collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: monster high reboot - new leaks pg3 (Shriek Wrecked & Welcome to MH)  (Read 116317 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Re: monster high reboot - new leaks pg3 (Shriek Wrecked & Welcome to MH)
« Reply #620 on: January 05, 2016, 07:03:44 PM »
We know Mattel likes video reviews (free commercials for their product), so I have an idea if anyone wants to try it: Make a video about what you find disappointing about the new direction. Read the letters you want to send them. Include tags like "Mattel, Monster High, review" and so on. It'd be interesting to see what Mattel thinks when disappointed reviews start popping up in the suggested video feeds alongside the ones that currently praise the line.

Statements like Emerald's child's rather powerful one about "creepy kids" could be even stronger when sent to the world along with Mattel. "Creepy kids" are freaking awesome, and MH has been awesome about make "creepy kids" cool until now.

I feel this is kinda manipulative. Kids look up to the adult collectors. You really think we should be telling them it isn't okay to like them if they do? Like the tween audience didn't even give Jem a chance because the nostalgic adults complained about it.

Like I dunno. I myself am not a fan of the unarticulated stuff but at the same time I'm glad the little kids have an option that doesn't run the risk of being in savers a month later because it no longer has lower arms. I'm not a fan of the gimmicky stuff but I know little child me would have loved things like that. I just don't get how some people don't want them to do things for little kids alongside the regular stuff.

They still seem creepy to me. They just seem more "creepy and cute" instead of "creepy fashion models" which is fine because it's Monster High not Supermodel High. If I wanted supermodels I'd of collected Bratz.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline QuirkyCat

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 05, 2016, 07:11:35 PM »
I don't want to get into arguments because I like commenting and posting on the arena, but people need to stop acting like children don't have brains. Children and young people have minds and can form opinions.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:19:54 PM by QuirkyCat »

Offline Taxel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #622 on: January 05, 2016, 07:28:59 PM »
I don't want to get into arguments because I like commenting and posting on the arena, but people need to stop acting like children don't have brains. Children and young people have minds and can form opinions.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Kids can and do have their very own likes, dislikes, and opinions. They're not mindless little robots. Sure they'll take cues from and be influenced by people in their lives but the same goes for adults. Just because they're small doesn't mean they don't know what they like or want. Its incredibly insulting and rude to act like they can't.

Offline Chanditoys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bad Box Hair
  • Dollie lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 05, 2016, 07:36:37 PM »
We know Mattel likes video reviews (free commercials for their product), so I have an idea if anyone wants to try it: Make a video about what you find disappointing about the new direction. Read the letters you want to send them. Include tags like "Mattel, Monster High, review" and so on. It'd be interesting to see what Mattel thinks when disappointed reviews start popping up in the suggested video feeds alongside the ones that currently praise the line.

Statements like Emerald's child's rather powerful one about "creepy kids" could be even stronger when sent to the world along with Mattel. "Creepy kids" are freaking awesome, and MH has been awesome about make "creepy kids" cool until now.

Funnily enough, someone on tumblr made a youtube video about the reboot. (I didn't see it so I don't know all the details) Basically, a BUNCH of kids commented negatively on the change, the only positive comments seemed to be from adults. Mattel got the video removed.

EDIT: Found the source
http://daydreams-at-midnight.tumblr.com/post/136641181030/so-mattel-took-down-the-rebranding-video-i-posted
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:53:57 PM by Chanditoys »

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #624 on: January 05, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
Whoever said they can't like them? :( I used the word "disappointing" over and over for a reason. Disappointing implies expectations that aren't met, but doesn't imply something being bad, or terrible. (If you go for ice cream wanting chocolate but all the store has is vanilla, THAT is "disappointing". You buy a doll that has two left shoes, THAT is "disappointing". You go see a movie that's advertised your favorite actor prominently and then discover their only substantial scenes were used in the trailer, THAT is "disappointing".) Describe any of these situations to an elementary-age child, and I'll bet you that they still like ice cream, dolls, and movies. The tone I'm suggesting is "What you find disappointing", not a "Rage-filled hate-rant about how toys are garbage and anyone who likes them is a poo-brain". That sort of criticism isn't constructive, and constructive criticism is what I'm thinking would be appropriate.

I'm being jokey up there, but I really don't think that thoughtful honesty in reaction to these previews is any more manipulative when it's critical than it is when it's positive.

Edit: I'm not even trying to start OR perpetuate a fight, here. :(
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:46:08 PM by Knightfire »

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 05, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »
As there is no new information and this thread has devolved into personal attacks again, it is now locked.