collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

March 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 [6]
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: MH Video Games  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
MH Video Games
« on: March 07, 2016, 05:11:16 PM »
I know the New Ghoul @ School game has probably been out for some time but I only saw it recently and saw some reviews on amazon and most people bought it for their daughter and their daughter loves it.  However, being an adult collector I don't want to play something super easy and super boring.  Has anyone here played it and if so what did you think?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Edit for post-merge clarity- Melissa, Monster discussion mod
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:34:48 AM by Melissa »

Offline PuffPink

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • PuffPink
Re: MH Video Games
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:00:18 AM »
Well it is pretty easy. It's a lot of fetch quests. I haven't gotten too far in it though.
It might be fun if you like bugging official characters and customizing your own monster.

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 07:03:51 AM »
Well it is pretty easy. It's a lot of fetch quests. I haven't gotten too far in it though.
It might be fun if you like bugging official characters and customizing your own monster.

Thanks for responding.  Can you explore the school too?

Offline PuffPink

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • PuffPink
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 07:06:12 AM »

Thanks for responding.  Can you explore the school too?

Yes. It kinda reminds me of those old HP games? There's a lot of hallways then like, pool, biteology, the gym, library, kitchen stuff like that.

Offline prism

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 07:19:29 AM »
It is an easy game, lots of little quests and running around collecting things. If you are looking for a relaxing game to play, this is it  ;)

You get to customize your own monster, meet canon characters, go on quests, and collect things. You do get to explore the school a bit, with some quests and collections taking you to secret passages and attic spaces. There are also a couple of  puzzles to solve! Its a nice mix of genres on an easier level.  At the end of the day, you get to go home to your room, which I thought was pretty cute.

We play it on the Xbox 360, and have run into 2 glitches. Pretty much every game has one or two, not a big deal, but we did have to restart the Xbox and pick up from our last auto-save.

Its a nice departure from the more high-intensity grown up games my husband and I play together. If you like a happy little game to chill with, this will fit the bill.

Offline NitronicZombie

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »
really easy game but it's fun to explore the school. And the customization is cool.

An utter Catastrophe

Offline textsfrommh

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 01:47:25 PM »
The game is being played by Ross and Suzy from Game Grumps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XgvgWFbWI8

There's already fanart of their created character on Tumbr.

Offline bewilderbeastie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • "Taako's good out here."
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr~
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 10:57:44 AM »
Does it exist for PC?
Looking for Scooter Ghoulia's boots, Dexter's glasses, any Gil Webber bits and pieces and Pokémon figures!

Offline NitronicZombie

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 12:16:01 PM »

An utter Catastrophe

Offline Mickey Rumble

• Clawsome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 03:34:32 PM »
I have like 500 steam games, how did I not know this?  :blink:

OK, it's added to my wishlist.  :P

Offline welcomequeenalice

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
  • On the Air with C.A. Cupid!
    • View Profile
    • Robots in the Crosswalks
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 03:41:40 PM »
For people looking for more of challenge, I found it a bit harder to play as a ghost - since their feet don't touch the ground, it's harder to tell where you standing when you need to jump.  :P

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 08:46:06 AM »
Does anyone own any of the MH video games? I was wondering if they are any good and worth playing. I don't know if they would be super easy like the My Little Pony Runaway Rainbow game I bought :P

Merging this with an older thread on the same topic. -Melissa, Monster Discussion mod
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:33:03 AM by Melissa »

Offline tornadotwist

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 09:51:12 AM »
I played the "New Ghoul at School" game on Steam. It's quite easy but its kinda fun. :)

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Anyone Have Issues With PS3 Version Of New Ghoul At School?
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 03:45:17 PM »
I bought this game from a third party seller on amazon.  The game is brand new, sealed and everything.  I haven't seen this game in PS3 version since it first game out so I decided to order from amazon.  The game loads and goes through it's advertisement of showing the characters and what not then it says "press start" and I press start and nothing happens.

I bought Lego Batman and have been playing that and the start button works fine and I also bought a box set of a TV series and again the start button works fine.  I restarted my system and even reset the controller, and nothing.

I did get a PS3 controller decal of Nightmare Before Christmas but it hasn't affected anything with the start button because I've had it on there since late last week and again when I played my other new game and everything has worked fine.

I'm frustrated because I was looking forward to playing this game for a while and it's not working.

Merging this with the video game thread since this information may be relevant for those who are considering picking up this game. -Melissa, Monster Discussion mod
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:37:27 PM by Melissa »

Offline Majesty

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Have Issues With PS3 Version Of New Ghoul At School?
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 04:44:32 PM »
OK so for an update I contacted Little Orbit, the company who made the game and they told me that it might not be working because I might need a newer model of the PS3 controller.  The original is sixaxis and they said I might need a DualShock 3.  Other people have had this issue and they said once they got a different controller the game worked.  Easy to fix I guess.

On the brightside the person who sold me the game on amazon got back to me and refunded my amazon gift card order amount and told me I can keep the game so maybe I'll use the money to get a DualShock 3 controller so I can play my game.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:37:53 PM by Melissa »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal