collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

March 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
[7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Doll Surprises!  (Read 4673 times)

Offline beautiful_monster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • I want more life.
    • View Profile
Doll Surprises!
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:14:29 PM »
Has anyone ever surprised you with a doll "just because?"Or have you ever surprised someone with a doll they really wanted?

Let's share those stories here!

1) My old boyfriend surprised me with a Haunted Rochelle and Zombie Shake Venus/Rochelle for two of our monthly anniversaries, despite me pleading with him not to spend any money on me. He was a sweetheart and of course I treasure the dolls. (Same BF also split the cost of the Love in Scaris pack with me!)

2) I was talking today to a dear friend about how Gloom n Bloom Jane Boolittle is the only Jane I don't have, and she threw in at the end of a conversation that I would be getting a package from Amazon on Friday! I honestly have no idea what she got me but my hunch is that it's Jane. She also surprised me with a Geek Shriek Catty Noir -- I was going to send her a gift card to cover the cost of the doll and have her ship it to me via Amazon Prime - but she just up and bought it for me and refused to let me pay her back.

3) While strolling through Wal-Mart with another friend the day before my birthday, I saw Kjersti and mentioned how at some point I was going to have to pick her up. After walking past the display, my friend make some remark about something unrelated as a distraction, but I turned and saw that he had her in hand and he totally got her for me as a birthday present.

4) I went to visit my niece for her birthday. I brought her a Jinafire Long FdC as a present. I also brought my FdC play set that I got with Rochelle. We played dolls for a bit (she has a ton of EAHs and MHs) and then when it was time for me to go I told her that I was going to leave "my" play set there for her to play with when I was gone, but she had to "take very good care of it" because it was still "mine" and then we could play more on my next visit. She is spoiled rotten but I know she was so thrilled to keep the playset! :D

Offline tictactoe_kf

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fangtastic
    • View Profile
Re: Doll Surprises!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:28:06 PM »
Those are all super sweet stories! My current boyfriend bought me Cleolei for our first Christmas together. She's one of my favorites to this day because he's the only one (other than myself) who has ever bought a doll for me before. :) I'm definitely going to treasure her. I also gave my coworker's daughter Honey Swamp and signature Operetta (both doubles for me) for her birthday last year and she was just thrilled.

Offline tornadotwist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 11:14:33 PM »
Normally I get MLP things on by B-day cake but this year it was something different. At my Bday I was allowed to open the box and then I saw an image of Casta Fierce. So then my mom gets a bag and pulls out her doll to put on my cake! I seriously didnt expect that! :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:33:34 PM by tornadotwist »

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 06:31:56 AM »
My fiance found out about my love of monster high this christmas.. he was planning on giving me the holiday barbie but when i mentioned how much i loved elledee so much he noticed so when i opened the box for christmas.. there was holiday barbie AND signature Ell'.
Hes such a sweet guy!!

Offline Poster

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
When I came home from Louisiana last year, there was Ghoul Sports Clawdeen, waiting for me at home. :D

Offline NitronicZombie

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »
My girlfriend got me the signature Werecat twins for my birthday and I got her Scaremester Twyla for hers

An utter Catastrophe

Offline beautiful_monster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • I want more life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 08:03:54 PM »
I'm loving these stories! Thank you for sharing.

I have another good one.

I was visiting thePaleEmpress last year, and she was helping me reroot my first doll! I remarked on how amazing her customized MHs are, and for my birthday she surprised me with one of my very own (which I have not yet posted to Flickr because I'm a horrible friend and very lazy.) ! She is such a sweetheart and so very talented!!!!

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 05:43:11 PM »
This doesn't exactly count, but I'd bought an extra Enchanted Picnic Blondie doll on eBay and just gave her to a little two year old boy on a whim. His mother's really cool about him having dolls, and she tells me that he was shocked and ridiculously excited when he got it. He takes it with him to daycare and sleeps holding her, and he hasn't lost her purse or her shoes (his mama says the shoes are usually the first things to go).

I just love hearing about little boys who have open-minded parents, so when the woman was telling me about how her son loves dolls, I just knew I'd found the perfect home for Blondie. Hopefully he'll grow up and fondly remember his good times playing with her. I usually feel anxious around kids, but seeing pictures of a happy little boy playing with a doll I love makes me kinda think it wouldn't be so bad being around a kid for a little bit.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline schroedinbug

• Vampire Slayer
  • tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 07:03:58 PM »
My girlfriend recently bought me 13 Wishes Twyla. She hasn't gotten here in the mail yet but I'm pretty happy about it. Also I know it's not a doll but my roommate found MH leggings and got them for me which is funny cause they fit perfect and I had no idea they made them

Offline Lions Go Rawr

• Create a Monster
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 11:39:55 PM »
My closest friend happens to be an online one, and while he doesn't collect dolls, he's the biggest supporter of my collection, and is always asking about new releases and to see any new dolls I purchase. Last Christmas we decided to exchange gifts, and he bought both Royally Ever After Apple and Heartstuck Cupid because he thought they were both pretty. He also picked up a Flara Blaze promptly after I raged that none of my local stores got her. All of these were incredibly sweet gestures, because I know he spent a lot of time hunting down these gems.

