattel should also make generic box backing cards instead of printing individual cards with those silly symbols for each doll. They can then reduce the packaging budget so they can include the earrings, yeah right. ;)
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.

Offline leenetje

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 05:37:55 AM »

Thoughts?....

I also get the international diaries(I'm in Mexico) but they seem to have change this recently, I at least can confirm that both Haunted and Boo York diaries were complete in spanish and Alistair bookmark thingie was complete and in spanish too... So, Royals & Rebels 5.0 and newest are probably in the full language.

well, i also noted a change in the international diaries from MH starting at haunted. they had even more languages in them, all of the onces i have now have 6 or so languages. i'm happy that you yet a full language one, but that's certainly not the case for all of the international ones. wich is even more of a weird choice if you think about it.