collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

April 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
[5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: What's the last MH thing you bought? 3  (Read 190537 times)

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last MH thing you bought? 3
« Reply #1380 on: February 29, 2020, 07:30:58 AM »
SDCC Webarella in Box!

Oh, my Ra! Soooooooo jealous! :P

Offline respositob

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 03, 2020, 04:47:51 PM »
For the first time in ages, I bought myself some new MH dolls!

I was in Walgreens with my mom, and of course I had to take a peek in the toy aisle even though I didn't really expect to find anything. To my surprise, sitting on the bottom shelf were three of the re-released Gloom Beach dolls; two Clawdeens and a Frankie! G1 Monster High in the wild! Naturally, I picked up one of each character. I believe they were $10 each.

I don't remember the last time I was so excited about finding something doll related in a store. It just reminded me so much of the good old days when MH was in its glory and you could find the dolls everywhere. I do wish they had a Cleo, though, to complete the collection (or at least the re-released one). Oh, well. You can't have everything.

I had missed out on the original Gloom Beach dolls, and I never really thought about collecting that line anyway, as Skull Shores appealed to me more. But now that I have Clawdeen and Frankie, I'm pleasantly surprised and I kind of want the rest of them now. They're super cute, and I especially love Clawdeen's shoes and that she came with a Frisbee. It goes with her whole wolf/dog theme and also the beach theme, so I think it's super clever.

Anyway, if you're looking for MH I suggest checking out your local Walgreens. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 04:49:57 PM by respositob »

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 05, 2020, 02:38:15 PM »
Congrats! Whoa, stumbling upon boxed MH in a store in 2020 - that must have felt really cool! :cool:

I've recently purchased a few dolly items from HollowedBone here on the Arena, and while it contained mostly non-MH dolls and items, there was one MH item in the package that made me super happy - it is Bonita's dress! I have always been on the fence about Bonita, loving anything skeleton-themed, but the doll itself somehow never enough to buy her for the relatively high price she goes for here. After years of looking to find one cheap, I did come across one at a reasonably good price, but by that time I also realised it already that I probably don't want her after all. I never regretted not purchasing her, and I no longer look at ads.
I didn't know I want her dress either, it was just in the lot I purchased. However, when I pulled it out of the packaging, it hit me: its colour scheme and theme seems to fit my Lalita (in my avatar) perfectly. I brought her out, tried the dress on her, and it was an instant love! She was not displayed recently, and I felt sorry for the lack of love she received - now I put her out on display, and I find myself turning to look at her often - I'm in love again :)
:roch: :skel:

Offline ghoulbunny

• One-Eyed Ghoul
  • -Monster High pun of an expression here-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 24, 2020, 10:19:50 PM »
I recently got a G1 Spectra, new in box! I'm really glad to have her, as she's who I was looking for for a while. I think for a while, I'm going to just keep looking for G1 dolls on eBay
wee woo

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Creeperific
  • Currently collecting again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 25, 2020, 01:13:50 AM »
I just bought 2010 SDCC Frankie black and white for $188 with taxes and shipping!! :)

Offline Freezestime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 26, 2020, 01:57:48 AM »
I recently got a complete (minus stand and card) Freak du Chic Gooliope Jellington from a local IG seller and I'm waiting for a big parcel containing a Mega Block Twyla figure, a Nefera purse, 2 unknown MH dolls along with 2 assorted Create-a-Monster dolls and a bunch of other stuff.