My ex boyfriend surprised me with a Mira Shards and Melody Piper as a late anniversary gift. They were both shiny and fairly new on Amazon listings at the time, and I was very touched by how thoughtful he was.

I bought my ex boyfriend's little sister a Freak Du Chic Honey Swamp the second it came in the local stores because Honey is her favorite character. There was no reason behind it outside of wanting her to have each release of her favorite character. She was so excited, and it was one of the few dolls that didn't end up with a broken leg.
Also bought her an EAH Madeline Hatter when EAH first came out. Her mom was in the hospital at the time and I wanted to give her something to smile about. She didn't take to EAH very well, but she played with that Maddie non stop for two months.
Bring me home in a blinding dream through the secrets that I have seen.
Wash the sorrow from off my skin, show me how to be whole again.
I'm only a crack, in this castle of glass. Hardly anything there for you to see.

Offline ViolenceAndRainbows

• First Wave Dead Tired
  • Professional Lurker...
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 03:14:19 PM »
These are fun :)~

In 2013-early 2014, my boyfriend and I searched everywhere for Swim Class Holt, but of course, he was always sold out.  I had given up on finding him, but after my first year of grad school was done in 2014, my boyfriend gave one of him he had ordered on ebay to me as a present! :)

In 2012, I had just started collecting Monster High, and I only had one doll, Sig Venus, but was very interested in getting more and had told my mom all about them.  Well, she had gone to the store and brought me back a Sig Abbey!  I feel even more grateful for this doll, now, since it was probably just about to disappear from stores forever and it's my favorite version released of Abbey (my favorite character) - my mom must have a doll sixth sense ;)...

Offline leenetje

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 12:09:21 PM »
so last month it was a local comic book convention, quite big. we mostly go for the anime merchandise that both my boyfriend and me collect, and we bring quite a lot of pocket change that we save up for.

So around the time we have seen all the stands, and i have collected about 90% of my wishlist (resulting in empty wallet) we run into a stand that has a coffin bean robecca. a doll that NEVER showed up in my country, and one that was very high on my wishlist. You never find MH dolls in that con, that's not the con it is. My boyfriend without thinking a second bought me that very cheaply priced random MH doll, that was pretty much one of my holy grails even though he still had some wants on his wishlist left.  :blush:

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »
I love stories like this.

A few years back I bought Signature Vipirine and had sent her to someone to be customized.  That person left the Arena and Vipirine was lost to me.  I was sad about it, but did not replace her I thought I would wait to see a nude one come up for trade (which I never did).  That Christmas my dear friend OMGitsaLisa, who has now passed away, sent me a beautiful nude Vipirine to replace my lost one.  I was so touched by that, that she would even remember much less get her for me.

Another very dear Arena friend got me Sweet Screams Frankie for my b-day last year, and also included some nude dolls and stock that I really wanted.  Sweet Screams Frankie was long gone from stores around here at that point, so needless to say tears of joy came to eyes at seeing that my friend had gotten her for me and not to mention totally spoiled me rotten with that b-day box full of amazing presents.

Last year dxgirly was selling off a portion of her collection, and I mentioned to my hubby that she had SDCC Iris for sale.  He thinks my ILF Iris pretty cool with the one eye and all and told me to get her, that being SDCC she was a special doll and worth more, to consider it an early anniversary present.  She is my one and only SDCC doll.

A friend of mine's daughter loved my EAH dolls, I really needed to pair down the collection a little so I sent her home with my WTW Apple doll.  She loved her so much that I decided that I would send her more of the dolls as I continue my task and made each of them a customized outfit to go with her.  She now has a Signature Cedar, LD Maddie, and TC Cupid, and this week I am sending her Picnic Blondie and Sig. Kitty  :).  Her mom and I thought it would be fun to separate them out and give them to her when she has achieved in school or if she is in need of a pick-me-up.  Knowing the dolls are going to someone who loves them so much and that they are being played with brings me a lot of joy.

Another one of my friends loves Centaurs, she actually gave Avea to me a couple of Christmases ago.  She does not collect dolls or anything like that but this Christmas I surprised her with 2 Frightmares and she was so totally excited about the.  Made me smile to see how much she loves them.
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline Elissabrat

• Stiff
  • Want some cake..?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 03:58:48 PM »
Love this thread. :)

Not really sure, but I think my Love bought secretly a Music Festival Abbey Bominable for our anniversary next month, because I said that I adore her so much (and not much later, she was suddenly sold out on amazon). :inlove:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:00:59 PM by Elissabrat »

Offline evil.barbie

• Stiff
  • "You know me.I'm comfortable being in the shadows"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 01:41:41 AM »

This past Saturday 4/30/16 was my birthday.
And my Fiance surpised me with the
Sweet 1600 Collector Draculaura Doll.

💕👿💀🎁🎂🎀

It was such an amazing surprise.
Was at the top of my doll wishlist.
Really is such a beautiful doll.   
I love her! :bat:

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 07:53:23 AM »
So many times my family has been "I was going to buy you a doll but I don't know if you have it" and I go "Well I would have appreciated it anyway because YOU bought it for me!"

But last year, my dad did buy me a discounted Avea from Target :D That was nice.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal