collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Still Hunting in Hope?  (Read 449 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Absolutely Abbeylicious
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Pet Collector
  • 100% Good Accented Rottish Ghoul
    • View Profile
Still Hunting in Hope?
« on: July 15, 2019, 02:44:38 AM »
Does anyone else go into discount/overstock stores and still look for MH/EAH in the toy aisle, despite the fact it's been cleared for months or the only dolls will be the reboot stuff? I found some Dragon Games EAH by chance last year but didn't purchase, and I can't stop myself having a peek at discount shops, just in case some old stock has been found or missed  :cry:

Avatar Credit : Wookylee | Sig Credit : Seahawk270

MLP Gameloft Friend Code : 52b33c6 | MLPArena Account : Lady Frostbite

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Still Hunting in Hope?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 06:41:27 AM »
If we go to the town next to us, every now and then we pop into Roses just to check to see if it has any MH or EAH, though the last things we saw were Moucedes and a few reboot dolls last year.  No EAH for two years,.  Big Lots also doesn't have any MH or EAH and hasn't for at least a year.

I did get a surprise a few months ago by stepping into a Fred's.  They had a Ghoul Spirit Frankie and three Birthday Ball Cupids.  I passed on them, then next thing I heard, they were closing all Fred's stores.  Didn't get to go back before they closed.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »
I spotted some beach MH at Walgreens just the other day. It was nice to see them again.

Offline Talia AlGhul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 11:51:23 AM »
To be honest, I always look for EAH/MH whenever I'm in a toy store or the toy section of a big department store or a mall. Although I know that both doll lines are cancelled there's still hope in my heart that I find a doll, even if it's one I already own.
When I was in Sydney, Australia this February on vacation I was so thrilled to find a Sugar Coated Ginger Breadhouse for $AUS 29! :biggrin: Her box stood on the lowest shelf at the very back, so I think she was just forgotten. I certainly took her with me although I already had her.
I think I just can't accept the fact that such beautiful doll lines had to come to an end and I still haven't found another line that could replace them. :cry: (I'm not a big fan of the Wild Hearts Crew dolls, they're not half as beautiful as EAH or MH dolls.)

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
Sadly the only place I find original MH dolls are The Toy Vault, but I don't get to go that often.  Gosh I miss the days when you went to Target or Walmart and they had tons of original MH dolls or even TRU.

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zombie pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 04:38:40 PM »
Yeah... I wish I'd taken more advantage of them when they were plentiful. I mean, I did, I bought a lot back then, but I could have done better. :/

It's really depressing not looking forward to seeing new releases and I'm starting to miss when a doll was just 'meh' to me as opposed to there being none.

Offline taffeta

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 09:22:37 AM »
Does anyone else go into discount/overstock stores and still look for MH/EAH in the toy aisle, despite the fact it's been cleared for months or the only dolls will be the reboot stuff? I found some Dragon Games EAH by chance last year but didn't purchase, and I can't stop myself having a peek at discount shops, just in case some old stock has been found or missed  :cry:

There are toy stores here in the UK still stocking very old MH dolls. I've seen the ones from the underwater adventure that slips my mind namewise right now, plus the Boo York ones, in the last year. I am guessing they're probably old stock that got redistributed after TRU shut down, though.

我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 05:23:14 AM »
Yeah, kind of.

I remember the other day I was in a toy aisle browsing and it suddenly hit me that none of the stuff I collected was there. No MH, MLP, etc. I miss those two's heydays :(

I think I just can't accept the fact that such beautiful doll lines had to come to an end and I still haven't found another line that could replace them. :cry: (I'm not a big fan of the Wild Hearts Crew dolls, they're not half as beautiful as EAH or MH dolls.)

I'm kind of here right now, too. Enchantimals started to fill the void and now they're starting to disappear, too :/ Haven't seen Wild Hearts over here yet but so far I'm not a fan, they're just too "normal" for me.. I prefer my dolls to be a bit less.. human. ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:26:42 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Andi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Wonky Eyes
  • Why wont my avitar sit upright?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 06:29:44 AM »
I am still hunting at the Goodwill Outlet stores. Once in a great while some parent dumps their kids whole collection but that is rare. Now it is more likely to find very abused dolls or doll parts. It's fun to rescue some and try to repair and save them. The last one I found was a sad looking 17 inch Draculaura missing her skirt and an entire arm. With a little creative thinking I sculpted an arm out of an extra I had by adding some clay for thickness and painted it pink. Braided the nasty hair and sewed up a leather mini for her and she is not too bad. I feel bad seeing them in that condition, where mi one wants them.

I had this Raven missing both hands, ratty hair, no clothes and sharpe all over the chest and face. Really almost a hopeless doll for the most part. She was just abused. Over time and some tricky methods I got her face bleached pretty clean, found hands to paint and seal, some cute clothes and boiled her hair in to some cute, bratty pig tails. From where she came from, I think she looks awesome. So glad I saved her. You just can't find these dolls anywhere but e Bay and the costs keep going up or there is nothing new to get.

When is the re re boot coming?

Offline Fantoma

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Today at 05:37:53 AM »

When is the re re boot coming?
Which would be called G3. Sadly, it ain't happening any time soon, unless they've got some unexpected surprises in store for us next year when MH turns 10 years old.
"I don't snoop in your unlife, so please don't snoop in mine" :ghost:

Offline Bright Rabbit 1

• Midnight Magic
  • Custom Dolls 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Today at 06:22:00 AM »
On holiday last year I got Dead Tired Ghoulia minus her mask, hairbrush, and slippers. At a car boot in Great Yarmouth. Hoping to see if I can get some more at the car boot when I go on holiday in September.