collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 13
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: EAH faceup/makeup variants  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Pastel Gothgoyle Princess
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Spooktacular
  • Scarily Ever After
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
EAH faceup/makeup variants
« on: March 10, 2016, 09:28:28 PM »
So once upon a time, the very first releases of the very first sigs had eyebrows that faded towards the inner corners, soon replaced by faceups with solid eyebrows. And then there are faceup differences between the re-released First Chapter sigs and their original versions. And of course, there are often faceup variants between the same dolls depending on whether they were produced in China vs Indonesia.

But today I found an Enchanted Picnic Blondie that has a variant too. All of the EP dolls on the shelf were made in China, and all the Blondies but one had full black eyeliner, top and bottom lashes. That's the only faceup I've seen for her... but then there was THIS Blondie:

Her bottom eyeliner/lashes are brown! And she's still made in China like the others. Is this a known thing for her that I've just missed hearing about? I really like the way this gives her eyes a slightly softer look. I didn't see any Picnic Ravens or Cerises with variant makeup; just the one lone Blondie.

What other makeup/faceup variants have people found? I'd love to add any details to the stickied EAH Guide. :)

Offline WildHoney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
  • Meet Ze Monsta
    • View Profile

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
Re: EAH faceup/makeup variants
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 12:11:30 PM »
I've seen 2 different lipstick colors on Dragon Games Poppy: bright pink and medium purple.

Offline Zombelina

• Spooktacular
  • Scarily Ever After
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 07:25:11 PM »
So interesting! Lip color certainly seems to be the most susceptible to variance. The difference between those MB Ashlynns' lips is particularly dramatic!

Offline Ringlets

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creeperific
  • Be yourself, dare to dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 04:24:46 AM »
I have the MB Ashlynn with the darker/brighter lips, and the School spirit Apple with the dark red lips. My Blondie is the regular black lash one. I forgot to check Lizzie. DG Poppy has bright /dark pink lips.
I'm gonna have to go check all my dolls now :P I was already adding Indonesia/china and any other release variation to my collection without looking for other variations in the same release too. I is doomed. *eyes empty wallet* :facepalm:

BIG WANT BUDGET EAH DEXTER please!! 
<3 Wanted: http://mharena.com/index.php?topic=14405.new#new  <3

Offline WildHoney

• Voltageous
  • Meet Ze Monsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 05:28:46 PM »
My Enchanted Picnic Cerise Hood has the brown bottom lashes.

Enchanted Picnic Cerise Hood by Flor C, en Flickr

Surprisingly (or not...) she came with two left arms (upper and bottom). The hands are correct. I wonder if it was a mistake or a half assed budget doll. Anyway I love Cerise so much so I don't mind as it is barely noticeable (but now that I know it,  it will bug me and haunt me forever :blush)

This is the bottom of her box. Made in China for the EU market

ETA: Every Cerise I saw on flickr/blogs has brown bottom eyelashes. I wonder if there'a a variant with black.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 05:33:27 PM by WildHoney »

Offline Zombelina

• Spooktacular
  • Scarily Ever After
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 07:01:19 PM »
ETA: Every Cerise I saw on flickr/blogs has brown bottom eyelashes. I wonder if there'a a variant with black.

My EP Cerise has brown bottom lashes too, yes. I'd be really interested to know if there's an all-black-lash variant for her! And on the other hand, my EP Raven has all-black lashes and I've never seen one with brown bottom lashes, but I wonder if there is?

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 09:57:40 PM »
Lol so... Speaking of Enchanted Picnic Cerise! I went to check if mine had brown lower lashes, and they both do, BUT one has shiny lips and one has matte!!!!

Offline Ringlets

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creeperific
  • Be yourself, dare to dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 03:41:26 AM »
I just checked WTW Lizzie and mine is the lighter heart mark one with gloss lips :P 
My EP girls: Cerise has brown bottom lashes and matte lips,  Blondie has all black lashes and gloss lips - she also has curly hair. (I presume all of them do though I'm not sure. The other ones for sale I've of her MIB have had their hair pulled back tight), Raven has black lashes but the bottom part of her eyeliner is brown like her eyebrows, her lips are gloss.
Now we're all looking I bet we find tons of variations :blink:  ^^;

BIG WANT BUDGET EAH DEXTER please!! 
<3 Wanted: http://mharena.com/index.php?topic=14405.new#new  <3

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 08:18:47 AM »
Lol so... Speaking of Enchanted Picnic Cerise! I went to check if mine had brown lower lashes, and they both do, BUT one has shiny lips and one has matte!!!!

Interesting about the variations on this doll.  I pulled mine and looked at her and though she has the brown lower lashes the bottom eyeliner on mine is black.  She has the matte lips.
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline Zombelina

• Spooktacular
  • Scarily Ever After
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 04:37:58 PM »
Wow, interesting, Melissa/Ringlets/Shahaila! I don't even know what's a variant and what's standard for Enchanted Picnic anymore :lol: Brown/black eyeliner/lashes, gloss/matte lips in infinite combinations!

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 07:31:29 AM »
Wow, interesting, Melissa/Ringlets/Shahaila! I don't even know what's a variant and what's standard for Enchanted Picnic anymore :lol: Brown/black eyeliner/lashes, gloss/matte lips in infinite combinations!
To be honest I have no idea what is the standard and what are variants.  Consistency is apparently not an EAH strong-suit  :biggrin:
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline Mickey Rumble

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 06:29:24 PM »
I looked at my EP Cerise, she has brown lower lashes and matte lipstick. BUT, she also has a shiny patch between her mouth and nose, like the gloss was applied too high. Kind of looks like she has a runny nose.  :biggrin: It's not really noticeable when she's lit from above so I doubt I'm going to remove the gloss.

She also has the correct number of right and left arms, and they're in the right spots. That two left arms error is weird.