collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Playset Ginger's eyes?  (Read 2389 times)

Offline dragonlady

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Playset Ginger's eyes?
« on: January 05, 2016, 07:11:20 AM »
I love Ginger but don't like her sig version due to her eye printing and placement (ie they didn't fill the space and made her look like she had bags under her eyes). Now that the Sugar Coated Kitchen playset has become cheaper I'm been considering this Ginger but am wondering if she has the same problem? I've looked at owner pics and it kind of looks like she does but can't really tell for sure. Can anyone help?
Where oh where has my Ghoulia gone? Oh where oh where could she be? (Seriously Mattel, where is she??!!)

Offline Jibrill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Playset Ginger's eyes?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:19:56 AM »
I don't have her in front of me (I'm away from home until next week) but I think her eyes were set slightly lower than the sig version, but I can't guarantee that at the moment...  If no one will be able to answer you by Monday I'll get back to you after checking her.

Overall the playset is wonderful and this Ginger has a definite softer look than the signature one. Also, more accessories!

Offline MissDireWolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »
My Sugar Coated Ginger has the same eye issues as my Signature Ginger. I hadn't really noticed it before but now that you pointed it out she does look like she has bags under her eyes.

I definitely prefer the Sugar Coated version over her signature version. As Jibrill pointed out she has a softer look to her plus they redid her glasses so they fit her face much better than the signature version.
Don't be a worry-flurry! Let's party!

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »
I had the opportunity to check quite a few sets when buying one last week. Some were just as terrible as the Sig, some worse :crazy: and a couple I could actually live with (I never could buy a Sig either)

I think it's definitely a set you'll want to buy in person at least.

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »
Luckily her glasses are not on her face in the play set so you can easily check. My Sig Ginger and Sugar Coated Ginger look nearly identical. Like, I can hardly tell the difference between the two. Both have very well-placed eyes for their mold. I guess I'm really lucky but neither look like they have bags under their eyes.

Offline DGRequiem

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »
Most of them are mis-printed the same way, but there are a COUPLE (and they are very rare) that aren't.  I saw one at a store that didn't have the eye issue and pounced--but that was like one out of at least 20-30 I've seen in the store that do have the same problem as the sig doll.    I  certainly wouldn't buy her online. 

By the way, the book club version of Ginger, the dang PROMOTIONAL PICTURES have misprinted eyes: http://monsterhighactually.blogspot.com/2015/10/ever-after-high-book-party-ginger.html  so this may be a problem that sticks around. 
Check out my Etsy Shop for custom dolls and doll clothes patterns!

Offline dragonlady

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 07:55:01 PM »
Thank you for all the help!!!
I've decided I will get the play set and am especially glad of the buy in person advice ( eBay had some cheap ones but all used stock photos).
Where oh where has my Ghoulia gone? Oh where oh where could she be? (Seriously Mattel, where is she??!!)

Offline Ocean

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 01:00:07 PM »
After looking at her once I was going to say that mine doesn't have it, but then I really started examining and comparing her to my other EA dolls (I don't have the other Ginger though) and it is possible her eyes are printed a weeny bit high, but I'm still not even sure on this because the outside corners of the eye don't seem like they should be any lower, but there is a mild indent near the inner bottom of her eyes. However, it looks almost intentional because the result is a natural (realistic) face shape in that area. It almost gives her face more depth than the other ladies? She doesn't look like she has raccoon eyes or an obvious screening error or something. I guess I got one of the better ones. Either that, or this kind of error bothers me way less than a googly eyes error.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Boy Doll Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • thatRavie
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 12:12:39 PM »
Does anyone know if Book Party Ginger have the same problem? It's not a big deal if she does but I just ordered her, and her stock photos on Amazon don't seem to have it, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to find owner photos of her

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 08:47:03 AM »
Does anyone know if Book Party Ginger have the same problem? It's not a big deal if she does but I just ordered her, and her stock photos on Amazon don't seem to have it, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to find owner photos of her
I don't own her since she is too similar to the other Gingers. However, my local Target had two in stock and she doesn't seem to have the same indentation below her eyes. I took a picture but can't upload it until I get home.

Offline Wild Wolf 88

• Monster High Arena
  • Creeperific
  • Avatar Credit= super-airi.tumblr.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 12:55:12 AM »
Hello,

My Sugar Coated Playset Ginger has some eye issues, including some annoying paint that strayed and smeared...within one eye! ACK!
 :clawdeen:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:08:12 AM by Wild Wolf 88 »
Well, I'm feeling the urge to howl at the moon once more...There are too many misconceptions about me being bad, and none of them are true... :(
Chow for Now,
Wild Wolf 88